ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities related Q for Cola area residents

conCOCKshon

Sep 9, 2012
I recall reading a year or 2 ago that they were going to install extra wide sidewalks around the Fair Grounds, primarily to accommodate crowds for the football games. I also thought I read where they were going to be installed in time for the 2015 season. Is this correct? Has anything started?

I recall reading a year or 2 ago that they were going to install extra wide sidewalks around the Fair Grounds, primarily to accommodate crowds for the football games. I also thought I read where they were going to be installed in time for the 2015 season. Is this correct? Has anything started?
Nobody knows anything about this? Really?

Last I heard they were going to tear down the chain link fence on the bluff road side and put up a iron fence to match the one they put up on the george rogers side this summer. The sidewalk on the bluff road side is going to wait until the city/state widens bluff road. Dont know about any other improvements to sidewalks around the Fair Grounds so I will defer to those on here that are more in the know.

I seem to remember hearing that they gave up on the idea since they could never match the beauty of CU Boulder.

Looks like they are just getting started. I have noticed the old chain link fence on Bluff Rd side is down. On Rosewood side, still a lot of work going on the new Fairground entrance.

SCDOT has put a hold on the sidewalk project because of a new project to widen Bluff road from Rosewood to I77. However the SCSFair is going ahead and removing their chain link fencing in this area and replacing with black metal fencing from Rosewood entrance to Bluff and down Bluff to where other black fencing is located. They are moving the fence line back to the right of way which will create a green walkway away so the public will not have to walk in the street anymore. With the new entrance construction, the Fair is installing a 12' sidewalk from halfway down Rosewood from GR Blvd. to their main gate. This will be a huge improvement for those riding shuttles from USC to Rosewood and walking through the Fair's grounds to the stadium. All work will be completed before the first game.

ADVERTISEMENT