ADVERTISEMENT

Fair weather fans...

hotshotcock

Dec 31, 2009
Easley, SC
South Carolina fans we need to hold your head high even though the season isn't one that was expected. Fans need to be constant with support to your favorite school good or bad. SC had 3 remarkable seasons where fans came out of the woodwork as Clemson fans did this year. We need to be proud and supportive of the program; do you remember 1998 and 1999?

1998 Record 1-10
1999 Record 0-11

Our chances don't look good on Saturday but who would have thought North Carolina would go undefeated the rest of the season after a loss to SC? I do understand their competition was most ACC foes but remember they picked themselves up. Look at the crazy boosters at LSU who has convinced their school to fire Les Miles possibly. With the years of success LSU has had under Miles its unthinkable. Many fans were screaming to fire Spurrier and when he quits the hatred get worse. What he did was wrong but I really think he knew the writing was on the wall. Clemson fans were screaming for Dabo to be fired for losing to SC 5 years in a row; those same fans are praising his name today.

My message is to support your school good or bad. Will I be happy that another state school has a better record and support them with well wishes; NO! That's because I am still loyal to the college program that I personally and financially support is having a poor season. I am a SC Gamecock fan good or bad; forever to thee...

Last edited:
Reactions: DiamondDave22
South Carolina fans you need to hold your head high even though the season isn't one that was expected. Fans need to be constant with support to your favorite school good or bad. SC had 3 remarkable seasons where fans came out of the woodwork as Clemson fans did this year. We need to be proud and supportive of the program; do you remember 1998 and 1999?

1998 Record 1-10
1999 Record 0-11

Our chances don't look good on Saturday but who would have thought North Carolina would go undefeated the rest of the season after a loss to SC? I do understand their competition was most ACC foes but remember they picked themselves up. Look at the crazy boosters at LSU who has convinced their school to fires Les Miles possibly. With the years of success LSU has had under Miles its unthinkable. Many fans were screaming to fire Spurrier and when he quits the hatred get worse. What he did was wrong but I really think he knew the writing was on the wall. Clemson fans were screaming for Dabo to be fired for losing to SC 5 years in a row; those same fans are praising his name today.

My message is to support your school good or bad. Will I be happy that another state school has a better record and support them with well wishes; NO! That's because I am still loyal to the college program that I personally and financially support is having a poor season. I am a SC Gamecock fan good or bad; forever to thee...

I think people confuse being pissed off as not supporting the team. The fact that we ARE pissed off is a good sign, it means the fans care about the program. Apathy is the killer and if we ever get to where we say "oh well" then we will be in trouble.

I think people confuse being pissed off as not supporting the team. The fact that we ARE pissed off is a good sign, it means the fans care about the program. Apathy is the killer and if we ever get to where we say "oh well" then we will be in trouble.
This is true. People have different definitions of "fair weather fan." You don't have to be a sunshine pumper to be a true fan. Likewise, you don't have to criticize every single thing about the program just to prove you aren't a sunshine pumper.

I'll always be a Gamecocks fan, no matter if we lose them all, but the "meteoric" plummet that we did--straight into the ground--is shocking enough to turn me off of watching, talking, and enjoying as much as I might normally do during a "normal" bad season. This is not normal. Something happened that took us down so fast... so I likewise stopped watching and enjoying just as fast. It is what it is, after all.

South Carolina fans we need to hold your head high even though the season isn't one that was expected. Fans need to be constant with support to your favorite school good or bad. SC had 3 remarkable seasons where fans came out of the woodwork as Clemson fans did this year. We need to be proud and supportive of the program; do you remember 1998 and 1999?

1998 Record 1-10
1999 Record 0-11

Our chances don't look good on Saturday but who would have thought North Carolina would go undefeated the rest of the season after a loss to SC? I do understand their competition was most ACC foes but remember they picked themselves up. Look at the crazy boosters at LSU who has convinced their school to fire Les Miles possibly. With the years of success LSU has had under Miles its unthinkable. Many fans were screaming to fire Spurrier and when he quits the hatred get worse. What he did was wrong but I really think he knew the writing was on the wall. Clemson fans were screaming for Dabo to be fired for losing to SC 5 years in a row; those same fans are praising his name today.

HEAR HEAR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT