ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Football Season without Fans or Move Season to Spring with Fans

Fall Football Season without Fans or Move Season to Spring with Fans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If those are the choices for selfish reasons I would want spring. However if I could watch it in the fall I wouldn’t complain one bit.

The only way I'd be ok with spring is if all other spring sports are still able to take place.

Reactions: Jbouton2
There is no guarantee that we will be able to have fans in the Spring, so they will not move it. We play in fall or not at all. Most likely not at all.

Can you imagine we pull off an upset like beating LSU and no fans are there. Its the old adage " If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound"
It would suck. I think people are seriously overestimating how compelling fan-less college football games will be to watch. Sure, I'll watch the Gamecocks, but I'm not sure I'd watch many games between two teams I care nothing about. Remember that Ohio State game at Purdue a year or two ago when the whole stadium rallied around that kid with cancer and Ohio State ran into a buzz-saw that night? For that matter, remember how electric our 2012 Georgia game was? Take the crowds out of those games and they may still be entertaining, but they aren't the kinds of events you remember forever.

But I dont see how football in the spring is workable.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Absolutely move to spring. Helps on a variety of levels. Will generate cash for the athletic department for one. And secondly, a game without fans, or limited fans, will be like watching the spring game, or a scrimmage. Just won't have the same excitement and pressure one feels with a full stadium. Switching to spring would actually benefit the high schools even more, as many schools depend on football to pay bills for many sports that generate no income. But the simpleton at the SCHSL are too afraid to make such a decision. They just punt things down the road two weeks at a time while hoping and praying that a higher power takes the decision out of their hands and shuts it down altogether.

And if there’s still no vaccine in ‘21 will they cancel again? Seems most people think things will automatically be different a year from now. IMO, at some Point we better figure out a way to live with this thing.

Reactions: Jbouton2
I'm wondering can Spring football really work. Let's say they start around mid-March or the beginning of April. A full schedule would go into June to mid June.
Now the start of fall practice is 6 weeks later. That is a lot of wear and tear on the players, and leaves little time for healing of more serious injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT