ADVERTISEMENT

Fans, I am very conflicted right now about who our next football coach should be!

I just don't understand what Beamer would be able to sell to recruits? He has nothing to show recruits and this time he can't use Spurrier as a selling tool. I just don't see this ending well.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
You should relax. In the first place, you have no hand in the situation. In the second, you and I are too old to benefit for very long - if at all. Our day has passed. Let the young people worry and obsess.
I'm in the same boat, er, uh, age group. That's how I feel. With all my aches and pains, I'm not sure I have more than a couple of years left anyway.:(

Freeze may help us win right away, but it is so short-sighted. Neal Brown seems like he would be a good hire. I don't know how Beamer would do, but he could be a home run. Or he could be a bust and we would win 3 games a year.. you know, like we are now.

Freeze may help us win right away, but it is so short-sighted. Neal Brown seems like he would be a good hire. I don't know how Beamer would do, but he could be a home run. Or he could be a bust and we would win 3 games a year.. you know, like we are now.
I'm still thinking that more suitable alignment should be considered. I'm surprised we haven't been asked to move on.

I'm sorry but as So Car you can't have it both ways. Either SMU or Straight Arrow Genaro. One of those gets you wins. The other just takes your money and sells you doo doo ice.

I think the problem with Freeze is he is waiting for the TN job. If we hire him, he might be gone in a year or two, which is not a bad thing. It may solved two problems, one being no coach get another Head Coaching job after South Carolina, the other would we get some money back from TN.

I’m still trying to get the fascination with Freeze. He was mediocre at Ole Miss while cheating and has beaten 2 teams with a winning record while at Liberty.

If your criteria is just someone who may have won at Ole Miss I’d rather pursue David Cutcliff. Essentially the same record there with no NCAA violations.
I agree with dizzy. Freeze has done nothing under normal conditions to warrant an offer from USC

Here's the fact: only 2 coaches have won 10 or more games in a season here: Joe Morrison and Steve Spurrier. The two things that they had in common is 1. their strengths were "X's and O's", as opposed to recruiting and 2. they were offense-first coaches. If we could find someone like that, who also has proven recruiting skills, I believe that coach could win BIG here. And they are out there. But, I suspect, but don't KNOW, that we look for some qualities in a Head Coach that other schools don't give a rip about. Consequently, we pass on really good coaches.

Don't get me wrong, I want a good clean ran football program for all Gamecock fans to point to as a source of pride. But, I also want to win some games, if it comes down to Beamer, Napier or Freeze I'm willing to give Freeze a chance. Because of the three aforementioned, I think Freeze would give us the best chance to win. We could also say, hey Liberty gave him a chance and his performance was outstanding for the Flames so we are going to give him a chance, too.

How about Mooney Player???

It's neither here nor there at this point in time but wasn't LSU next in line for Herman if he had turned Texas down. In other words we would have been his 3rd choice if I'm not mistaken. It's just one of those things I am curious about.
That was the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT