ADVERTISEMENT

Fans leaving early

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
not just a USC problem. The Tide fans are rolling right out the exits.

It's just my opinion but I think they'll be on probation in a few years.

No they wont ! ! ! The NCAA does not care about coaches buying players anymore. They are afraid of lawsuit. They do not want to be forced to reveal their own financial situation. Everyone involved is getting rich (except players) NCAA executives are making lots of money. They turn their heads when they see stuff like clemson and Ole Miss bringing in top rated recruiting classes. They turn their head when they see clemson go into Florida year after year and sign 5 star players. Nobody knows this better than clemson, and Ole Miss. They will never go on probation as long as all involved keep their mouth shut. That is how it is in college football recruiting today. Did you not notice how they decided to close the investigation in Miami for major, major, major, violations. The guys paying all the money were the ones doing the talking, and Miami still got away with it all. Nobody even lost their job. I bet you did not notice that.

Reactions: gamecock ed
No they wont ! ! ! The NCAA does not care about coaches buying players anymore. They are afraid of lawsuit. They do not want to be forced to reveal their own financial situation. Everyone involved is getting rich (except players) NCAA executives are making lots of money. They turn their heads when they see stuff like clemson and Ole Miss bringing in top rated recruiting classes. They turn their head when they see clemson go into Florida year after year and sign 5 star players. Nobody knows this better than clemson, and Ole Miss. They will never go on probation as long as all involved keep their mouth shut. That is how it is in college football recruiting today. Did you not notice how they decided to close the investigation in Miami for major, major, major, violations. The guys paying all the money were the ones doing the talking, and Miami still got away with it all. Nobody even lost their job. I bet you did not notice that.

Well we need a bag man too

from reading the above posts about the great recruiting at Ole Miss, let me tell you what I've heard about what is going on there: Ole Miss recruits a lot of the talented-but-barely-humanly decent-no character players and somehow the assistant coaches are able to become "legal guardians" to these questionable people but they are given the chance to stay out of trouble/jail as long as they keep there act together at Ole Miss, naturally these guys then play their hearts out to show that they are becoming regular people, imagine if USC went to the DJJ facility in Columbia and found the dregs of teenage society that had football talent and simply told them that they could enjoy life as long as they kicked ass on the football field, would it be worth it??

It's also not hard to work hard BilliyBob...Stop fooling yourself...
This is what you call hard work ?
kenpagedollars.jpg

You give a picture of one guy...And that was what year? He never played a down...There are 85 guys on scholly...For every team...And you accuse all successful teams of cheating? Maybe other teams are just working harder...Maybe Stevie Football is just getting out recruited...

It's not hard to out recruit someone who doesn't recruit.

You give a picture of one guy...And that was what year? He never played a down...There are 85 guys on scholly...For every team...And you accuse all successful teams of cheating? Maybe other teams are just working harder...Maybe Stevie Football is just getting out recruited...
There were actually two guys who posted a fist full of dollars after signing with clemson. I know that means nothing in your opinion just coincidental, right ? Neither one of them played much at clemson. That has nothing to do with the reason they signed with clemson. Show me where I accuse all successful teams of cheating. I accuse clemson and Ole Miss of cheating. I do not think clemson pays all their recruits. That would be stupid. I am confident that Dabo recruits much much harder than Spurrier ever has. I also believe you guys have a special secret way of repeatedly getting 5 star players from far away to sign with clemson. Tell me something, exactly why is Brad Scott still on the payroll at clemson ?

So you showed that picture why again? The young man gave an explanation at that time...And you feel that the HBC can't compete with those teams because? Oh...I get it they...They are paying players...Ole Miss And Clemson are paying their guys...

I think a guy holding a wad of cash is the explanation. No one gives that much money to put on the net for fun.

I totally agree with all you've said here! The NCAA has no intention of catching those cheating! Don't recommend we do it but we've GOT to find an effective way to recruit & what we're doing is NOT working nowadays!

There really are coaches that are out working hard at recruiting...Kids know them...They build relationships...
And then there are those that...Well...Not so much...

Yeah that was before ole miss somehow started getting all the top talent. Either they changed how they recruit or they paid players remember
At some point we are going to quit accusing people of cheating just because they recruit these kids and convince them they care (whether or not they do). SOS is flat out being out-recruited in a big way. Had Lattimore, Gilmore, and Clowney not grown up in SC, we wouldn't signed them. But these schools are selling a shot at the NFL, great facilities, degrees, etc., and it's not always cheating......seriously, I don't think I'd want to play for Spurrier right now. He and his team is looking a little washed up getting beat at home by KY......hard to swallow, but let's be realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT