ADVERTISEMENT

Farrell moved to DL????

MTsumner92

Jul 31, 2005
Man, I don't understand that move at all. It just makes no sense to me. I thought we had plenty of numbers there. Did we have some DT's get hurt?

Watched his interview after practice today. The guy said he’s played everything except qb and db. His favorite position is whatever gets him on the field on saturdays. He grew up a Gamecock, and said he’s willing to play whatever position they ask as long as it helps the team. Gotta admire a kid like that.

We don’t have good death on the front line. I don’t care how high those guys rankings were coming out of High School. Hopefully our defensive line coach can develop those guys to their full potential!

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
We don’t have good death on the front line. I don’t care how high those guys rankings were coming out of High School. Hopefully our defensive line coach can develop those guys to their full potential!
New DL coach “Tracy Rocker“ is a bad man! The DL won’t even look the same. First good DL coach we have had sense Brad Lawing!! Great teacher of technique and likes physicality in his DL!! Looking forward to watching our guys play this year!

New DL coach “Tracy Rocker“ is a bad man! The DL won’t even look the same. First good DL coach we have had sense Brad Lawing!! Great teacher of technique and likes physicality in his DL!! Looking forward to watching our guys play this year!
Tracy Rocker has been great in the past but I don’t know if that passion is still there. Jeremy Pruitt wasn’t trying to hold on to him at all. And he’s a horrible recruiter, he was fired from Georgia in 2017 and the Titans let him go before that. I’m skeptical of how much he’s gonna put into the Job, he’s all in on his son’s baseball career and I understand that. My concern is his focus for football right now; I can’t let the past cloud my judgement. So I’m gonna wait and see.

Last edited:
Tracy Rocker has been great in the past but I don’t know if that passion is still there. Jeremy Pruitt wasn’t trying to hold on to him at all. And he’s a horrible recruiter, he was fired from Georgia in 2017 and the Titans let him go before that. I’m skeptical of how much he’s gonna put into the Job, he’s all in on his son’s baseball career and I understand that. My concern is his focus for football right now; I can’t let the past cloud my judgement. So I gonna wait and see.
Hope your wrong. Not to worried about J. Pruitt’s opinion of a position coach. He is way overrated!! If he would not have been on Sabans staff nobody would know anything about him. Rocker is a Hell of coach when engaged!!

Hope your wrong. Not to worried about J. Pruitt’s opinion of a position coach. He is way overrated!! If he would not have been on Sabans staff nobody would know anything about him. Rocker is a Hell of coach when engaged!!
Yes he is but he wouldn’t be the first coach I’ve seen lose focus, and I disagree with you on Pruitt; he’s a better coach than many thought he was “including me. He started off bad and finished strong with a weak roster, so he proved himself to me and a lot of other people.

Yes he is but he wouldn’t be the first coach I’ve seen lose focus, and I disagree with you on Pruitt; he’s a better coach than many thought he was “including me. He started off bad and finished strong with a weak roster, so he proved himself to me and a lot of other people.
You have to admit. Back half of his schedule was weak. I’ll reserve judgment til I see what he does this year. Still believe he is another Muschamp, overrated defensive coach ,that gets way to much credit, and has no business being a head coach.

Reactions: Brace1

Hope you are correct on Pruitt, but am silently watching as he loads talent up at UT in top 4-5 of SEC. He is better than any coach they have had there the past 10 years or so, or it would seem so far, hope I am wrong there. One thing is certain, UT can still recruit with the best with the right coach, and as much as I hate to say it, UT is recruiting well enough again to be an SEC contender going forward like in the days of past. SC has been passed by UT in the East, and the hire of Mullen at UF means UF is back in contention annually again. UGA, UF and perhaps (likely) UT are all above SC in the East now, firmly IMO. It seems like the old order is being restored. It will take a transformative type hire ala a Spurrier type for SC to once again muscle back into the competition for East contenders, and even that type of hire will take some time to right the ship. Remember, it took SOS 5 years....though I believe Muschamp will ultimately leave the next coach in much better shape than SOS inherited. So the recovery time with the right hire should be less. Just my thoughts.

Hope you are correct on Pruitt, but am silently watching as he loads talent up at UT in top 4-5 of SEC. He is better than any coach they have had there the past 10 years or so, or it would seem so far, hope I am wrong there. One thing is certain, UT can still recruit with the best with the right coach, and as much as I hate to say it, UT is recruiting well enough again to be an SEC contender going forward like in the days of past. SC has been passed by UT in the East, and the hire of Mullen at UF means UF is back in contention annually again. UGA, UF and perhaps (likely) UT are all above SC in the East now, firmly IMO. It seems like the old order is being restored. It will take a transformative type hire ala a Spurrier type for SC to once again muscle back into the competition for East contenders, and even that type of hire will take some time to right the ship. Remember, it took SOS 5 years....though I believe Muschamp will ultimately leave the next coach in much better shape than SOS inherited. So the recovery time with the right hire should be less. Just my thoughts.
Still not sold on us being passed by Tennessee based on one game.
Time will tell

Kid is a walk on, they get moved all the time, no need to read more into it.

Rocker's fire has been relit. His coaching has always been up to par, his recruiting did slide, but I believe you will see that has changed.

Last edited:
My thoughts are because we play 10 sec games straight. Brutal on lineman. The teams that stay healthy will be the teams that are in it at the end. Last year we had 8 SEC games and used 5 Running Backs.
This. And I believe it has to do with the weekly testing, as well. The Coaches never know from week to week who can go, so they’re trying to build depth. I tried to find the article; it was one of the freebies last week I think.

I bet there are 100s of people on this site who would love for Pruitt to be our HFB coach right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
Those big guys wear down. We need to be able to sub in and out at different positions, keep those guys fresh as much as possible
Or, we could sustain drives and keep the defense off the field. The object of the game is to score as well as keep the other team from scoring. To me, this sounds like a concession that we don't expect to have much of an offense. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: german cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT