ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite opposing college football stadium you've ever visited

As a "narrow-minded" poster on here(only ever seen USC play at willie b) but also as someone who's looking to take in some games in these other stadiums when the little man is old enough in a few years. I'll ask the fans who've taken in some road games, which opposing team's stadium was your favorite?

When they do the lists, LSU and Florida tend to rank really high. The best stadium in the USA is The Rose Bowl without doubt. Watched three games there. That said, of opponents stadiums:
1. Nebraska
2. Miss State (cowbells are kinda cool)
3. Ole Miss

1a. Camp Randall Stadium - Home of the Badgers since 1895. Badger Bash, Jump Around and the 5th Quarter. Best college football game atmosphere I've ever attended.

1b. LSU Tiger Stadium - Best tailgating, Mike the Tiger and the loudest stadium I have ever attended.

Reactions: rogue cock
As awesome as SEC stadiums are the most surreal experience for me was going to a game at Fenway . I’m not even a big MLB fan but it was so cool . It makes you feel like you’ve stepped into a time machine . It was beautiful
I’m a Yankees fan, and I went to a game in Yankee Stadium in 2008 on Memorial Day weekend. It was an incredible experience. I’d love to go to Fenway to watch a game. I was in Chicago for work in 2017, but the Cubs were on the road. I would loved to have watched them play at Wrigley Field. We did eat at Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse there. The baseball memorabilia in the restaurant was very cool!

Reactions: JamesRob
As a "narrow-minded" poster on here(only ever seen USC play at willie b) but also as someone who's looking to take in some games in these other stadiums when the little man is old enough in a few years. I'll ask the fans who've taken in some road games, which opposing team's stadium was your favorite?

When they do the lists, LSU and Florida tend to rank really high.

Chapel Hill has a nice setup. The football stadium, softball, soccer and baseball fields are all together. They feel like an extension of campus. Not the best football stadium but a classic college setup and feel.

Haven’t been to most but a few. I like UGA’s atmosphere. Can be a bit hostile but fun. Walking up that hill after the game is tough. Broad St. on Friday night is awesome as well. The roadblocks they set up out of Athens are also a pain in the butt.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Chapel Hill has a nice setup. The football stadium, softball, soccer and baseball fields are all together. They feel like an extension of campus. Not the best football stadium but a classic college setup and feel.

What I love about Keenan Stadium is the surroundings. The trees, the bell tower there is nothing like it in college football that I've seen.

I have traveled around the country with my job, and have been fortunate to see alot of football outside of WB. From a SEC standpoint, Florida and Mississippi state were my two favorites. Have not made it to LSU yet. Only negative to the Starkville trip was the lady behind me cracking me in the head with the cowbell when she got excited. Outside of the SEC, Autzen stadium was the best...views, food, and the crowd...watched them play Utah. Campus is amazing. Oregon state Campus is beautiful as well...stadium is ok..newer, more modern looking. Rice-eccles in Utah is nice...lots of nice views and not a bad seat...stadium was rocking as they were playing Washington who was undefeated at the time. Campus and stadium that was nice that surprised me was Oklahoma. Norman doesn't look to good outside of Campus, but once you get on, it is phenomenal. I saw all the major Texas schools, as well as UTEP, North texas, Rice and Houston. Loved Baylor and SMU. Views of the Dallas skyline at night from the stadium are awesome. McLane stadium at Baylor with the river running beside it is gorgeous. Those are my personal favorites.

Reactions: duckcock2.0.0
I’m a Yankees fan, and I went to a game in Yankee Stadium in 2008 on Memorial Day weekend. It was an incredible experience. I’d love to go to Fenway to watch a game. I was in Chicago for work in 2017, but the Cubs were on the road. I would loved to have watched them play at Wrigley Field. We did eat at Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse there. The baseball memorabilia in the restaurant was very cool!

If we are talking other sports

Augusta National tv does it no justice

In horse racing Saratoga Racetrack it is like stepping back 100 years it is a must see for any sports fan as I go every summer for 45 years now.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I've been to all the SEC East schools, Clemson, GaTech, NCSU, UNC, Arkansas, and Husky Stadium UofWashington.....In the SEC my all time fav is Arkansas...best fans..love the parade they have before the game...Husky stadium was nice...fans seem a little more subdued than the SEC or Clemson bunch...Clemson blows away UNC, GaTech or NCSU...never been to VaTech but that is on my list...

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT