ADVERTISEMENT

FB Player Suspended

Cybercock

Sep 9, 2001
Columbia SC
South Carolina football player Javon Charleston, a reserve defensive back, has been charged with assault and burglary in Lexington County, according to police documents.

Charleston has been suspended from the team, a USC athletics department spokesman said.

A police report says that on June 17, Charleston was exchanging text messages with a woman. When she didn't respond, he went to the place she was staying and entered the residence around 2 a.m, according to the report.

The woman woke up to find Charleston at the foot of her bed, she told police. Charleston got into a verbal altercation with a man who also was in the bed, the woman reported.

Many, if not all of you are too young to remember the Andy Hardy movie series starring Mickey Rooney. Anyway, Andy's family were sitting around the dinner table eating dinner. And Andy's father, the judge, said something to the affect if more women could cook like his wife there would be less domestic violence. And Andy said well, "if a man can't come home and beat up his wife, then who can he beat up" and then laughed. I wonder how that would play out today in the movie theaters across the country.

Many if not all of you are too young to remember the Andy Hardy movie series starring Mickey Rooney. Anyway, Andy's family were sitting around the dinner table eating dinner. And Andy's father, the judge said something to the affect if more women could cook like his wife there would be less domestic violence. And Andy said well, "if a man can't come home and beat up his wife, then who can he beat up" and then laughed. I wonder how that would play out today in the movie theaters across the country.
That's terrible.

Strange story. Was he overcharged a bit? It doesn't say he hit the woman.Going into the house without permission is big, but is that burglary. I'm just not sure about this one.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Man in bed with his woman? This could've been much worse. Kick him off the team and open up a spot for someone else. Their is no excuse for this behavior. Even if the police drop charges we dont need this crap so send him on his way
Yeah but the defensive backfield is very thin this year. Pull some strings, suspend him for the first game and let's go.

It was probably his girlfriend. Something sounds real fishy here. Did he break in or just walk in? Did he throw punches or steal anything or did he just yell at the man sleeping with the woman? Sounds to me it was either someone he had a relationship with or maybe he’s Just plain nuts. If it’s the first one then he should not be kicked off the team and the charges should be dropped. Heck if he was at Clemson he could’ve hit her with a towel rod and no charges would be filed.

It was probably his girlfriend. Something sounds real fishy here. Did he break in or just walk in? Did he throw punches or steal anything or did he just yell at the man sleeping with the woman? Sounds to me it was either someone he had a relationship with or maybe he’s Just plain nuts. If it’s the first one then he should not be kicked off the team and the charges should be dropped. Heck if he was at Clemson he could’ve hit her with a towel rod and no charges would be filed.
That's the difference, they would have beaten up the woman. We just beat up the man.

This ain't good. He's the best special teams player on the team, hands down! He's a very valuable player.

Wow, makes you realize how good things have been in that area since Boom arrived. I’d quit worrying about that type of thing. I can’t remember the last time something like this was an issue.

If one is a football player at any school really but especially USC, don't waste your time on any one girl, it's totally foolish. My gosh, if you are a football player at USC or any large school and you are unsatisfied with your current girlfriend, just wait five minutes and there will be another along that you will probably like,

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
No....when it comes to violence against women he must go. A couple of games suspension is a joke. Here is part of the article about the assault.

"""""The woman said that after she heard something break, Charleston was in the house, the report said. The woman ran out the back door, but Charleston caught up with her and grabbed her by the neck, calling her a "dirty slut" and pushing her down the stairs, the woman reported. He then took her phone.""""

Reactions: rogue cock
No....when it comes to violence against women he must go. A couple of games suspension is a joke. Here is part of the article about the assault.

"""""The woman said that after she heard something break, Charleston was in the house, the report said. The woman ran out the back door, but Charleston caught up with her and grabbed her by the neck, calling her a "dirty slut" and pushing her down the stairs, the woman reported. He then took her phone.""""

If true...he gone.

And should be.

Strange story. Was he overcharged a bit? It doesn't say he hit the woman.Going into the house without permission is big, but is that burglary. I'm just not sure about this one.

Dude!! She woke up and found an uninvited man standing by her bed at 2:00 in the morning. *&$# no he wasn’t “overcharged” if I woke and found him standing by my bed , he’d ventilated with bullet holes.

Last edited:
This is something most of us can relate too. Relationship over, she starts seeing another man. We move on. He decides to break in, chase the new bf out of the apartment , gf runs out the back door and he catches her, starts choking her and calling her a slut. Hes bad at making decision and this type of behavior will likely land him in prison. Unbecoming of a USC athlete or alum

Reactions: Brace1
I think he was a walk on and Coach Muschamp awarded and presented him a scholarship after one of the scrimmages in August 2017 while his family and teammates were present. If these events are facts that happened on 17 June then I think Charleston threw away an opportunity that a lot of kids do not get. Also he is making a fool out of South Carolina and Coach Muschamp. I am just suspicious since South Carolina has suspended him, If what is reportedly happened turns out to be false then I do sincerely apologize.to Charleston and his family.

Dude!! She woke up and found an invited man standing by her bed at 2:00 in the morning. *&$# no he wasn’t “overcharged” if I woke and found him standing by my bed , he’d ventilated with bullet holes.
And you wouldn't even spend a minute in jail. She would be justified doing the same. If it is as the story says, it's a major lapse in common sense. But that happens with the jealous heart.

There was a recent shooting around here when a woman caught her hubby with another woman. The other woman is dead and the wife is facing a lengthy prison sentence. Her children will be without their mother. I imagine if she got a mulligan, she would do things differently. I'm not trading my freedom for a cheating spouse.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
Bottom line, he caught his girlfriend sleeping with another man, chase the man off and wanted to come back after the girl to call her a "dirty slut"...

Wouldn't have been a problem is the girlfriend was sleeping with another women...

Bottom line, he caught his girlfriend sleeping with another man, chase the man off and wanted to come back after the girl to call her a "dirty slut"...

Wouldn't have been a problem is the girlfriend was sleeping with another women...
Maybe she was no longer his girlfriend, and he couldn't handle it.

Reactions: jeff2001
If true, he needs to be off the team. Doubt Champ will drag his feet on this.

Women make men do stupid shit. Not an excuse or blaming them, some men just can't handle tough relationship problems. It's shit your parents normally teach you. 101, don't hit a women. 102, if you're mad enough to break 101, leave.

She is saying on Twitter he never touched her and the Charges should be dropped. The incident was overblown by the Cops.

Well that throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing. Surely the media wouldn't release a story without all the facts.lol

Funny how that always happens. She's getting choked out and called a dirty slut but the next day when he loses a scholarship things are totally different. Let's here from the guy than ran out the house and see what his take is bow

Reactions: cocky4
Funny how that always happens. She's getting choked out and called a dirty slut but the next day when he loses a scholarship things are totally different. Let's here from the guy than ran out the house and see what his take is bow
It reminds me of how, after the Joe Craig incident proved Clemson athletes are instructed in the way of "family," to call coaches, when Sammy got caught on video with an ounce of weed in his shorts, the police in car audio suddenly wasn't working for the ride to booking. Conspiracy theories, they're everywhere, and only Tiger troubles are afforded the legal courtesy of "allowing the process to play out."

this would have never made the news in Cowtown. If it did the guy, the girl and the cop would all go "missing" all of a sudden.

And the majority of the article would tell how the kid was such a saint growing up. And how he and the pope are basically best buds.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT