ADVERTISEMENT

Feaster spotted at Willy B

Hope this isn't a Belk type of thing. So far Clemson grads aren't panning out. The staff sees something so I will go with that.
well Belk was still an incoming freshmen and only made it past spring ball with the taters before coming here. Feaster is a proven talent and 2x national champion so i think he would come in and immediately contribute for us. perhaps even be our starter

Reactions: funktavious
So, what does Feaster want to accomplish exactly? Does he want 15 touches a game? Is he trying to impress NFL scouts, and thought what he put on film at Clemson didn't do the job? Was he going to get any touches at Clemson this up coming season? Why doesn't he just take his shot at professional football? Why one more season in college? Seems like an odd decision for him. Either stay at Clemson or take a shot at the NFL.

For us, if he's getting the full court press, what does it say about Rico, Turner, Denson, Fenwick and Valentine? We already have six guys who want carries. Statistically speaking, Feaster was about the same as Rico last year.

So, what does Feaster want to accomplish exactly? Does he want 15 touches a game? Is he trying to impress NFL scouts, and thought what he put on film at Clemson didn't do the job? Was he going to get any touches at Clemson this up coming season? Why doesn't he just take his shot at professional football? Why one more season in college? Seems like an odd decision for him. Either stay at Clemson or take a shot at the NFL.

For us, if he's getting the full court press, what does it say about Rico, Turner, Denson, Fenwick and Valentine? We already have six guys who want carries. Statistically speaking, Feaster was about the same as Rico last year.
I think Feaster had 15 TD at Clemson in a backup roll besides you can't have too many RB the way Rico gets hurt. It's all about competing. I don't believe it says anything bad about our present RB it just means they'd have to work harder, the best discipline on a team is depth. Feaster is looking for a place he can showcase himself if the other backs want PT earn it. I just want to win with the best on the field.

I think Feaster had 15 TD at Clemson in a backup roll besides you can't have too many RB the way Rico gets hurt. It's all about competing. I don't believe it says anything bad about our present RB it just means they'd have to work harder, the best discipline on a team is depth. Feaster is looking for a place he can showcase himself if the other backs want PT earn it. I just want to win with the best on the field.
....and he wants to show off his receiving skills out of the backfield which he, surprisingly, wasn't getting much of an opportunity to do at Clemson.

He may want to go somewhere where he will be the featured back. He's 2nd or maybe even 3rd on the depth chart if he stays at Clemson, where Etienne is the proven, featured back.
He's probably number two he the day he signs here and Rico has a history of injuries. Denson was elevated from 3rd team to 2nd team, and eventual starter, after Rico's injury. Turner is a great third down/scat back but he's not an every down back. Fenwick looked decent last season, but he played sparingly and against weaker opponents. Valentine has yet to play a down of college ball and I have my doubts whether he will see the field this season. He's a speedster and more of a third down back, at this point. IMO, if Feaster signs with us, then he will be the starter come September.

Our running attack has been...lacking. Feaster looks like an upgrade to me. If there are not enough footballs for six backs, transferring is an option for the guys buried in the depth chart.

He may be tired of SoyBean Wind and just wants out of taterville. I’m sure it’s a nice campus. But it is still Pickens.

Reactions: PC31
....and he wants to show off his receiving skills out of the backfield which he, surprisingly, wasn't getting much of an opportunity to do at Clemson.
Feaster was by far a better receiver out of the backfield and pass blocker than ETN. The downside to our depth at WR is the lack a touches for the RBs (May also have something to do with our weakness at TE). Feaster is a great back, he just happens to be stuck behind a guy that is better.

We don't do that here.

Not very well, if we do.
images

The only apprehension that I have is his shoulder problems since H.S. He has had it made only playing part time and being able to hide his shoulder/neck stingers that has caused him to take himself out of games early. The worst that can happen is wherever he goes he will likely be at his best for 8-15 touches game and always outside of the tackles. If he runs between the tackles and gets popped on his shoulder too much, he has stayed on the sidelines--by his choice.
If it was not for his shoulder, he would have been smart to leave early. His idea is to go to a school where he will have 25-30 touches a game. I hope we limit that and have him around in the second half/4th quarter. It cost him 2-3 more 100 yd games this past year. I have heard after the Va. Tech visit, he is ours to lose.
I am all for taking him. If we get 10 touches out of him a game, it will be great. We need him. And when he can last a whole game it is our big reward for sticking with him. He wants 30 touches a game, let's give it to him. As we know a neck and shoulder stinger goes away after a period of time. With the work of our training staff, we can strengthen it more so and have a 200+ total yards a game back. If some our other backs start producing, move Feaster to the slot at times.
With good health all we need to worry about is him learning plays.

The one thing I know about Feaster is that he has elite speed. That is something our other backs do not have. Give him 20 to 25 carries a game and there is a good chance he will take one to the house.
I agree. Even with 15 run, 5 pass touches that could be 200+ yards a game. Having afternoon off, I went to You Tube and searched T......Feaster and watched the videos on him. **(it is better using Roku or sending to TV in some manner).
It has gotten me too excited and ready the Fall.
Second thought, wait until sometime in August to watch. These highlights of games past seasons are addictive.

Reactions: shiverz
Keeping in mind we have a new RB coach, I guess he sees the obvious upside of Feaster. I’m tired of the RB by committee we’ve seemed to have since Lattimore. We may still have it with a first year coach, but I think he’s gonna tighten the backfield up quick. We are almost no threat on the ground or the air, against good teams. It will be awesome if that changes this season.

Reactions: brianlafe and PC31
Keeping in mind we have a new RB coach, I guess he sees the obvious upside of Feaster. I’m tired of the RB by committee we’ve seemed to have since Lattimore. We may still have it with a first year coach, but I think he’s gonna tighten the backfield up quick. We are almost no threat on the ground or the air, against good teams. It will be awesome if that changes this season.
He's already said he wants to use no more than two RBs.

Reactions: brianlafe
Feaster was by far a better receiver out of the backfield and pass blocker than ETN. The downside to our depth at WR is the lack a touches for the RBs (May also have something to do with our weakness at TE). Feaster is a great back, he just happens to be stuck behind a guy that is better.
That’s a great problem to have.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Not a fan of this move, offering Feaster. He had a chance to sign here four years ago, and went Tater. And I’ve seen his highlights up there, we wouldn’t be getting a Saquon Barkley caliber back, or anything.

We should go with our seniors, develop some of the young guys.

Reactions: trekcock
Even if he can help our offense and run game you would not be a fan of it ?
Thing is we know what we have with our seniors. Hope like heck they over achieve this year but we can’t bank on that. We need to win this year and whatever can help that we need to be open to. Has nothing to do with what the guy did four years ago
If st end of this year we have been more productive on offense because he helped our run game which lead to more wins
Then it’s what’s best for program

Even if he can help our offense and run game you would not be a fan of it ?
Thing is we know what we have with our seniors. Hope like heck they over achieve this year but we can’t bank on that. We need to win this year and whatever can help that we need to be open to. Has nothing to do with what the guy did four years ago
If st end of this year we have been more productive on offense because he helped our run game which lead to more wins
Then it’s what’s best for program
It's a shame this has to be explained.

Call me crazy, but I bet they play the running back that gives us the best chance to win. If it’s Feaster then play the man. If someone gets butt hurt then do something on the field to change the coaches minds. Tired of people getting upset bc the other backs have earned their playing time. Well, they haven’t produced the last 3 years. Best man wins. This isn’t a charity and I want to win some damn ballgames

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT