ADVERTISEMENT

finebaum disses clemson fans

I don’t understand why so many of you dislike one of the few media guys who actually call Clemson on their BS.
& His criticism of USC after Virginia pales in comparison to the criticism on this board. The dude talks college football 12 months a year, with guests that more often than not tell u something that u don’t already know. 90% of his “insults” are made tongue in cheek. Again; I don’t understand the hatred but to each his own.
You're kidding right?

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/sec/article18172427.html

https://www.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/06/finebaum_arkansas_south_caroli.html

That's enough for me to never listen to a word he says no matter who he is attacking. Paul Finebaum sucks.

He’s had quite a few hot takes on us lately. I like him though, and am just realizing it comes with the territory. Every fan base has its idiots. The more relevant you are the louder they scream, and in turn the more they are heard.

But has he ever been barked at by a Georgia fan?! At least our classless fans use words when they are shouting at people...

Very true,re every fan base’s idiots.Hands down,most trouble I’ve ever had with opposing fans was Georgia away game wackos-expected drunk frat boy idiots,wasn’t prepared for grown man belligerently getting in the face of my 16 year old son,simply cheering loudly for us-years ago,that was the Brandon Bennett last second winning TD game.
Enjoyed Finebaum’s piece on Darius Rucker and his USC love.Caught only part of 30 minute video during CWS rain delay.Haven’t been able to find full show online,though.

Finebaum also said just the other day that he is an ESPN journalist and doesn't favor Bama at all... So there you are.

The man is a freaking genius. He knows how and when to appease his Bama base and when to get them all upset. Right after the NC game, he said that Clemson had stripped Saban and left him naked on the street. Now he's bitching about Dabo not bringing TL to ACC's media days and whatever else he can to get the base calling in.

He's a Bama guy because that's the biggest fan base. It's all about the ratings for him. Watch what he says and does through that lense and you see what he says and does ALWAYS has a purpose.

Reactions: howard13
I think fans of almost every team except Alabama generally dislike him. It doesn't matter what school a caller asks about (USC, UGA, Ole Miss, etc), 9 out of 10 times he brings the answer around to Alabama. He constantly reminds every fan that their school is not and will never be as good as Alabama.
This is accurate. He fawns over bama in every show and takes parting shots on the way out.

Truth is that Finebaum could truly care less about Bama, or Clemson. He may have a soft spot for UT as he is an alum. But so many, including many on this forum, get twisted into knots by Finebaum. That is what he does. And why he has been so successful. He takes different angles at different times just to tweak the audience. And of course he is going to talk about Bama and Clemson the most. He only really spends any time on the also rans when he as to because of the SEC Network.

This ^^^^

Finebaum would talk trash about the Bemiji State Beavers and the NSIC if he could get ratings out of it. I have no doubt that every one that gets to call in on the show are the bottom of the barrel fans and are purposely selected to portray the worst in each fan base.

Its his shtick and its made him millions.

Reactions: Zann77

Tater fans on rival board talking about Bama. House taters in here represent this clip.

News Flash. Finebaum isn’t the only national host to call out the tater fan base. Here’s your sign !

Unsure if this has already been discussed, but I caught a small portion of the Paul Finebaum Show today and he trashed the clempson fan base for their overall conduct during their recent football success. Basically, Paul said he had never seen a more "disgraceful" (his word) fan base. I only saw a snippet of the segment. Anybody else see this? I'm not sure what was being discussed.

LSU fans are the worst on their home field. Most of the Auburn fans were great to us when we went to see South Carolina play Cam Newton and the Tigers. We should have won that game.

Saw the show, he said we were to blame for allowing them to rise up to that level in the first place, after the 5 bomb, he was talking with some tater from Charleston named Sam, who sounded like a 22yr old kid who stumbled onto tater tech about 5-6 years ago, the most annoying members of their "cult" you can find.
He’s exactly right. Spurrier allowed Clemson to rise up. We had our foot on their throats and let em off the mat. Had Spurrier and staff continued recruiting Clemson wouldn’t be sh$t right now. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

He’s exactly right. Spurrier allowed Clemson to rise up. We had our foot on their throats and let em off the mat. Had Spurrier and staff continued recruiting Clemson wouldn’t be sh$t right now. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Except they were winning the conference and BCS games. I’m not taking up for them but I think your memory is lacking

Except they were winning the conference and BCS games. I’m not taking up for them but I think your memory is lacking
It sure would've been nice if the BCS didn't have conference tie-ins that allowed Clemson to play in the Orange Bowl over us. Especially when we had the same regular season record (through our SEC schedule to their ACC) AND we beat them head to head by double digits all those years.

CU was silently building a program while Spurrier was only focused on beating them. SC could've kept building, but CU would still be where they are and we could've had a 1990s FSU-FL type rivalry with national implications

I"ll drink to that and i understand why he hates them, because he sees right through them like most people do and he tells it like it is.

And what exactly do you think he (and “most people”) see when he looks through the championships, facilities, and recruiting rankings that have Clemson’s name in his mouth in the first place?

And what exactly do you think he (and “most people”) see when he looks through the championships, facilities, and recruiting rankings that have Clemson’s name in his mouth in the first place?

As far as I'm concerned, that 2018 Championship should be vacated because of the Ostarine. That fire is too big to burn without answering the questions to identify the source and no other players were on it.

Any amateur team of unpaid student athletes caught with a substance used to enhance muscle growth that is illegal in all competitive sports needs to be banned from the competition.....No questions asked and it is a damn shame Dabo brought this to an NCAA Championship event and the board of Trustees and President of Clemson are doing nothing to resolve the situation or reprimand the liars hiding the truth.

He sees a fan base that is waaaaaaay too worried about what everyone else thinks of them. You won a national title, dude! Sure, it was obviously tainted by the Ostarine results, but you should still try to enjoy it without obsessing over what “we see” LOL

He sees a fan base that is waaaaaaay too worried about what everyone else thinks of them. You won a national title, dude! Sure, it was obviously tainted by the Ostarine results, but you should still try to enjoy it without obsessing over what “we see” LOL

With all due respect sir (or mam), I’m not here to seek anyone’s emotional respect to validate our success, I’m here to discuss athletics at both university’s and all the things that surround it, because I have history with each.

You can call our championships whatever you’d like though. It won’t steal any joy from me. LOL :)

I wish we were good enough that National tv and radio personalities talked about us. Oh I yearn for the Spurrier years once again. The good ones that is.

With all due respect sir (or mam), I’m not here to seek anyone’s emotional respect to validate our success, I’m here to discuss athletics at both university’s and all the things that surround it, because I have history with each.

You can call our championships whatever you’d like though. It won’t steal any joy from me. LOL :)
After winning a National Championship you join our board to discuss athletics. We see right through you.

Reactions: howard13
After winning a National Championship you join our board to discuss athletics. We see right through you.

I’ll add this to my bio because I can’t expect people to go back and read my post, but as I have stated multiple times I live out of state now and wanted a place to join in conversations with fans. I’m surrounded by Vols here in Tenn and I can’t really have conversations with them about the rivalry I grew up in and appreciate. I also attended both Clemson and Carolina, and while I do pull for Clemson, this does lead to me having some rooting interest in Carolina. I joined the board because I’m actually interested in the direction of the program because I believe the next two years are such a crossroads for you. But also when someone makes ridiculous claims about the team I pull for, I’m going to take the time to engage in that conversation. Sometimes it may be with a smart ass comment, sometimes it may be with facts, and sometimes it may be with opinion. It’s all in fun though. Just trying to get my fix of college football talk and rivalry banter. I get my fair share on TigerNet as well.

Not trying to hide my allegiance though, so there is nothing to “see through”. I appreciate the way I’ve been treated by most on here.

Reactions: FJRTiger
I’ll add this to my bio because I can’t expect people to go back and read my post, but as I have stated multiple times I live out of state now and wanted a place to join in conversations with fans. I’m surrounded by Vols here in Tenn and I can’t really have conversations with them about the rivalry I grew up in and appreciate. I also attended both Clemson and Carolina, and while I do pull for Clemson, this does lead to me having some rooting interest in Carolina. I joined the board because I’m actually interested in the direction of the program because I believe the next two years are such a crossroads for you. But also when someone makes ridiculous claims about the team I pull for, I’m going to take the time to engage in that conversation. Sometimes it may be with a smart ass comment, sometimes it may be with facts, and sometimes it may be with opinion. It’s all in fun though. Just trying to get my fix of college football talk and rivalry banter. I get my fair share on TigerNet as well.

Not trying to hide my allegiance though, so there is nothing to “see through”. I appreciate the way I’ve been treated by most on here.

Come back when your baseball team wins back to back babeee. If you ain’t struttin you ain’t nuttin.

Not trying to hide my allegiance though, so there is nothing to “see through”. I appreciate the way I’ve been treated by most on here.[/QUOTE Your a Troll.

Your Trolling, they are several message boards and Facebook groups for all college football fans to come together. You come here to argue and bash.

He’s had quite a few hot takes on us lately. I like him though, and am just realizing it comes with the territory. Every fan base has its idiots. The more relevant you are the louder they scream, and in turn the more they are heard.

But has he ever been barked at by a Georgia fan?! At least our classless fans use words when they are shouting at people...
But can a majority of your fans actually pronounce your school correctly? :)

He's definietly a Bammer homer but he has ribbed Saban from time to time purposely.

Reactions: TaterTater
This. He has zero respect for the gamecocks, and has made no bones about it.
I used to tape up where Corso's head was on the TV when Spurrier started couching. I don't get how Finebaum rubs people the wrong way to catch so much hate. If i'm bored at what he's saying, I just change the channel and don't give him another though.

But can a majority of your fans actually pronounce your school correctly? :)

He's definietly a Bammer homer but he has ribbed Saban from time to time purposely.

Valid burn. It’s a habit I had to break a long time ago, myself.

But hey, at least we didn’t allow another school to steal our schools name. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, that 2018 Championship should be vacated because of the Ostarine. That fire is too big to burn without answering the questions to identify the source and no other players were on it.

Any amateur team of unpaid student athletes caught with a substance used to enhance muscle growth that is illegal in all competitive sports needs to be banned from the competition.....No questions asked and it is a damn shame Dabo brought this to an NCAA Championship event and the board of Trustees and President of Clemson are doing nothing to resolve the situation or reprimand the liars hiding the truth.

and the NCAA indefinitely suspended 3 Bama players for the playoffs....

and the NCAA indefinitely suspended 3 Bama players for the playoffs....
Not for PEDs and Dabo's last public comment on the issue was Clemson may have given the muscle building drugs "accidentally". Now they have shut up and are hiding the truth.

Plus, Dan Radikovich has a documented history of tampering with an NCAA investigation by having players coached how to answer the questions the NCAA may ask them. Research his involvement in the case that ended in the Georgia Tech vacating of their 2019 ACC Championship. His is a known manipulator of truth and fact by his track record as an AD.

Not for PEDs and Dabo's last public comment on the issue was Clemson may have given the muscle building drugs "accidentally". Now they have shut up and are hiding the truth.

Plus, Dan Radikovich has a documented history of tampering with an NCAA investigation by having players coached how to answer the questions the NCAA may ask them. Research his involvement in the case that ended in the Georgia Tech vacating of their 2019 ACC Championship. His is a known manipulator of truth and fact by his track record as an AD.

IDK, rumor has it that it was for the same banned substance and if it is, they have been very hush-hush about it. No one really knows, but we know the NCAA doesn't dish out "indefinite suspensions" for "violation of team rules." I think it will be very telling if those 3 don't play this year.

So since 3 out of the 27 players tested positive for the drug, do you think the entire team should suffer? One can easily assume that with it being such a low percentage of tested athletes, that it was an individual decision. Whatever they have found, I would assume they are keeping in house to protect the players, or the staff that incidentally game the players the substance.

I don't know what the Alabama players did, but they were suspended for the playoff games at the same time, and they all three were given a 4 game suspension for this season from the NCAA, not from their program. You can't on one hand say you are ok with Alabama not disclosing all of the info about their players being suspended and then on the other say Clemson should have to tell everyone, everything.

I just wish Dabo would have went the Saban route of not saying anything, vs being so open about why the 3 players were suspended. No rules state that the school or NCAA have to be public with such information.

To end, if you think that three players who may have knowingly cheated is the reason we won the title last year, then you are delusional.

Valid burn. It’s a habit I had to break a long time ago, myself.

But hey, at least we didn’t allow another school to steal our schools name. ;)
I could go with the current social trend to make myself a victim and demand a safe space so that it doesn't hurt my 'free speech'.

UNC has us beat on who owns 'Carolina' until we when a football national championship. I hate to say it but football > basketball > baseball. And I love baseball much more than basketballl.

As for USC, SoCal is full of it. We were established a univeristy in 1801. They weren't even a state until 1850... established as a university in 1880. I went to a SoCal/UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. Outside of the beautiful view of the stadium... I felt like I was at a high school game. The stadium was half empty at kick off.

Reactions: cutiger55
So since 3 out of the 27 players tested positive for the drug, do you think the entire team should suffer? One can easily assume that with it being such a low percentage of tested athletes, that it was an individual decision. Whatever they have found, I would assume they are keeping in house to protect the players, or the staff that incidentally game the players the substance.

I don't know what the Alabama players did, but they were suspended for the playoff games at the same time, and they all three were given a 4 game suspension for this season from the NCAA, not from their program. You can't on one hand say you are ok with Alabama not disclosing all of the info about their players being suspended and then on the other say Clemson should have to tell everyone, everything.

I just wish Dabo would have went the Saban route of not saying anything, vs being so open about why the 3 players were suspended. No rules state that the school or NCAA have to be public with such information.

To end, if you think that three players who may have knowingly cheated is the reason we won the title last year, then you are delusional.
They crushed Alabama without the 3 players so the issue is moot.

What is weird is that if you actually research the drug; it shows how painfully hard it is to get. To claim that it magically appeared in an athlete's diet tells either a few things.

• 1 or a few players are extremely guilty into introducing it into their diet and impacting their team (personally or from a trainer education in what it will do)
  • A Clempson trainer knowingly put it into some of the players diets without telling them
  • Clempson has absolutely no control of substances that are being given to their players and are getting things from a highly unreliable/illegal source.
  • Dabo is completely full of **** and protecting his players/staff members at all cost to avoid a possible 'SoCal' sentence from NCAA

Sorry but your opinion is flawed because Dabo's last comment on this scandal left open that other players could have accidentally been on it also. Since then Clemson delayed their hearing with the NCAA until after the NFL Draft and now will not realease any information even with FOI requests. It is a bigger issue than the 3 players you served up, coached on an answer, and have now silenced.

They crushed Alabama without the 3 players so the issue is moot.

What is weird is that if you actually research the drug; it shows how painfully hard it is to get. To claim that it magically appeared in an athlete's diet tells either a few things.

• 1 or a few players are extremely guilty into introducing it into their diet and impacting their team (personally or from a trainer education in what it will do)
  • A Clempson trainer knowingly put it into some of the players diets without telling them
  • Clempson has absolutely no control of substances that are being given to their players and are getting things from a highly unreliable/illegal source.
  • Dabo is completely full of **** and protecting his players/staff members at all cost to avoid a possible 'SoCal' sentence from NCAA

Actually, Osterine is found in over the counter mass builders and other supplements. You can buy them easily. Not saying this is how they got them, just saying that it isn't difficult to get. So exactly what research did you do to say that it's "painfully hard" to get?

I think your first two bullets are plausable, and had you stopped there, I would have agreed with you. You spelled Clemson wrong though, there is no "p".

Your third bullet point is highly unlikely seeing as only three of the players tested positively for it.

Your fourth is simply wishful thinking.

Actually, Osterine is found in over the counter mass builders and other supplements. You can buy them easily. Not saying this is how they got them, just saying that it isn't difficult to get. So exactly what research did you do to say that it's "painfully hard" to get?

I think your first two bullets are plausable, and had you stopped there, I would have agreed with you. You spelled Clemson wrong though, there is no "p".

Your third bullet point is highly unlikely seeing as only three of the players tested positively for it.

Your fourth is simply wishful thinking.

So why can't your corrupt AD and coach find the source? You just added more evidence about the lies and cover up ongoing their over this issue.

Sorry but your opinion is flawed because Dabo's last comment on this scandal left open that other players could have accidentally been on it also. Since then Clemson delayed their hearing with the NCAA until after the NFL Draft and now will not realease any information even with FOI requests. It is a bigger issue than the 3 players you served up, coached on an answer, and have now silenced.

So why can't your corrupt AD and coach find the source? You just added more evidence about the lies and cover up ongoing their over this issue.

But others that were tested weren't on it, so my opinion isn't flawed, it's based off facts. Yours is the equivalent to a fantasy story. You're just hopeful it's a widespread issue, because you have no facts to back that claim up.

Additionally, who says they didn't find the source? Just because they didn't make it public doesn't mean they don't know anything. They just aren't required to make it available to us. Dabo can say whatever he wants, or hold back any information he would like to as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT