ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Beamer!!!

Before the game the coaching staffs could have switched sides...uga still wins big.
To a point yes....but make no mistake about it their staff is WAY out of our staff's league with the exception of Lembo and Stepp. Anyone disagree with that? You don't know what you're looking at. Sorry not sorry...and I hate that...but that's where we are with the program.
Again...our luck will not be anything close to the unadulterated pure fall backwards into a pot of gold luck we experienced last year.

Before the game the coaching staffs could have switched sides...uga still wins big.
...and part of the coaching staff's job...obviously a huge part- is getting the best overall talent into their program. UGA's group is unbelievable. USC has all the pieces in place to attract big time players. SOS got great talent in here barely working on it and using his name...and I know the asst. coaches get some credit for that but during that time if SOS wasn't there...those same asst. coaches wouldn't have gotten the same quantity or quality of talent to USC. Even Muschump worked his butt off and got great def. Talent and overall good players the first 2-3 years at Carolina. But, in today's age you can turn over a roster in 3 months...much less 17-18 months.

Reactions: cockofdawn
He has not even been the head coach of a flag football team. He has no idea how to run a football team. An SEC coaching job is not a place to have a inexperienced head coach. Ray Tanner is to blame for this. Not Shane.
We are a joke in college football yet again, with an inexperienced head coach who has no clue how to make us better.

We will never have the talent of a lot of teams in the SEC. That makes it of the utmost importance to have a coaching staff that can overachieve with the talent at hand. There are weak links on this coaching staff. It's imperative that a Head Coach like Beamer who has never been an OC nor DC, much less a proven one, have a staff of assistants who know a thing or two about "coaching". To be a "CEO" type like Dabo, you need competent assistants. Who thinks we have that? Beamer really fell on the job when he did not let some assistants go after last season. It made me wonder whether he has the intestinal fortitude to be a successful Head Coach.

That game was nasty. It's too bad we had to play Arkansas the week before this game. UGA got a much better look than they would have had if we were coming off a non-con first game like the schedule typically presents. Their defense took advantage and was able to unload.

The cherry on top was watching a man who just robbed us of $40 million and tanked the program, all but throw a shutout in our building. Beamer's seat just got warm early in Year 2.

Fire Calvi!!! SC is a place to play football and get everything for free while you can. A few make the NFL. UGA and the like are places to compete and win and get drafted. I’m sure they have better free stuff. Who are we kidding. Half the kids on this team would go to BAMA or UGA if they could. We’re sloppy seconds. The DUFF.

Dabo would fire his own mother to protect himself. It's why he got the job to begin with. Beamer will need to cut bait soon or he won't last long.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I agree completely, but you still have some on here that want out coaches fired. These are most likely, not positive but the same people that posted a 8-4, 9-3 season back 5 weeks ago. At this stage(year 2) we should be critical of recruiting by coaches than game planning and play calling. The reason for poor performance is lack of talent. Now if we lose to Charlotte, SC state or Vandy then fire some coaches.

Maybe use Beamer's dirtbag screaming at those young girls for daring to get honored during the game as a reason to fire him with no buyout?

Reactions: Cockytalk84
Fire Calvi!!! SC is a place to play football and get everything for free while you can. A few make the NFL. UGA and the like are places to compete and win and get drafted. I’m sure they have better free stuff. Who are we kidding. Half the kids on this team would go to BAMA or UGA if they could. We’re sloppy seconds. The DUFF.

Yep. That is true for players AND for coaches. Funny that people think we can just go out and hire these mythical coaches that are so good that can't turn a team that is 72% three star players and make them contenders in the best conference in the nation. Laughable.

The only way we get past that is to shell out obscene amounts of money to the top coaches and give them huge buyouts. We've seen it many times before. The best coaches have better options.

We were boys going up against men - two weeks in a row - the second time worst than the first. Until we can put a team of men out there, we will continue to get our noses bloodied. That doesn't mean we ought to continue with Satterfield, though. He wasn't even that impressive at Temple.
What are the chances that Beamer fires the OL coach as a scapegoat but keeps Satterfield? That would be a SMH moment. Both would need to go.

There is zero chance anybody gets fired until the end of the season.

Georgia is NOT a measuring stick game for us. They are in another league. Oregon has far more talent on their team, the Georgia made them look terrible on both sides of the ball too.

"We have a very good SEC team." - Shane Beamer 9/17/2022.

This tells me he has no clue about football or talent. If this is his idea of a very good SEC team, he has no business coaching anywhere.

That's meh to me. Coachspeak. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
What are the chances that Beamer fires the OL coach as a scapegoat but keeps Satterfield? That would be a SMH moment. Both would need to go.

This would be worst case scenario, imo.

Everyone likes to say "Dabo 2.0", but that guy switched coordinators when needed.

That's meh to me. Coachspeak. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.
That's not coachspeak. Coachspeak is "we're gonna play em one game at a time" and "our guys aren't going to give up", and things like that. This was a statement that was obviously not true and when you make stupid statements like that you lose your credibility. There were a thousand things he could have said to say how they had prepared for the game without saying "we're a very good SEC team". At this point they are not even an average SEC team.

That game was nasty. It's too bad we had to play Arkansas the week before this game. UGA got a much better look than they would have had if we were coming off a non-con first game like the schedule typically presents. Their defense took advantage and was able to unload.

The cherry on top was watching a man who just robbed us of $40 million and tanked the program, all but throw a shutout in our building. Beamer's seat just got warm early in Year 2.
No it didn’t. Beamer seat ain’t warm. If y’all thought we had a snowballs chance in hell to beat Georgia you don’t know football. They have more talent in any single position group than our whole team.

That's not coachspeak. Coachspeak is "we're gonna play em one game at a time" and "our guys aren't going to give up", and things like that. This was a statement that was obviously not true and when you make stupid statements like that you lose your credibility. There were a thousand things he could have said to say how they had prepared for the game without saying "we're a very good SEC team". At this point they are not even an average SEC team.

Maybe I should have said cheerleader coachspeak?

I agree it wad the wrong thing to say, and I agree it hurts someone credibility. But I also brush it off easier than you because it does seem like something a lot coaches say. Jmo

• Haha
Reactions: the orange dog

I agree it wad the wrong thing to say, and I agree it hurts someone credibility. But I also brush it off easier than you because it does seem like something a lot coaches say. Jmo
He’s the son of a very good coach. He’s not learning like he should. This might be his dream job but could be our nightmare.

It's not the talent I'm concerned with mostly. It's the cheerleading, lack of development, lack of execution, lack of organization, and a general sense of we don't know who we are or what we want to do. App State would run circles around us. TN improved. Ole Miss improved. Arkansas improved. Miss State improved. I could go on.

This will not end well. And when Shane leaves Tanner better right behind him.

I don't think I have ever heard another coach say that or something similar. I've never heard Saban say that. At the half on Saturday, Kirby Smart was asked to comment on his team. After thoroughly whipping his opponent his comments were about all the things they did wrong. He didn't comment on how good they were. That is because he strives for perfection and knows that is the only way to get better. He knows that if he does not demand excellence from his team, he will certainly never get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT