ADVERTISEMENT

First Play Bomb

Dec 29, 2011
I have been trying to figure out how this game will go for a while. I believe the defense will be much better. Maybe not great but much better than last year. UNC's D will not be good (How do I know this? I don't). Defense edge goes to USC. Our offense is unknown. UNC offense might have the edge (Maybe not. Who knows). But, one thing that is known is Pharoh Cooper. He will touch the ball in some way. A lot. Brandon Wilds. David Williams. Hopefully, these guys get a lot of touches. Ball control. Ground and pound. But, will Spurrier do that? That's the biggest question. Will he want to pound the ball over and over? Most likely not. If we get into a throwing contest with NC, The Carolina could be in trouble. One thing I will predict is this.. Spurrier has Mitch throw a bomb on the first play (Will it work? I don't know). Carolina beats North Carolina 36-24.
(None of this rambling really matters, but I was bored and had two cents to spend).

I think it depends on field position. If we are near mid field . I say go for it.

I say use Pharoah early and often, but start him out in the Wildcock.

Our 1st play will be a hand-off to Wilds. If we don't get a 1st down the next play will be some type of pass to the outside. If we don't get 1 st down the next play will be a hand-off to Wilds.

If we do move the chains and get near the 50, then look out for a deep shot downfield. But I bet it will be to someone other than Cooper. UNC will focus on covering him, so it'll probably be to Samuel or Heard.

Definitely won't be on the 1st play imho.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I hope/think we start off with three running plays, see if we can generate a 1st down. We do NOT want to put CM out there and go 3 and out on the very first possession. We need to try and establish control of the game early to keep their O on the bench, and low percentage plays probably won't do it. JMHO.

Reactions: gamecock ed
When did this happen last? Didn't Blake M. throw one on UCF (or one of those FL teams)? I think it was SOS's first year and Blake's first start. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I would rather run the ball down their throat. Do it early and often.

Every year someone posts...throw the bomb on the first play. It never happens
What are you talking about?
Shaw threw one against east Carolina and it should have been caught but that ruined his confidence and Garcia actually got to,save the day.

Lucky Shaw didn't give up after that day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT