ADVERTISEMENT

Florida. Lol. That's 3 coaches in the East that are gone.

ConKreteCock

Oct 11, 2008
UT - Butch is gone (possibly this week)
UF- Whatever his name is - gone at end of year.
A&M - Sumlin gone at end of year. They're solid for another loss at least, and the AD already said this summer that ain't good enough at A&M.

Very good news for us. Coaching Turmoil in the East while Muschamp continues to build. Love it!!

BbYvMqp0_400x400.jpeg

You're premature on Sumlin and McElwaine.

No I'm not. They're gone. Sumlin was pre-season gone. The only way he was gonna keep his job at A&M was to win the SECG and make the playoffs. And Florida isn't done losing.

UT - Butch is gone (possibly this week)
UF- Whatever his name is - gone at end of year.
A&M - Sumlin gone at end of year. They're solid for another loss at least, and the AD already said this summer that ain't good enough at A&M.

Very good news for us. Coaching Turmoil in the East while Muschamp continues to build. Love it!!

Sumlin might go 10-2. Would u fire him then?

Reactions: NJCockaigne
Sumlin might go 10-2. Would u fire him then?

No sir, I would absolutely not. However, I am not the AD, and the AD was interviewed pre-season and he stated flat out that 2 and 3 losses a year at A&M was not acceptable. He was all BUT coming right out and saying it, but he said it clearly between the lines. May as well have said "If Sumlin loses 2 or 3 games AGAIN this year, he will be fired." < That's pretty much all he didn't say.

So no. I wouldn't fire him. But the AD pretty much said he was going to if this season continues like the others......and I think A&M is not done losing yet. They got 2 more losses in em'. So, I do the math. Sumlin is gone.

Pretty sure the AD said 7 wins ain’t gonna cut it here.

No sir, I would absolutely not. However, I am not the AD, and the AD was interviewed pre-season and he stated flat out that 2 and 3 losses a year at A&M was not acceptable. He was all BUT coming right out and saying it, but he said it clearly between the lines. May as well have said "If Sumlin loses 2 or 3 games AGAIN this year, he will be fired." < That's pretty much all he didn't say.

So no. I wouldn't fire him. But the AD pretty much said he was going to if this season continues like the others......and I think A&M is not done losing yet. They got 2 more losses in em'. So, I do the math. Sumlin is gone.

Reactions: rogue cock
No I'm not. They're gone. Sumlin was pre-season gone. The only way he was gonna keep his job at A&M was to win the SECG and make the playoffs. And Florida isn't done losing.
Sumlin isn't gone; McElwain is a question mark. One rubbed against the other last night.

In 15 yrs before Sumlin tx am lost less than 4 games only once. That AD better realize they ain’t Bama lol.

McElwain isn't going anywhere this season. If next season goes like this one is going, you will likely see a change. Sumlin appeared to be on the hot seat but I think the way they are playing right now he could earn himself at least one more year.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Listening to the UF fans down here in Gainesville you'd think Mr. Ed will be done. But they can't fire him yet. Maybe Nussmier the OC will have to be the scapegoat. Exactly how old are you. Concrete?

I'll go along with Jones being gone, as for the other 2 candidates as of today 10/15 I say no.
Sumlin after the devasting 1st game loss has started to redeem himslef.

If UF beats (and I did say IF) SC, UGA and FSU he's not going anywhere. If he does not, then UF may review their finances, since they're still having to pay the buyout to Colorado St when they hired him.

Reactions: king ward
UF has won the east the last 2 years. He is nowhere near going to be fired.[/]

I don't know about the UF AD, but the Gator fans are done with McElwain. They have higher expectations than being the tallest midget in the East and when UGA beats them by multiple TDs, they will call for McElwains head.

I hope none of them lose there jobs.....eventually they are going to get good coaches.

I'll go along with Jones being gone, as for the other 2 candidates as of today 10/15 I say no.
Sumlin after the devasting 1st game loss has started to redeem himslef.

If UF beats (and I did say IF) SC, UGA and FSU he's not going anywhere. If he does not, then UF may review their finances, since they're still having to pay the buyout to Colorado St when they hired him.
Now those are thoughtful, non-crazy comments.

Sumlin is probably gone at Tam but it is more he will take the first decent job offered. There is too much water under the bridge there.

Jones is gone and everyone knows it. He has lost his team two years in a row and that will kill a program no matter how well you recruit.

Sharkie was a complete fraud from the beginning. He is Ray Goff reincarnated.

Odom was left with a dumpster fire. It also will be very difficult to find a quality coach that would want to weigh in to that mess.

If/when USC beats Fla, their coach will call Butch and they will go on vacation together and drown their sorrows. Fla should have plenty of money with all the success they have had in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT