ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vs The U.....who you got?

Have bad memories of Miami from the 80’s. And the Gators have been a more recent thorn in the side. I suppose I like Coach M.R. more than Coach D.M. So go Hurricanes!

The U. Richt is a very good coach. I mean, not that Mullens isn't, but I think Richt schools him a little.

EDIT: Since I missed that Richt was forced into retirement, I'm going with UF. They are definitely on the rise unfortunately.

Last edited:
Doesn't University of Florida have three or four starting defensive backs either hurt, out for the season, are dismissed from the team? If they don't have the depth. The U takes it

Reactions: Garnetskies
UF wins a thriller. Still the most overrated team in the country! I wish we played them while they were highly ranked. They’ll crap the bed, write it down.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
I don't know where I've been, but I had no idea CMR was gone from Miami. :confused:

Even if overrated, UF wins easily.
My heart wants the U but my head says the Mullenites also.I have been proven wrong many times before though and wouldn't mind this time.

I totally missed Coach Mark Richt retiring. Must have been busy when that happened.

Just curious, what are you basing this on.

Followed his entire career. He began as a film editor at Texas. He was always very bright. his first significant coaching gig was as DC at Miss St. He did an impressive job with all the juco prospects he corralled. He subsequently got the D.C. job at Texas. With a team loaded with 5 star studs his defenses couldn't stop running water. But he always get fired upwards because his IQ sets the interview room on fire. He would up DC at Miami, his dream school. His defenses are very mediocre , due to tons of injuries and suspensions. Richt wanted to fire him. But he gets the HBC job at Temple. On the way to Temple, his hot wife calls to tell him Mark Richt is out at Miami. Once again his high IQ lands the HBC job at Miami without so much as saying hello to the players at Temple. He is an enigma. Never seen a bright young coach rewarded so much for so little.

Reactions: rogue cock
Followed his entire career. He began as a film editor at Texas. He was always very bright. his first significant coaching gig was as DC at Miss St. He did an impressive job with all the juco prospects he corralled. He subsequently got the D.C. job at Texas. With a team loaded with 5 star studs his defenses couldn't stop running water. But he always get fired upwards because his IQ sets the interview room on fire. He would up DC at Miami, his dream school. His defenses are very mediocre , due to tons of injuries and suspensions. Richt wanted to fire him. But he gets the HBC job at Temple. On the way to Temple, his hot wife calls to tell him Mark Richt is out at Miami. Once again his high IQ lands the HBC job at Miami without so much as saying hello to the players at Temple. He is an enigma. Never seen a bright young coach rewarded so much for so little.
I'll concede he was bad at UT, but he has had success at Miss St twice, NCST and Middle Tennessee.
Without any documentation stating otherwise I find it hard to believe Richt wanted to fire him, since it was the defense keeping UM afloat while Richt's offense was anemic at best.

Reactions: king ward
I'll concede he was bad at UT, but he has had success at Miss St twice, NCST and Middle Tennessee.
Without any documentation stating otherwise I find it hard to believe Richt wanted to fire him, since it was the defense keeping UM afloat while Richt's offense was anemic at best.

It wasn't performance. Richt couldn't stand him. A Miami booster told me Richt despised him for the same reason he hated Jeremy Pruitt. A bright guy capable of being a total ass is difficult to manage. Sure he did a credible job at Miami despite some awful luck with injuries and suspensions. The schedule at Miami helped Richt more than anything.

True his defenses at the U have been top 10 in most categories.

I understand so much more after reading this thread. It makes sense why some of the things said on here make me scratch my head. The people often disagreeing and riding unicorns on top of rainbows don't even know the college landscape.

I bet it’ll be close, but I think the Gators win an ugly one. The U has had some decent classes recently, but UF probably more talented top to bottom. Couple that with new coach and I think it’ll be too much.

I am, however, in the camp that Florida is overrated. Don’t think Franks is going to light up the scoreboard for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT