ADVERTISEMENT

Flying During COVID

haneynfl

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
Saint Cloud, FL
Flying today for the first time since the pandemic. Me and my wife will be masking up and confirming to social distancing as much as possible. We will see how it goes.

Wonder if the Varsity will be open during our layover in ATL? LOL

Flying today for the first time since the pandemic. Me and my wife will be masking up and confirming to social distancing as much as possible. We will see how it goes.

I know a medical doctor who got covid while flying. It entered his body through his eyes. Keep your eyes shut.

Let us know how it goes, including the terminal, TSA and the flight of course. At least you have a good reason to argue against seat reclining since that invades your social distancing. You don't do it either!!

One of you people, there is nothing wrong with reclining a seat on an airplane. People act like it makes that much of a difference. I never have understood that.

Let us know how it goes, including the terminal, TSA and the flight of course. At least you have a good reason to argue against seat reclining since that invades your social distancing. You don't do it either!!
I flew Delta from SFO to ATL last week. No food or alcohol sales on any flights. No middle seats are occupied to create extra space. Masks required everywhere in the airport and during the entire flight. If my temperature was checked anywhere I missed it. I was sort of expecting that to happen at the security checkpoint, but as far as I could tell no one was checking temperatures. For the time being there are less flights available and fewer seats occupied during the flights. I noticed the flight path was different than normal, about 150 miles shorter and 40 minutes shorter travel time. Might be because there are less planes in the air.

I flew Delta from SFO to ATL last week. No food or alcohol sales on any flights. No middle seats are occupied to create extra space. Masks required everywhere in the airport and during the entire flight. If my temperature was checked anywhere I missed it. I was sort of expecting that to happen at the security checkpoint, but as far as I could tell no one was checking temperatures. For the time being there are less flights available and fewer seats occupied during the flights. I noticed the flight path was different than normal, about 150 miles shorter and 40 minutes shorter travel time. Might be because there are less planes in the air.
Thanks for the update! Glad there were no Mask wars onboard.

One of you people, there is nothing wrong with reclining a seat on an airplane. People act like it makes that much of a difference. I never have understood that.
Rude. It's rude. It's just decency, like wearing a mask during an epidemic. Society, especially when it's frail, depends on civility. Practice it!

Rude. It's rude. It's just decency, like wearing a mask during an epidemic. Society, especially when it's frail, depends on civility. Practice it!
That’s up for debate on if it’s rude or not. A quick internet search will show you it’s a huge debate. I paid for the ticket and the seat reclines I should be afforded the right for that comfort if I choose to do so.

I should not be shamed into not reclining just like I shouldn’t be shamed into wearing a mask if there is not a mask mandate.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Years ago, to improve fuel economy, the airplane manufacturers drastically increased the recycling of air inside the cabin. I did not like it then, now it is obvious that it was a big mistake.

Good info. Thanks. My travel is about to pick up.

Thanks for the update! Glad there were no Mask wars onboard.
I forgot to mention the planes are sanitized using a portable fogging sanitation system between flights. There's a company based in Marietta, GA called SaniCart that provides these systems, so the odds are good that it's what Delta is using.

I fly exit rows, more leg room and the person in front of you can't recline. I love watching them try to recline those seats!

Thanks for the update, I retired in January so I haven't seen the inside of an airplane or hotel this year!!! Hopefully they are serving on planes by September as I have four vouchers I need to use.

Varsity shut down last week for a positive COVID test of an employee. Not sure when it reopens?

I forgot to mention the planes are sanitized using a portable fogging sanitation system between flights. There's a company based in Marietta, GA called SaniCart that provides these systems, so the odds are good that it's what Delta is using.
I have been trying to buy stock in companies like SaniCart for a while, but they all seem to be private.

Chances are you’d get sicker from eating at the Varsity than on a flight...that place is gross. I know it’s iconic in Atlanta, but most Atlantans go nowhere near it...myself included.

Reactions: bayrooster
Flight yesterday was good. I’ve never seen Orlando or Atlanta airports so empty. Very easy to social distant and most everyone I saw was masked unless they were eating. Now, some weren’t wearing mask properly by not covering their nose.

Delta was really good. Gate area was clean with social distance seating. Loading was easy back to front - don’t know why airlines ever got away from that. I could load anytime but I just waited. All middle seats were unoccupied. The rest of the flights didn’t seem that crowded either. Planes were very clean. Received a wipe packet upon entering to sanitize your hands and your seat area if you wished. Snack pack in a baggie - included another hand sanitizer packet. Both flights departed on time and arrived early. Pretty good experience.

Flight yesterday was good. I’ve never seen Orlando or Atlanta airports so empty. Very easy to social distant and most everyone I saw was masked unless they were eating. Now, some weren’t wearing mask properly by not covering their nose.

Delta was really good. Gate area was clean with social distance seating. Loading was easy back to front - don’t know why airlines ever got away from that. I could load anytime but I just waited. All middle seats were unoccupied. The rest of the flights didn’t seem that crowded either. Planes were very clean. Received a wipe packet upon entering to sanitize your hands and your seat area if you wished. Snack pack in a baggie - included another hand sanitizer packet. Both flights departed on time and arrived early. Pretty good experience.
Thanks for the update. Maybe now is the time to be flying.

I know a medical doctor who got covid while flying. It entered his body through his eyes. Keep your eyes shut.

Are you talking about the 'Today' show doctor that turned out to not have had Covid after all?

As for flying, I flew week before last and its easy to distance and not that big of a deal. I took plenty of hand sanitizer and used it frequently. You're required to have a mask on while boarding and disembarking and any time on the airplane that you are not eating and drinking.

The plan you're flying in is probably the cleanest and most disinfectant ride you'll ever be in... They use ultraviolet light for cleaning...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT