ADVERTISEMENT

Football Operations Center

They sent an email about it earlier, there's a link you can click to see a 360 degree proposed version of the final plan. Looks good so far from what I can see.

to help recruiting they should have gave that money to a "bag man" and then we could light up the last few days of recruiting like ole miss did a few years ago

Reactions: SCGCock07
My biggest gripe is this should have been done years ago but I'm happy we are finally seeing that nice facilities are a must. I just hope we don't wait so long to upgrade them next time.

this.... and what ever we are building needs to be better than anything that clemson, tennessee, uga have already. if not we are still dragging our feet and will never catch up

this.... and what ever we are building needs to be better than anything that clemson, tennessee, uga have already. if not we are still dragging our feet and will never catch up
This isn't saying that Clemsons will be better, but they sunk $55 million into there football complex. We are planning to build one for $30 million.

Always two steps behind all the powers in the country when it comes to this stuff. This is great; but we need to WIN and WIN consistently to get the big time recruits we covet.

Reactions: RaginRooster
We have $55 million to burn, and Mr. McNair just cut a check for 5. It's like the scoreboard, we were behind quite a few schools, but it was top of the line, then of course, schools after that bettered it somewhat. But, you do better than the best when you are following someone, not worse, not cheaping out. That you can prevent, you can't always help what happens after

I hope they add the ancillary touches like Clemson did, we don't need a bowling alley or a nap room but the fire pits and the putt putt course are all nice. I have a feeling bad thing could be influenced in some of the new facilities going up accross the country.

Me when I read this....
giphy.gif

I would've said something about it, but idk even know what to say. I'll wing it....it would be awesome if Robert said, I've got $5mm smackers with your name on it, if you get your head out of your $&@.....but anyway. I'm no expert on commercial entertainment projects, but I bet $5 mil could add a lot of fun things, maybe all. At a minimum it should have the bowling and golf, plus things they didn't even think of, that we keep a double secret until it's finished. Honestly, does anyone see how that FOC in Tatertown won't steal recruits, especially when comparing it to here? Yeah, it's a nice building at Carolina, but it's really just a glorified practice facility. Old folks probably don't care, but 18 yo recruits will for sure. We are screwed, and I never thought it would be because of our own AD

' . . . maybe not to the extent you have heard at other places . . .' - Ray Tanner re: USC's new FOC

WTH was he thinking??? Obviously, he was trying to one-up SOS's '2-3 more years' idiocy regarding the length of his continued employment at USC! You saw what THAT got us!

Someone needs to pull Tanner aside and jerk a knot in his ass! Does ANYONE at USC have an ounce of brain in business matters, specifically, college football/recruiting? New Business School and new Law School, but where are the people who know how to COMPETE in the real world?

Part of me wants to commend Tanner for not giving in to this over-the-top arms race. When you take a step back, it is ridiculous what is being done at some schools.

However, if Gamecocks want to compete, we need to keep up with the Joneses. A statement like this can be used by our rivals to work against everything Muschamp is trying to do in recruiting.

Part of me wants to commend Tanner for not giving in to this over-the-top arms race. When you take a step back, it is ridiculous what is being done at some schools.

However, if Gamecocks want to compete, we need to keep up with the Joneses. A statement like this can be used by our rivals to work against everything Muschamp is trying to do in recruiting.
I don't believe we grasp the concept of "tooting our horn".

He is a great college baseball coach trying to be the CEO of a big company there has got to be a small learning curve

Small? . . . and just how wide? How long has Tanner been 'learning on the job'? In the 'real world' by now a top Chairman of the Board would say to him, 'Enough is enough!'

Some fans aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. I think you are reading too much into a 140 character tweet. Many on this board piss and moan about rising ticket prices and seat licenses.... this is why they do these things! If I was reading between the lines of the Tweet, I thought it meant, "we're not doing something stupid like building a lazer tag facility in our ops center, but stuff that relates to football." From what I've seen, this will be big for recruits when you put it next to the Indoor Facility, along with all the other recent stuff (Dodie etc).

Saw a couple of good artiles on the USC's web site from former players this week... Gilmore and Swearinger about playing at SC. Good message to target in-state guys I thought.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I swear nothing changes over time. We always seem behind the curve and do the things that need to be done half way. Either we want to win big or we want to be on par with Miss st or Kentucky or worse.

Looks like a nice facility over all.

I didn't see the put-put course, bowling alley, nap rooms, or slide like Clemson's has though. No waterfall like Bama either. Guess that's what Tanner's talking about.

Looks like a nice facility over all.

I didn't see the put-put course, bowling alley, nap rooms, or slide like Clemson's has though. No waterfall like Bama either. Guess that's what Tanner's talking about.

The 'Slide' and the Putt-Putt course are relatively cheap add-ons - kinda silly in the case of 'The Slide' imo. We don't need a 'Nap Room". We have had enough 'napping' at OT, DB, LB, etc', over the past 3 years to last us through a dozen Rip Van Winkles's!

The bowling alley is a two-lane set-up that can be 'hidden' in a 55 million dollar price tag. The waterfall would be a nice addition to the Atrium or the rock swimming pool.

The 'Slide' and the Putt-Putt course are relatively cheap add-ons - kinda silly in the case of 'The Slide' imo. We don't need a 'Nap Room". We have had enough 'napping' at OT, DB, LB, etc', over the past 3 years to last us through a dozen Rip Van Winkles's!

The bowling alley is a two-lane set-up that can be 'hidden' in a 55 million dollar price tag. The waterfall would be a nice addition to the Atrium or the rock swimming pool.

Be careful about mentioning anything golf-related. The Ole Ball Coach just might jump back out of retirement to coach six games or so when this complex opens.

Why would you even say something like that? Does he not know how to sell and talk up stuff?
Wow. If you know it's not up to snuff, make it up to snuff....if you're not willing to do that, sure as hell don't admit it publicly.

This is like Toyota doing a TV ad showing that they've added a lot of new features...but then stating that they aren't as good as Honda's new features. Lunacy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT