ADVERTISEMENT

Football Operations Center

Did they end up with a laser tag too? I had a recruits father from 2 years ago tell me they were doing that, but did not know they did it.

As for the two buildings, I think they both cost about the same amount of money. I think their's is 55 million and our's 50 million, but theirs is 30-40,000 sq feet bigger. The price per square foot is like $385 to our $450-500.Not sure if we are at 100k or 110k, (I have seen both numbers) So either ours will be build better and nicer or Clemson negotiated a much better deal. What is miss is the imagination that Clemson has put into it. That is really surprising considering their plans have been known for so long

I wonder if Clemson is including in their sq feet the fire pit and cookout area, or only heated sq feet.

Tanner is failing miserably as an AD. He is completely lost and has no idea what he is doing. Boom hire is still questionable and his facilities planning is sad.

Had an UGA fan brag how they outspent us on the IPF. They supposedly spent $30÷ million to our $15 million. So I told him, I couldn't help it if they are stupid. It is just an indoor practice facility. Think about it.

Like what?
Well about a week after the game he made the comment that the rivalry was "cyclical" and just brushed off that it was a bad defeat. Turns out Clemson has beaten us by 40 or more 4 times and we have never beat them by that much ever, maybe once I'd have to go back through the history. It was just a bad thing to say. This latest comment was worse, much worse. He's been AD long enough, this wasn't his first year on the job, you don't say stuff like that around Josh Kendall of all people.

My guy tells me he's hiding a big surprise that no one will know about until it opens. Maybe a roller coaster or baseball field.....it's going to have some bells and whistles that the one in tatertown doesn't have. Can't imagine RT would say something like that without a trick up his sleeve.
His job isn't to trick the taters it's to out do them and promote the school. This was stupid by him anyway you try to spin it.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Will 1st rate be better than the top 3 or so in our conference? If not we are just doing what the joneses have already done for years

If SC hadn't been so far behind in almost all facilities and NEEDS (like the millions justly spent for improvements around WB), then perhaps FB would have been able to build an operations facility over the top, but building a 1st rate ops facility is still to be applauded even if it isn't the best in the conference. UT almost broke the bank on their FB operations center a few years back, but they never had to replace almost all other athletic facilities the past ten years either. Same for Tater U. Same for Bama who is playing with a bigger wallet as well. SC has been doing a helluva job upgrading across the board and some facilities, like baseball, track, softball, tennis ARE top of the line. Others liked indoor practice facility, practice fields and likely this new FB ops bldg are all first rate.

Reactions: RaginRooster
People might scoff at Beltline and Bluff, but that stop is shaping up to be the nicest shopping center in Cola Town (yes, there is a Starbux), and I always thought it funny that one of the most expensive private schools in the area is basically right there. That particular BK has about 6 months to figure it out

People might scoff at Beltline and Bluff, but that stop is shaping up to be the nicest shopping center in Cola Town (yes, there is a Starbux), and I always thought it funny that one of the most expensive private schools in the area is basically right there. That particular BK has about 6 months to figure it out

Hey! Nail meet head! That 'expensive private school' enrolls the princes and princesses of the Midlands of South Carolina . . . money, power, land, connections . . . name . . . they're right there . . . just below W-B . . . and the dumb-ass Taters think that's the 'trashy end' of town - they are clueless.

My guy tells me he's hiding a big surprise that no one will know about until it opens. Maybe a roller coaster or baseball field.....it's going to have some bells and whistles that the one in tatertown doesn't have. Can't imagine RT would say something like that without a trick up his sleeve.
Your guy??? Source?????

Your guy??? Source?????
I actually responded to this the other day when someone asked me if I meant "gut" or "guy". It was definitely "gut", as I don't have a "guy" who would know this....just my gut!
If not, I'll be disappointed. Actually I was disappointed RT even made a comment like this (even if he does have a surprise).

I actually responded to this the other day when someone asked me if I meant "gut" or "guy". It was definitely "gut", as I don't have a "guy" who would know this....just my gut!
If not, I'll be disappointed. Actually I was disappointed RT even made a comment like this (even if he does have a surprise).
I'm hoping Ray and company are hearing the fans feedback and concerns. Maybe there is still time that alot of tweaking can be done to add more of a "wow" effect.

Reactions: SCsandlapper
Hey! Nail meet head! That 'expensive private school' enrolls the princes and princesses of the Midlands of South Carolina . . . money, power, land, connections . . . name . . . they're right there . . . just below W-B . . . and the dumb-ass Taters think that's the 'trashy end' of town - they are clueless.

My kid, while neither a prince nor princess, goes there. Sincerely, tater.

Did they end up with a laser tag too? I had a recruits father from 2 years ago tell me they were doing that, but did not know they did it.

As for the two buildings, I think they both cost about the same amount of money. I think their's is 55 million and our's 50 million, but theirs is 30-40,000 sq feet bigger. The price per square foot is like $385 to our $450-500.Not sure if we are at 100k or 110k, (I have seen both numbers) So either ours will be build better and nicer or Clemson negotiated a much better deal. What is miss is the imagination that Clemson has put into it. That is really surprising considering their plans have been known for so long
The contractors the the taters use are also the top new springs donors. There is no way to know the true dollar amount.

Reactions: cockydexter
It does a "bidding" process.... the contractor wins with the lowest bid. On paper the university saves money. Newspring funnels the rest of the contract to them.
Don't think that's the way it's supposed to work. I've helped submit a few contracts for clients under the state process and that doesn't sound above-board based on my understanding of the process.

I'm a WM fan, but I sorta see now why we ended up with our 3rd/4th choice.

The contractors the the taters use are also the top new springs donors. There is no way to know the true dollar amount.
Man, you have no idea what you're talking about. I personally know one of the contractors who did work at the New Spring project on the Columbia campus and he is a Gamecock. You need to stop the attacks on New Spring. New Spring is NOT a cult, and does not PAY Clemson players. You need to stop spreading these lies.

Tanner is lost. How long will USC and the fans tolerate it.
How did those words make it past his brain and output at his mouth? Even I know you don't say things like that.
I'm a WM fan, but I sorta see now why we ended up with our 3rd/4th choice.
Pretty Boy had no intention of coming here. WM will make us forget the the last coupla years.

That FBC game still kinda irks me. I don't like it when the refs' actions determine the outcome. Of course, if USC was on the receiving end I would be all for it.:)

Reactions: rogue cock
First of all, we need a much better presentation of our football trophies. The way they are currently displayed in one single wall case is simply bland, boring, and deplorable. Since we have such a small number of trophies (compared to Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson), we must do everything imaginable to showcase each trophy to the max. To accomplish this, each trophy must have its own presentation glass case containing the related game photos and the game ball itself. As for George Rogers' Heisman Trophy, this absolutely must have its own presentation case display for all the obvious reasons. The same must be done for our 1969 ACC Championship trophy as well. By showcasing all our trophies in the grandest manner, this will have major repercussions on the minds of all high school players during their unofficial and official visits. In order to elevate our program, we must optimize our Advertising & Marketing strategies!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT