ADVERTISEMENT

Football Season Tainted

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
I think we all knew this but it officially is. Ohio State May not get to 5 wins to qualify for the B1G Championship. Michigan could literally screw them over by not playing. How do you put a team in the Playoff with so few wins?

It’s not just College Football....today the Denver Broncos are going to start a WR at the QB position because all of their QBs are ineligible. Every one of them.

The 49ers just found out they won’t be able to play at least their next two home games in Santa Clara. This will impact a few college teams as well, mainly Stanford.

At this point, I truly believe just finishing the regular season and shutting down should be considered by the College Game. No Heisman should be awarded. I think most bowl games will be cancelled. I’d imagine many teams will reject bowl bids due to virus and finances.

And by the way, the fact that BYU has dominated everyone they’ve played, played a full schedule, and aren’t sniffing the Top 4is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Lots of bad takes in this. BYU has not played a schedule worthy of even sniffing the top 10, much less that Top 4. Cincy would have a better argument.

The CFP will he played because the money is too important, especially after the NCAA lost the basketball tournament revenue already.

Teams may turn down a bowl because of the virus, but not because of finances. Bowls make conferences money so that would help their finances.

And finally, if OSU doesn’t make it that’s too bad but that’s what happens when the B1G left them little room for error. Why penalize Bama et al because the B1G couldn’t make up their mind. Plus, only two conferences have produced a champion in the last 5 years, and both of those conferences will be represented in the playoff.

We all knew that 2020 was going to be a long exhibition season. Someone is going to claim a NC, and if it was us we would as well, but the rest of the CFB world won't give it much credence.

We all knew that 2020 was going to be a long exhibition season. Someone is going to claim a NC, and if it was us we would as well, but the rest of the CFB world won't give it much credence.
Bama claims 17. The questionable ones are displayed as prominently as the “no doubt” ones. After a certain point, no one will care. It will be another championship and the banner in the stadium will look the same as all the rest. No asterisk, just 2020 in giant numbers.

Can’t hold college football hostage because the Big Ten made it a political issue to start the season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT