ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Delusional folk....

FWB4294

Oct 21, 2012
For the very small percentage of people who argue that coaching and not talent was our biggest problem this year ........ guess how many players we had drafted this year ?? I'll give you a hint .. it's equal to the number of Unicorns alive in the wild .

Those 2013,2014, and 2015 recruiting classes are some of the worst I've ever seen for any team. On paper they were great(lots of 4 stars). Half of them transferred because they could play in the SEC. Incredibly low hit rate on those classes for sure. I believe our hit rate will be much higher with Muschamp considering he has to see nearly every recruit in person at camp before they get an offer (I believe 23 of 25 commits last class were in camp).

And the prize to the only SEC school to have nobody drafted so far goes to .......

Coastal had a player drafted , maybe we are backing the wrong horse !!!

Help us Elliott Fry Kenobi , you're our only hope

Those 2013,2014, and 2015 recruiting classes are some of the worst I've ever seen for any team. On paper they were great(lots of 4 stars). Half of them transferred because they could play in the SEC. Incredibly low hit rate on those classes for sure. I believe our hit rate will be much higher with Muschamp considering he has to see nearly every recruit in person at camp before they get an offer (I believe 23 of 25 commits last class were in camp).

How many Florida players drafted?

Seven. David Sharp (Oakland, 4th round, 129th overall) and Caleb Brantley (6th round, Cleveland, 185th overall) join Jarrad Davis (first round, 21st overall, Detroit), Marcus Maye (second round, 39th overall, New York Jets), Quincy Wilson (second round, 46th overall, Indianapolis), Teez Tabor (second round, 53rd overall, Detroit) and Alex Anzalone (third round, 76th overall.

Then we should judge Muschamp on past performance and I know it's no guarantee of future results, but it's a start from 2015...

Also means he has a 6 year rebuilding job ahead of him...

For the very small percentage of people who argue that coaching and not talent was our biggest problem this year ........ guess how many players we had drafted this year ?? I'll give you a hint .. it's equal to the number of Unicorns alive in the wild .
Guess which SEC team started the most FRESHMEN last year? Last I checked freshmen were not eligible for the NFL draft... Just saying..

2017 NFL Draft picks

Here's the final breakdown of conferences, highlighted by the SEC setting a new record with 21 players drafted in the first two rounds. The SEC has now led the NFL Draft count among conferences for 10 straight years.

SEC: 53
ACC: 43
Pac-12: 36
Big 10: 35
AAC: 15
Big 12: 14
MAC: 13
Conference USA: 9
Mountain West: 8
Sun Belt: 5

And now the 2017 NFL Draft by college, leading with Michigan's record haul, which was one better than Alabama. All teams with multiple draft picks listed.

Michigan: 11
Alabama: 10
Miami: 9
LSU: 8
Florida: 8
Utah: 8
Ohio State: 7
Tennessee: 6
North Carolina: 6
Clemson: 6

Five each:Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Washington
Four each:Auburn, Colorado, Florida State, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech
Three each:Arkansas, California, Houston, Louisiana Tech, NC State, San Diego State, South Florida, Temple, Toledo, Western Michigan, Wisconsin
Two each:Boise State, Boston College, Eastern Washington, Kansas State, Louisville, Michigan State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Villanova, West Georgia, West Virginia, Western Kentucky, Wyoming, Youngstown State
One each: Alabama State, Albany State, Arizona State, Ashland, Baylor, Bucknell, Buffalo, BYU, Central Florida, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, Connecticut, Drake, East Carolina, East Central Oklahoma, Eastern Michigan, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Grambling State, Illinois, Indiana, Kutztown, Lamar, Louisiana-Lafayette, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina A&T, NIU, Penn State, Purdue, San Diego, South Alabama, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Troy, Tulane, Utah State, UTEP, Wake Forest, Washington State

So, you're one of those that blames the players and not the coaches.

Overall, the players recruited in the 2012, 2013, and 2014 classes were horrendous. We had so many busts that inevitably led the program into the abyss. On paper, they looked like world beaters but none of them materialized on the field. Still appalled at the staggering number of busts along with the questionable talent evaluation & development that were in place? Highly difficult for any program to be a contender when it suffers 3 straight recruiting class bombs!!!

Reactions: rogue cock
Don't forget what was lost from 10-11-12

Said it at the end of 13, that we would struggle in 14 and everyone laughed. The loss of a few key assistants killed the program. Be patient it will take a few more seasons. I would be shocked if we are ever a top ten team again in my lifetime. It's just how it is here.

Reactions: rogue cock
Said it at the end of 13, that we would struggle in 14 and everyone laughed. The loss of a few key assistants killed the program. Be patient it will take a few more seasons. I would be shocked if we are ever a top ten team again in my lifetime. It's just how it is here.
Yep, replaced several coaches who were considered some of the best in their fields with some who should at best be HS coaches...in fact one was...and he may have been the best of the bunch.

Reactions: funktavious
2017 NFL Draft picks

Here's the final breakdown of conferences, highlighted by the SEC setting a new record with 21 players drafted in the first two rounds. The SEC has now led the NFL Draft count among conferences for 10 straight years.

And now the 2017 NFL Draft by college, leading with Michigan's record haul, which was one better than Alabama. All teams with multiple draft picks listed.

Four each:Auburn, Colorado, Florida State, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech
Three each:Arkansas, California, Houston, Louisiana Tech, NC State, San Diego State, South Florida, Temple, Toledo, Western Michigan, Wisconsin
Two each:Boise State, Boston College, Eastern Washington, Kansas State, Louisville, Michigan State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Villanova, West Georgia, West Virginia, Western Kentucky, Wyoming, Youngstown State
One each: Alabama State, Albany State, Arizona State, Ashland, Baylor, Bucknell, Buffalo, BYU, Central Florida, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, Connecticut, Drake, East Carolina, East Central Oklahoma, Eastern Michigan, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Grambling State, Illinois, Indiana, Kutztown, Lamar, Louisiana-Lafayette, Memphis, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina A&T, NIU, Penn State, Purdue, San Diego, South Alabama, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, Troy, Tulane, Utah State, UTEP, Wake Forest, Washington State
It's amazing that Miami churns out talent to the NFL but have nothing to show for it with results in college. That could all change under Mark Richt but they have to be one of the most underachieving teams ever to lace up the cleats.

Looking at the ESPN 300 players that Miami signed in 2017 and those verbally committed for 2018, you can sense that there is a major "Hurricane" brewing in Coral Gables, FL. It won't be long until the Miami of old will reappear on the national scene as a major contender once again. Both Clemson and Florida State better be ready for the downpour!

Reactions: Tigerof66
Yep, replaced several coaches who were considered some of the best in their fields with some who should at best be HS coaches...in fact one was...and he may have been the best of the bunch.
One - Botkin - was at a high school when we hired him. Thanks, whammy.

Looking at the ESPN 300 players that Miami signed in 2017 and those verbally committed for 2018, you can sense that there is a major "Hurricane" brewing in Coral Gables, FL. It won't be long until the Miami of old will reappear on the national scene as a major contender once again. Both Clemson and Florida State better be ready for the downpour!
Mark Richt is doing what every Miami coach should do and that is recruit at an incredibly high level.

2017 NFL Draft picks

What's surprising to me is that Georgia only has one on that list with all of the 4 and 5 star recruits they usually get every year.

Take the good and the bad with Spurrier. He did good things, but you knew it couldn't end well. Never does with a legend on his last leg.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
I understood from some of you borderline retards/Tater apologists claimed that the talent level in the SEC was down. How is that possible?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT