ADVERTISEMENT

For anyone at the baseball game in G’ville

jd/mibscock

Feb 15, 2000
Curious to hear your take on the crowd percentage for this “neutral” venue. Percent of orange v garnet/black.

Doesn’t surprise me. Tater baseball program is hot lately. And 1/2 the USC games have not even been broadcast in the Upstate.

Unless you’re a die hard and search out the games online , you hear very little about how the teams doing , etc.

Our fans and administration should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this "neutral" site game to continue in Greenville unabated. Do you think for a minute Clemson would allow their teams to play us in a neutral site game 40 miles away from downtown Columbia? Of course not. But we do what we always do and give in to those upstate fricks. And they take delight in it.

I was there and it was 99% clemaon 1% USC. The umps were wearing orange. And as crazy as this may seem Clemson fans were louder because they were winning.

Reactions: Out of Conference
I’d say 65-35 taters. But let’s be honest, when you’ve spent the better part of the last 5 years getting your butt kicked head to head in all sports except women’s basketball some people stay away. Just like taters stayed away the 5 years before that.

It’s not just Greenville. There was a lot of orange in Columbia last night including right behind home plate.

Reactions: Out of Conference
Curious to hear your take on the crowd percentage for this “neutral” venue. Percent of orange v garnet/black.
Probably 60/40 in favor of Clemson.

It makes no sense. Most of USC’s baseball season ticket holders are in the Columbia area. Most of Clemson’s are in Greenville.

It is not a neutral site, and it never will be.

Some just want an excuse why they're beating our ass the last 4 years. And its not 75-25 i was there and it was 50-50.
I can tell you exactly why they beat our ass in everything. It's not an excuse either, it's a fact. They simply do the things they need to do to win. JackLegg wasn't getting it done so they ran him off, didn't matter how long he'd been there. Then they go and get a guy who very well could be the next Ray Tanner in the making.

Reactions: 84cubs
I can tell you exactly why they beat our ass in everything. It's not an excuse either, it's a fact. They simply do the things they need to do to win. JackLegg wasn't getting it done so they ran him off, didn't matter how long he'd been there. Then they go and get a guy who very well could be the next Ray Tanner in the making.

And we had an underperforming coach and now he is gone too. Does that mean we are willing to do the things needed to win as well?

And we had an underperforming coach and now he is gone too. Does that mean we are willing to do the things needed to win as well?
We held on to Holbrook too long. Monte should be here instead of up there. With that said, Kingston is doing ok but I hope he now understand this isn't USF.

We held on to Holbrook too long. Monte should be here instead of up there. With that said, Kingston is doing ok but I hope he now understand this isn't USF.
Clem fans believe they held onto Jackleg several years too long. So again, how do they want it more than we do?

If we win tomorrow, would we then want to win more than they do?

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Clem fans believe they held onto Jackleg several years too long. So again, how do they want it more than we do?

If we win tomorrow, would we then want to win more than they do?
It's not just in baseball, it's in everything. It's the little things like chanting "little brother" in men's basketball after we'd just come off of a final 4 run, it's getting dominated in football, it's just a different culture. When's the last time their PR department congratulated us on Twitter? It's the little things.

It's not just in baseball, it's in everything. It's the little things like chanting "little brother" in men's basketball after we'd just come off of a final 4 run, it's getting dominated in football, it's just a different culture. When's the last time their PR department congratulated us on Twitter? It's the little things.
I want Clemson to fail in everything. I despise them. I'd sell that entire corner of SC to NC if they'd buy it. I hate the holier than thou bs straight out of the Newspring Cult, their redneck sidewalk fans who couldn't find Clemson on a map and their butt fingering athletes who think you're not a man unless you've been sexually assaulted.

The overwhelming majority of their fans feel this way about us. Their administration feels this way about us. Our administration would sooner apologize to Clemson than beat their arse in sports. Forget being nice, forget being civil, we should treat those critters like the inbred stepchildren they are.

Project+Jackson+Video+Still+Image.jpg
North Augusta’s brand new stadium just screams out “USC vs Clemsin”
Greenville’s had it long enough! Go to a Charleston, NA, Greenville rotation.
It’s a shame the first college game there will be .... Clemsin vs UGA.

Last edited:
Reactions: LakeMurrayUSCFan
North Augusta’s brand new stadium just screams out “USC vs Clemsin”
Greenville’s had it long enough! Go to a Charleston, NA, Greenville rotation.
It’s a shame the first college game there will be .... Clemsin vs UGA.
We swept Coastal at Pelicans Stadium in Myrtle Beach in 2010 and it was 50% Gamecocks there. If we played Clemson there it would be 70-30 Gamecocks. But we don't even get baseball or basketball games on the radio down here, even though the IMG website says we're supposed to, so I guess it's way too much to ask for the neutral game to be played where non-Upstate Gamecock fans can go.

robertfootballWell-Known Member

Some just want an excuse why they're beating our ass the last 4 years. And its not 75-25 i was there and it was 50-50.

This is NOT accurate. If that were true, Carolina wouldn’t have won the Palmetto Series for both years. Football...Yea (thanks Coach Spurrier)! Men’s Basketball (They wouldn’t have won last year, if Thornwell plays). They have beaten us in Baseball (thanks Holbroke) the last two or three years. They don’t care more than us. I think the money difference will show up soon enough. Don’t give me the IPTAY BS either. Wonder why they don’t want to tell us, how much they get from their Boosters?

I’d say 65-35 taters. But let’s be honest, when you’ve spent the better part of the last 5 years getting your butt kicked head to head in all sports except women’s basketball some people stay away. Just like taters stayed away the 5 years before that.

It’s not just Greenville. There was a lot of orange in Columbia last night including right behind home plate.

Dang...I know, with age, my eyesight has gotten worse, but was thinking to myself how it didn't seem like as much orange at Founder's Park, as there has been in past years.

robertfootballWell-Known Member

This is NOT accurate. If that were true, Carolina wouldn’t have won the Palmetto Series for both years. Football...Yea (thanks Coach Spurrier)! Men’s Basketball (They wouldn’t have won last year, if Thornwell plays). They have beaten us in Baseball (thanks Holbroke) the last two or three years. They don’t care more than us. I think the money difference will show up soon enough. Don’t give me the IPTAY BS either. Wonder why they don’t want to tell us, how much they get from their Boosters?

^^^
What I would have said^^^

no there was not. i was there very few orange

Reactions: raycock2001
Our fans and administration should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this "neutral" site game to continue in Greenville unabated. Do you think for a minute Clemson would allow their teams to play us in a neutral site game 40 miles away from downtown Columbia? Of course not. But we do what we always do and give in to those upstate fricks. And they take delight in it.

Guys , it’s a 30 minute difference in drive time . This is a crazy complaint. I do think they should just go to a 4-game series , with a double header on Sunday , rotating the school that hosts the double header each year. Eliminate the neutral site game all together.

why don't they just do a three game series alternating years
crazy for our guys to be away from home

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
All this ramoring. We will beat them at Dougy. And we will beat them soundly. I am not sure which team I am least impressed with so far. Today should have been 15-1 Tigers and somehow we were in it til the end. We brought nothing. I'm exceptionally optimistic.

We can throw it straight down the middle to their lead-off hitter tomorrow. If he hits a home run, so be it. Just stop walking him!

Had a talk with a gamecock friend today and he had an interesting idea - 5 clemson/carolina baseball games each year - each get a home midweek game in first few weeks of season, then a 3 game neutral series Easter weekend - Greenville, N. Augusta, Charleston, Myrtle rotation

Most of the tweets I saw during the game said 70-30 or 75-25.

Since you were there, post some pics if you've got them.

Had a talk with a gamecock friend today and he had an interesting idea - 5 clemson/carolina baseball games each year - each get a home midweek game in first few weeks of season, then a 3 game neutral series Easter weekend - Greenville, N. Augusta, Charleston, Myrtle rotation
For this to happen,SEC would have to allow us to start conference play one weekend earlier, and then both leagues would have to agree to give the schools Easter weekend "off".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT