ADVERTISEMENT

For anyone on the fence about a Gamecock Scoop Membership

Stephen Anderson

Staff Writer
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2022
Caleb put in a future cast for Harbor to South Carolina before any other recruiting reporter did anywhere. We had good info at the time from a source close to Shane Beamer. Now obviously there were a lot of twists and turns in Harbor's recruitment and there was all kind of Oregon smoke over the last 12-15 hrs. This wasn't a case where Harbor was ever a silent to Carolina or anything like that, but we knew at the end of last summer that Harbor favored Carolina and that he was closest with the Gamecocks incoming recruits and had solid intel that he was Carolina's to lose.

Point being, we have solid sources here and just because we are the new guys on the block, doesn't mean we don't have connections or solid intel.

Caleb put in a future cast for Harbor to South Carolina before any other recruiting reporter did anywhere. We had good info at the time from a source close to Shane Beamer. Now obviously there were a lot of twists and turns in Harbor's recruitment and there was all kind of Oregon smoke over the last 12-15 hrs. This wasn't a case where Harbor was ever a silent to Carolina or anything like that, but we knew at the end of last summer that Harbor favored Carolina and that he was closest with the Gamecocks incoming recruits and had solid intel that he was Carolina's to lose.

Point being, we have solid sources here and just because we are the new guys on the block, doesn't mean we don't have connections or solid intel.

No no no. Seriously EVERY DIME of extra money us Gamecock fans have…that we plan to spend on anything other then game day tickets…should go to an NIL collective. If 1,000 fans pay $10 a month for forum access, thats $120,000 a year. That can buy a freakin 4 star transfer.

Its the new era. Forums should be free and be encouraging everyone to give to NIL

No no no. Seriously EVERY DIME of extra money us Gamecock fans have…that we plan to spend on anything other then game day tickets…should go to an NIL collective. If 1,000 fans pay $10 a month for forum access, thats $120,000 a year. That can buy a freakin 4 star transfer.

Its the new era. Forums should be free and be encouraging everyone to give to NIL
Obviously I support you spending your money wherever you want, and NIL is obviously a big part of the modern game, but you’ll quickly see these news organizations that focus entirely on one school go the way of the dinosaur if no one is supporting local media. You’ll still have the ESPNs of the world though. The free forum only exists here because folks subscribe to the premium side.

Again, obviously I’m biased towards being able to support my excellent staff and I do get what you’re saying.

Obviously I support you spending your money wherever you want, and NIL is obviously a big part of the modern game, but you’ll quickly see these news organizations that focus entirely on one school go the way of the dinosaur if no one is supporting local media. You’ll still have the ESPNs of the world though. The free forum only exists here because folks subscribe to the premium side.

Again, obviously I’m biased towards being able to support my excellent staff and I do get what you’re saying.

Caleb - consider going to a Substack-type subscription model (e.g. $6 to $8 per month / no contract) and broaden sectioned topics beyond mediocre Gamecock Sports. Substack accounts are currently killing it.

With the NIL and portal in their current format(s), we're going to be relegated to organ donors for the elites anyway. Interest in college athletes is destined to wane until change is made as people don't really care to watch the best team money can buy.

In contrast, those associated with the University would probably dig a central barbershop to discuss a variety of topics - including Gamecock Sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT