ADVERTISEMENT

For those who played or coached, help me out here....

stevestrat2

Jun 12, 2010
South Carolina
Let's just start with the problems on offense: From what you could tell, was it the line? Or just certain guy(s) on the line? Bentley holding ball too long? Seemed he was running for his life all afternoon. I know I saw Rico totally miss a block on a sack. Seriously, not just an emotional reaction, but what happened where we had a QB running around all day like they were playing "smear the queer with the ball" in the 6th grade.

Allow me to preface this by saying that I am obviously not privy to what exactly our scheme is but:

to me our O-line has no awareness post snap. The third down early in the game where Bentley had to avoid a sack and then Edwards dropped the ball was a really good example of this. The reason Bentley had to scramble was because UNC brought a safety on a blitz and he came through untouched...why did he come through untouched, because the guard whose gap (I am assuming here) he came through had his head buried in the chest of the DT who was being double teamed with the center. He (the guard) never even saw him let alone tried to get a hand on him.

This is an on going issue...there were a number of times the last few years where we had the numbers right to break some big runs but were limited to short gains (if any) because we would had a double team that we either didn't get off of at all or the "wrong" player would come off and end up standing there blocking air while the guy they should have been working the double team to was making the play.

I also question what exactly out progression is on passing plays because to me it seems like a lot of times Jake starts off looking one way, then goes all the way across the field then either goes back to the first side or to the middle of the field. He threw a pick against Clemson last year that was a direct result of this as in going from one side to the other and then back he lost track of the safety (I think) and through it right to him.

It's pretty simple.
A)oline needs serious help.
B) absolutely horrible play calling on offense
C) Jake Bentley is absolutely atrocious, conceited, pampered, mentally incompetent, unathletic, and is only playing here bc his dad

Anyone who has played football knows Jake Bentley should not be playing. He should have been able to save us yesterday. His misses were SO bad I was embarrassed for myself watching the game by myself. Look at the tape and watch how off his incompletions are. He is the main reason we suck. We invested 4 years into this BOY

Also those who blame Rico or the RB’s for missing blocks .... most of those plays were RPO’s where they thought they were getting the ball . The read is 100% on Jake not the RB . It’s not the RB’s assignment. Jake makes the read and delivers the Ball immediately. Problem is Jake can’t run RPO . If the first option is not there you throw it in the stands . The OL thinks it’s a Run , the RB thinks it’s a run . This is on a QB who can’t run RPO or an idiot coaching staff that runs RPO with a QB who can’t make the read . That’s it in a nutshell

Reactions: stevestrat2
Also those who blame Rico or the RB’s for missing blocks .... most of those plays were RPO’s where they thought they were getting the ball . The read is 100% on Jake not the RB . It’s not the RB’s assignment. Jake makes the read and delivers the Ball immediately. Problem is Jake can’t run RPO . If the first option is not there you throw it in the stands . The OL thinks it’s a Run , the RB thinks it’s a run . This is on a QB who can’t run RPO or an idiot coaching staff that runs RPO with a QB who can’t make the read . That’s it in a nutshell

I particularly loved the play actions when we had a bad snap and Bentley had to run up and burn 2 seconds in the pocket just to fake the handoff. Not to mention 85% of the passes we were looking to pass 5 yards or less. Run or pass we weren’t going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT