ADVERTISEMENT

Forde has us as one of the 5 teams that could play spoiler role in road to College Football Playoff

johnnohj

Jul 10, 2017
near ATL
South Carolina (32). Spoiler opportunities: at Florida on Nov. 10; at Clemson on Nov. 24. Can either happen: Not likely, but not impossible. The Gamecocks haven’t been a good road team under Will Muschamp (4-7), and this team has shown a proclivity for self-destruction (last in the SEC in turnover margin, 11th in penalties, not great in the red zone). Florida may already be out of the playoff chase by the time South Carolina comes to Gainesville, but Clemson seems like a strong bet to be 11-0 for that rivalry game.

link

The problem with the Clemson game is we just don't have the coach that can come up with a game plan to pull off the upset. You can't go up there and start going balls to the wall and have a string of 3 and outs because you want to throw Hail Marys all day. It's got to be a well thought out game plan to make the most of every possession count, even if it's just flipping the field and that's it. You go up there Willy Nillie and we will get our ass handed to us for the 3rd time under Muschamp.

The problem with the Clemson game is we just don't have the coach that can come up with a game plan to pull off the upset. You can't go up there and start going balls to the wall and have a string of 3 and outs because you want to throw Hail Marys all day. It's got to be a well thought out game plan to make the most of every possession count, even if it's just flipping the field and that's it. You go up there Willy Nillie and we will get our ass handed to us for the 3rd time under Muschamp.
to bad we don't have you for coach.

Never say never with a rivalry game, but I just dont see it on senior day. Now if Lawrence is out for whatever reason, I wouldnt put any game in the win column.

This is definitely a list we don't want to be on.
Being a spoiler team basically means you suck.
No. It means your record hides how good you might actually be... you're good enough that if a team overlooks you, you can give them fits. See Navy '84. Pitt '16, etc.

-QUOTE="SCexpat38, post: 4142526, member: 17824"]Hahah.

Hell, I'd do it for half your price.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'll lose any game for $19.95 ... Earl Schieb

Reactions: SCexpat38
Clemson is going to curb stomp this team. Bentley is going to look like a deer in the headlights again with that defensive front. It’s going to be worse than last year. The spread has to be +23 or more. I live in Vegas and will be placing my money on the over and taking Clemson to cover comfortably. I would not mind losing that bet but either way I win. At least that’s my philosophy.

Reactions: Pole
They could beat us with the next man up at quarterback. They could even beat us with Derion Kendrick at quarterback, maybe even worse.

Could they beat us with Bentley at QB?

I don't know why that question popped into my head.

South Carolina (32). Spoiler opportunities: at Florida on Nov. 10; at Clemson on Nov. 24. Can either happen: Not likely, but not impossible. The Gamecocks haven’t been a good road team under Will Muschamp (4-7), and this team has shown a proclivity for self-destruction (last in the SEC in turnover margin, 11th in penalties, not great in the red zone). Florida may already be out of the playoff chase by the time South Carolina comes to Gainesville, but Clemson seems like a strong bet to be 11-0 for that rivalry game.

link

They nailed that on the head.

"Spoiler" will be our role in college football going forward. That's irrespective of whoever is the coach. But we will have a lot of company in the CFP era. Can't complain if you supported it.

No. It means your record hides how good you might actually be... you're good enough that if a team overlooks you, you can give them fits. See Navy '84. Pitt '16, etc.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT