ADVERTISEMENT

Forget the resourses relative to the weather. How could any SC resident

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
go to a football game this Saturday knowing that many of their fellow SC residents are going to be in danger and need of help? I mean how could anyone do that except those that feel football is more important that the well being of their state and fellow citizens?

quempsum university and tater fans that's who?

Last edited:
Don't be so high minded. Columbia is in a much more dangerous area than Clemson in regards to danger from hurricanes. College football is big business. Don't kid yourself. USC's cancellation has little to do with empthy. It is a liability issue. They would play the game in a second if they felt they could.

Don't be so high minded. Columbia is in a much more dangerous area than Clemson in regards to danger from hurricanes. College football is big business. Don't kid yourself. USC's cancellation has little to do with empthy. It is a liability issue. They would play the game in a second if they felt they could.

I'm not talking about USC as a institution, I'm talking about individual residents going to a football knowing there are many South Carolinians that are in harms way. I won't go see USC play Saturday if someone gave me a ticket and flew me to the game in a private jet. I could not help but worry about the citizens of SC instead of keeping my mind on the game.

I'm not talking about USC as a institution, I'm talking about individual residents going to a football knowing there are many South Carolinians that are in harms way. I won't go see USC play Saturday if someone gave me a ticket and flew me to the game in a private jet. I could not help but worry about the citizens of SC instead of keeping my mind on the game.

Freddie, 4 the time bein' i'm holdin' onto that card,

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
That argument is fairly relative. I mean how could we go to any football game any Saturday when there are kids hungry in this state from poverty etc...

Its not like I can drive to the coast and help people on Saturday. When it's over sure but the coastal area is shut down until further notice.

Could play the game and let the folks who can or decide to watch it in a tropical storm come. I have a feeling the stadium would not have more than 20-30k.

Or a radical decision like the Orioles did when Baltimore had riots. Close the game to the public and put it on TV. I'm not saying that should be done but it's been done in the MLB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT