ADVERTISEMENT

Forgive me if this has already been posted here, but it looks like "The Bird" has finally arrived...

Gaimcock

Nov 18, 1998
unnamed.jpg

Like I said, I apologize if it's already been posted!

Giant Gamecock statue for Williams-Brice Stadium arrives on campus

I think it looks great. Put it up on a 30 foot pedestal rig outside WB. Awesome.

I think it looks great. Put it up on a 30 foot pedestal rig outside WB. Awesome.

They say its around 19,000 pounds and 20 feet tall. They had to go down 25 feet to help stabilize it from wind uplift.

It would definitely look cool, though. Imagine it 50 feet off the ground at the apex of the bird.

Probably see the sun shining off of it from space. Use it as a sundial or hide under the feathers on sunny days.

Reactions: goreagan
How long before it’s torn down because of some idealistic reason?

It is the culture of tearing things down versus erecting something.

Reactions: be cocky
i tell you what, the folks upstate are having alot fun with this. they shouldn’t have taken photos with the head not attached to the body. i would’ve seen that coming from a mile away and told all workers to hand over the phones at the gates, and use radios for the project. otherwise you don’t get the bid. ridiculous

i tell you what, the folks upstate are having alot fun with this. they shouldn’t have taken photos with the head not attached to the body. i would’ve seen that coming from a mile away and told all workers to hand over the phones at the gates, and use radios for the project. otherwise you don’t get the bid. ridiculous
Totally agree. ANYTIME ANY PHASE/PORTION of such an important part of branding is within the initial phases of being publicly implemented, such is ONLY PROPERLY done so by maintaining it's under the table privacy until THE VERY MOMENT IT'S PUBLICLY INTRODUCED!!!

JMHOFWIW, but that should have never been so openly phased!! I mean they've TOTALLY lost the opportunity to properly introduce it as a NEW and UNKNOWN portion/part of WillyB!!

I think it looks pretty badass! What's not to like about it? I haven't seen it set up yet, but looks kind of cool.

I want to see this thing before the liberal activist on campus get triggered by the giant Cock statue and destroy it.

Last edited:
Truly. They whine worse than kids who don't get their way.
So whatcha tryin' to say BG???? =;-p

Look, my bad! I initiated this thread, didn't mean for it to become a slaughter house so to speak! In all honesty, I sincerely believe this "statue" will be awesome as-soon-as it's up and on display! It's just that they could've/should've been a lil' more surreptitious within their means of placing and presenting it!! IOW's, this thread has become a mere consequence of their method(s).

Having said such, if YOU wish, I'll gladly kill the initial post of this thread!! Up 2 U, ball is now in YOUR court, so YOU tell mois': delete it or let it be???

=;-p

So whatcha tryin' to say BG???? =;-p

Look, my bad! I initiated this thread, didn't mean for it to become a slaughter house so to speak! In all honesty, I sincerely believe this "statue" will be awesome as-soon-as it's up and on display! It's just that they could've/should've been a lil' more surreptitious within their means of placing and presenting it!! IOW's, this thread has become a mere consequence of their method(s).

Having said such, if YOU wish, I'll gladly kill the initial post of this thread!! Up 2 U, ball is now in YOUR court, so YOU tell mois': delete it or let it be???

=;-p
I agree that once the statue is put together it will look great. Gaim - you do you! Others having their knickers in a pinch over every little thing are inconsequential.

Reactions: Gaimcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT