ADVERTISEMENT

Former tater players upset with Charlotte restaurant, still good with Pitchfork Ben.

This the same police department that gave thug Yusef Kelley a job after he assaulted one of our players and stole our equipment and threw it into the stands?

Reactions: PC31
Note to self:

1. Buy new WRANGLERS for trip to Charlotte.

Growing up, you couldn't tear those suckers with a chainsaw.

Wrong...Dale Jr Is more active than you think. I been there with him. I'm good friends with his old boss at HMS

They probably also don't remember Clemson fans calling Homer Jordan every racial epithet that they could think of, and even invented some when he lost to Georgia.

"The thing I did that probably hurt him was start him against Georgia in Athens in the second game. [Jordan had a miserable afternoon and Clemson lost, 20-16.] He was back home, playing in front of all those people. If I was smart, I would have figured all of that out. Unfortunately I'm not that smart. But you got to put yourself in his position. He was under a bunch of pressure. When you're one of the first black quarterbacks at a school, you're going to hear things and get criticized and face a pretty gigantic burden.

"But, you know what? He's so good a kid, he probably wasn't thinking about it near as much as I thought he was thinking about it. And I was sure thinking about it a lot."

Jordan refused to let a little adversity get in his way. His determination has always been far greater than his ability to express it. "There was a lot of talk about that...racial stuff...last year," he says. "It just made me want to work harder and prove that no matter what color I am, I can go out and do the job." As for starting the Georgia game, Jordan says, "Nervous? A lot of people said I was. But I didn't feel nervous. I played in front of all those folks all my life. Why would I get nervous then?"

https://www.si.com/vault/1981/12/28...s-to-the-top-of-the-polls-and-the-orange-bowl

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT