ADVERTISEMENT

Former UGA QB calls coaching in Columbia "career suicide"

"On the possibility of Bobo going to South Carolina to coach under Muschamp, Hutson Mason was pessimistic about what it would do to Bobo’s career, using the term “career suicide” for anyone that accepts the job in Columbia."

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/1...ested-will-muschamp-after-colorado-state-usc/

The article also mentioned Georgia talking to BMac about being an OC for Smart.... Please- yes- please make him your OC. This is simply a UGA homer site.

You would think when muschamp demoted BMac he would have an OC on the hook. Why no word?

Reactions: cockofdawn
"On the possibility of Bobo going to South Carolina to coach under Muschamp, Hutson Mason was pessimistic about what it would do to Bobo’s career, using the term “career suicide” for anyone that accepts the job in Columbia."

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/1...ested-will-muschamp-after-colorado-state-usc/
I never heard of that Mason guy before, not sure why we care what that no name guy thinks. Ask Spurrier or Lou what they think about us not some guy aint none of us ever heard about before.

Career as OC. Do you think an established OC can't do any better than SC whose HC sits on a throne of red hot coals? He may well end up here yet, but it will be for some reason other than the job security.
I don't think Champ is going anywhere next year either.

Was the "career suicide" meant as a knock on coaching at Carolina or being Will Muschamp's OC?

When's the last time a head coach's tenure ended well in Columbia?

Bobo's an assistant so that's a little different. My assumption is that he's referring to coaching for Champ as an assistant.

Reactions: Brace1
When's the last time a head coach's tenure ended well in Columbia?

Bobo's an assistant so that's a little different. My assumption is that he's referring to coaching for Champ as an assistant.

Most don't unless you count the million$ most of them walk away with.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Yep, career suicide. You can't take top 20 recruiting classes(Carolina) and beat schools with classes outside the top 25(UNC), outside the top 40(Missouri), outside the top 50(Virginia), or even a school with ZERO 4 stars(App State). But, yeah, good point, it's the school's fault.

His punk ass is just mad he got beat by the Gamecocks.

Well they know from this year, losing to USC isn’t season suicide.
Had they won they probably have a mulligan tomorrow. I (living in North Augusta) for one am glad they won’t!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It's only a graveyard for shitty coaches....
The dumbest part of their(Clemson fans etc) "graveyard of coaches argument" is that we just hired a guy that was in the graveyard. Did we raise him from the dead? The same dimwits say you can't win at Carolina etc. It's mainly Clemson fans and OLD Carolina.

No big deal. OLD Carolina will soon join our coaches and we can move on.

Reactions: SOSUSC and Expro19
It is not a graveyard. You are wrong. Plain wrong. It is a haven for mediocre ADs who make mediocre decisions. There is no accountability.
No, no....it's a graveyard...under a number of a.d.'s and for a number of decades.

The dumbest part of their(Clemson fans etc) "graveyard of coaches argument" is that we just hired a guy that was in the graveyard. Did we raise him from the dead? The same dimwits say you can't win at Carolina etc. It's mainly Clemson fans and OLD Carolina.

No big deal. OLD Carolina will soon join our coaches and we can move on.
The elder abuse on this site is over the top. Now they are wishing we were pushing up daisys. RollLaughWhile your generation is rewriting history as you gleefully await our demise, know this: In a few years you won't know who you are, and have no way of understanding who you truly were. Some of us realize that good and bad history means something, and that applies to football, as it does to life. As much as you want to correct past mistakes (we all do) without understanding them you will fail. Just pretend, that will do it. Silly kids

Reactions: 1SGgamecock
Maybe Hutson’s comment is bc he is still butt hurt from 2014 in Columbia .

I never heard of that Mason guy before, not sure why we care what that no name guy thinks. Ask Spurrier or Lou what they think about us not some guy aint none of us ever heard about before.
The same Spurrier that quit on you in the middle of the season? You care what that guy thinks about your program? I think his quitting and lack of recruiting showed everyone exactly what he thought of your program.

The elder abuse on this site is over the top. Now they are wishing we were pushing up daisys. RollLaughWhile your generation is rewriting history as you gleefully await our demise, know this: In a few years you won't know who you are, and have no way of understanding who you truly were. Some of us realize that good and bad history means something, and that applies to football, as it does to life. As much as you want to correct past mistakes (we all do) without understanding them you will fail. Just pretend, that will do it. Silly kids
It's not about correcting past mistakes, it's about leaving the past where it belongs. We are not the same. We're 17th in athletic revenue. We average top 20 recruiting classes. We have some of the best football facilities in the country. We can beat App State and I don't care if you disagree because 100 years ago blah, blah, blah. We deserve better than Muschamp. We are not the graveyard of coaches. And the mentality of your ilk can't be gone soon enough.

Fire Muschamp, fire Tanner.

It is not a graveyard. You are wrong. Plain wrong. It is a haven for mediocre ADs who make mediocre decisions. There is no accountability.

Sure there is accountability, just not the kind the fire the coach set like.

Ask yourself why over 100 plus years of football we've struggled. Look at the coaches we've hired, some quite famous It's not like there haven't been efforts to turn things around, and a fee have even been successful ... briefly.

I'm not too proud to say there's a bigger hand at work here. The Chicken Curse. Which is why have been a coaches graveyard in football and MBB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT