ADVERTISEMENT

Former UNC CB Mike Hughes

BigTomE

May 5, 2015
Johns Island, SC
taking an official visit this weekend. He's a former 3 star offered out of high school by South Carolina, UNC, Auburn, Florida, NC State, Clemson, and Tennessee. Muschamp is bringing in transfers left and right. This could be transfer number 4, I think? 1. Former UNC RB Williams, 2. former Wisconsin RB Kinlaw, 3. former Clemson CB Chalmers, 4. former UNC DB Hughes?

I don't remember any transfers under Spurrier besides Johnson and Kelly. I could easily name a dozen that transferred out, but I can't seem to recall more than two transferring in. Can you guys think of anyone else?

Reactions: jonesz21
Clem has a running back leaving and bama is losing no.1 kicker and a few players as well. getting to be common any more

Surprised the gamecocks would consider taking an ACC player, usually the consensus here is they are not good enough to play in the SEC :)
We just got a commit from a 2 star OL, now had he committed to Shawn Elliott then end of the world would be near

Shady character. He and another cb from the team beat the crap out of a unc frat boy, nearly permanently blinding the kid.

We just got a commit from a 2 star OL, now had he committed to Shawn Elliott then end of the world would be near

From the sound of things, that two star might be pretty darn good; or has that potential. You can't tell about OL's. They are hard to predict. Even Clemson is recruiting 3-star guys.

From the sound of things, that two star might be pretty darn good; or has that potential. You can't tell about OL's. They are hard to predict. Even Clemson is recruiting 3-star guys.
Everybody recruits 3* OL. That's because there are very few 4* and 5* OL to begin with. The recruiting services don't rank OL highly. They only rank skilled positions and defensive players highly. When you exclude the players up north or out west, there are almost no OL in our recruiting area that are 4* and 5*. If you don't take 3* guys you won't have ANY. Yet another indictment against these recruiting services.

Surprised the gamecocks would consider taking an ACC player, usually the consensus here is they are not good enough to play in the SEC :)
Despite some of the post you see... I think the ACC took a huge step up in 'conference football ranking' this year.

I'll take any player that pushes this program back up to 2010-2013 status and further.

Never said he wouldnt be good, just said IF he were brought it by Elliott he would be labeled a bust right now.

Everybody recruits 3* OL. That's because there are very few 4* and 5* OL to begin with. The recruiting services don't rank OL highly. They only rank skilled positions and defensive players highly. When you exclude the players up north or out west, there are almost no OL in our recruiting area that are 4* and 5*. If you don't take 3* guys you won't have ANY. Yet another indictment against these recruiting services.

Why interject common sense practical facts into a discussion on an internet forum:D

I have to agree. The latest young man who committed to us looks like a gamble in terms of experience. But because of the scarcity of these athletes, it's a gamble we have to take.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Elliott established a history of signing 2 star kids that couldn't play...The pessimism about his reaches was well deserved
And some that could play, about like every football team in the country.

And some that could play, about like every football team in the country.

What 2 star kid signed by Elliott proved he could play? name one...Our best lineman last fall was Zack Bailey a 4 star recruit that could have gone anywhere he wanted...

What 2 star kid signed by Elliott proved he could play? name one...Our best lineman last fall was Zack Bailey a 4 star recruit that could have gone anywhere he wanted...

Right and he came here. Elliott was good coach who got thrown under the bus by people like you. But I never heard a word outta you when we were winning 33 games out of 39. You know who else thinks he great coach? Marcus Lattimore, what do you know that he doesnt? Not a damn thing thats what.

Right and he came here. Elliott was good coach who got thrown under the bus by people like you. But I never heard a word outta you when we were winning 33 games out of 39. You know who else thinks he great coach? Marcus Lattimore, what do you know that he doesnt? Not a damn thing thats what.
SE was a crap coach. He's gone, and I'm damn glad he's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've said that already...numerous times. We heard you the first time. Move on.

SE was a crap coach. He's gone, and I'm damn glad he's gone. You are some kinda whiney beeotch.[/QUOTEcalling]
lol. The king of the whiney bitches is calling me out? Your reputation precedes you Mary.

hughes is really talented...he's a corner, but also returns kicks.

seriously though, this kid is trouble.

Once a player signs with an SEC school they automatically obtain that "SEC speed". That's how that works...

I heard a college football recruiting expert basically say the same thing. He said centers particularly are hard to predict.

Despite some of the post you see... I think the ACC took a huge step up in 'conference football ranking' this year.

I'll take any player that pushes this program back up to 2010-2013 status and further.

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Just WIN the damn ball game(s)!!!

Mike Hughes never ended up here but at UCF, started in August and we know what they did this past season. There were posts were people said Muschamp was reaching for this player, because of lack of stars and offers out of JUCO, but he is now about to be a first round pick.

This makes me believe or have more faith in WM and TRob's secondary evals even more.

The UCF articles said

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...hughes-ucf-former-coaches-20170820-story.html

"He could have ended up at South Carolina, where he was supposed to sign after a year at Garden, but the timetable for his receiving his associate’s degree fell short of the deadline for enrollment at USC."

After one season at UCF he has declared for the NFL draft and ESPN Tod Mcshay has him at # 13 in the first round

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ghes-nfl-draft-projection-20180307-story.html

We did not get this kid but Muschamp was again spot on on his evaluation on a player that didnt have a huge offer list out of JUCO, probably given the reason he left UNC, but still, how this guys fortunes have changed after a year,

Reactions: rogue cock
taking an official visit this weekend. He's a former 3 star offered out of high school by South Carolina, UNC, Auburn, Florida, NC State, Clemson, and Tennessee. Muschamp is bringing in transfers left and right. This could be transfer number 4, I think? 1. Former UNC RB Williams, 2. former Wisconsin RB Kinlaw, 3. former Clemson CB Chalmers, 4. former UNC DB Hughes?

I don't remember any transfers under Spurrier besides Johnson and Kelly. I could easily name a dozen that transferred out, but I can't seem to recall more than two transferring in. Can you guys think of anyone else?

We used to take a bunch of JUCO players that haven't panned out and can't red-shirt...

Transfers from D1 schools are better to have, come in for a year and sit out while they develop into the programs...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT