ADVERTISEMENT

Former UNC CB Mike Hughes

Surprised the gamecocks would consider taking an ACC player, usually the consensus here is they are not good enough to play in the SEC :)
ECU ones aren't good enough and usually Tar Heels also. . I guess this one is an exception.

Never said he wouldnt be good, just said IF he were brought it by Elliott he would be labeled a bust right now.
Well, to be fair, after a few years of hearing how much better on the OL we would be, no one trusted Elliot's evaluation or development of OL....for good reason. Initially, he was definitely given the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Well, to be fair, after a few years of hearing how much better on the OL we would be, no one trusted Elliot's evaluation or development of OL....for good reason. Initially, he was definitely given the benefit of the doubt.

we fell for the pre-season hype two years in a row, and it hurt when the product wasn't there.

Reactions: rogue cock
I don't remember any transfers under Spurrier besides Johnson and Kelly. I could easily name a dozen that transferred out, but I can't seem to recall more than two transferring in. Can you guys think of anyone else?

LOL ... sorry! I know it doesn't qualify for your question but, your thread got kidnapped anyway and I couldn't resist. Besides, I a firm believer in the old adage ..."If you can't dazzle 'em with your brilliance, baffle 'em with your bullshit."

WARREN MUIR from West Point.

Last edited:
LOL ... sorry! I know it doesn't qualify for your question but, your thread got kidnapped anyway and I couldn't resist. Besides, I a firm believer in the old adage ..."If you can't dazzle 'em with your brilliance, baffle 'em with your bullshit."

Transfers IN not OUT.

You know this thread is a year old, right?

You should double check what you're posting before trying to call someone out.

Last edited:
Transfers IN not OUT.
You know this thread is a year old, right?
You should double check what you're posting before trying to call someone out.

Big Tom ... No one was calling you out.
Do you not know who Warren Muir is??? Warren Muir transferred IN, in about 1966, from West Point and had a very successful career as a Gamecock running back. Go back and re-read my post.... if you can read.

Big Tom ... I am very, very sorry that you so stupid and ignorant.

Big Tom ... So there is no misunderstanding whatsoever, I AM CALLING YOU OUT NOW. Big Tom, YOU ARE A COWARD.

I'm waiting trailer trash.

Do you not know who Warren Muir is??? Warren Muir transferred IN, in about 1966, from West Point and had a very successful career as a Gamecock running back. Go back and re-read my post.... if you can read.

Big Tom ... So there is no misunderstanding whatsoever, I AM CALLING YOU OUT NOW. Big Tom, YOU ARE A COWARD.

Dayum....Cool it folks. It's just a chat board.

Reactions: JGH 35

How old are you? You're one classy fella

I believe you should take a deep breath and re-read my original question....? I asked if anyone on the board remembered any Grad transfers coming in under Spurrier. I could only recall the two I listed.

Last edited:

Not in this for the war going on by posters but did want to point out our best ol was David DeCamilia? also a transfer from Army.

Thats very true. But dont forget Ko Simpson and Captain Munnerlyn. Those two star recruits are drawing NFL salaries.

Munnerlyn was a decent DB, but I remember Clemson throwing over his head all day long. I don’t recall the year, but we took the lead late in the game, and just needed 1 stop, but couldn’t get it even when we had them in a 3rd and 30 situation. They just threw 2 passes (the same play) on 3rd and 4th down to a big 6’5” receiver (Kendall ______), got the 1st down, and ended up kicking the game winning FG as time expired. Munnerlyn was a better return guy in my opinion. His height is a weakness that can be easily exploited by a capable QB and receiver.

That was the 2007 game in Columbia, 11/24/07, and the Clemson WR was Aaron Kelley, and the DB on the 4th and 4 play with around a minute and half left was Addison Williams # 7 not Captain. The prior play to Aaron Kelly that got a chuck of yardage to set up the 4th and short was Aaron Kelley as well and was also not on Captain.

Addison was a little guy as well 5"8 and Capt was # 1 not # 7

Captain was pretty good as most future NFL Corners are in College, the guy has been playing since 2009 in the NFL, having an outstanding career, despite his height

Last edited:
Despite some of the post you see... I think the ACC took a huge step up in 'conference football ranking' this year.

I'll take any player that pushes this program back up to 2010-2013 status and further.
They had 1 top tier horse in Clemson That was 3 steps behind Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.

Miami, Virginia Tech, and NC State have improved Their 2nd tier level Teams.

They had 1 top tier horse in Clemson That was 3 steps behind Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.

Miami, Virginia Tech, and NC State have improved Their 2nd tier level Teams.
However, Miami with Richt is recruiting like a Tier 1 team. Have to wait to see if that is reflected on the field.

Reactions: vehemon
SE was a crap coach. He's gone, and I'm damn glad he's gone. You are some kinda whiney beeotch.

I'm not sure what the problem with Elliott was but for what it's worth, 3 of his recruits started for NFL teams this past year.

I'm not sure what the problem with Elliott was but for what it's worth, 3 of his recruits started for NFL teams this past year.

Brandon Shell and?

AJ Cann committed to Wolford in 2009, but I guess played under SE so I dont count him as a player SE scouted and got to commit, ie one of his recruits etc

TJ Johnson committed in 2007.

Corey Robinson committed in June 2009, recruited by Wolford and Brad Lawling

Last edited:
Brandon Shell and?

AJ Cann committed to Wofford in 2009, but I guess played under SE so I dont count him as a player SE scouted and got to commit, ie one of his recruits etc

Corey Robinson committed in June 2009, recruited by Wofford and Brad Lawling

WOLFORD was gone in 2009 taking the Youngstown State job before the bowl game. A.J. Cann and Corey Robinson signed in 2010 after Elliott was hired. Neither ever played a down or attended a practice coached by WOLFORD.

WOLFORD was gone in 2009 taking the Youngstown State job before the bowl game. A.J. Cann and Corey Robinson signed in 2010 after Elliott was hired. Neither ever played a down or attended a practice coached by WOLFORD.

They both committed in Summer 2009 as i said before he left, so in all the recruits Elliott brought in, that he scouted and got commitments, ONE has gone to the NFL.

Wolford was here only one year 2009 and identified, offered, and got commitments from TWO future NFL players, what does that tell you?

I suppose your link is to say "AJ. Cann committed to recruiter Eric Wolford". Committing and signing are two entirely different things. Eric Wolford was gone when A.J. Cann signed. Shawn Elliott had to convince
him to stick around. Wolford left at the end of the regular season 2009. Cann and Robinson SIGNED!!! 2010.
Never heard one word about Cann wavering in his commitment after Wolford left....so Elliott simply had to make sure the papers got to him....not a hard job.

Never heard one word about Cann wavering in his commitment after Wolford left....so Elliott simply had to make sure the papers got to him....not a hard job.

You never heard about him wavering so he must not have had any misgivings because undoubtedly the coaching staff would have brought it to your attention. You have no idea whether Cann had second thoughts. So why make such a preposterous statement. Is it your assertion that Cann would have stuck around regardless of who was hired and then would have stuck around for 5 years and played for anybody?
Cann started as a rookie in the NFL. Elliott must have done something right. I like Eric Wolford and I think he is an upgrade, but Elliott deserves some credit for developing Cann and Robinson.

You never heard about him wavering so he must not have had any misgivings because undoubtedly the coaching staff would have brought it to your attention. You have no idea whether Cann had second thoughts. So why make such a preposterous statement. Is it your assertion that Cann would have stuck around regardless of who was hired and then would have stuck around for 5 years and played for anybody?
Cann started as a rookie in the NFL. Elliott must have done something right. I like Eric Wolford and I think he is an upgrade, but Elliott deserves some credit for developing Cann and Robinson.
Without any proof to the contrary, yes. Nothing in the papers or on the services about his wavering, so my assertion is much less preposterous than yours.

They both committed in Summer 2009 as i said before he left, so in all the recruits Elliott brought in, that he scouted and got commitments, ONE has gone to the NFL.

Wolford was here only one year 2009 and identified, offered, and got commitments from TWO future NFL players, what does that tell you?

It tells me he had absolutely no role in getting them ready for the NFL. Elliott coached them and Brandon Shell. He deserves some credit. He isn't the best line coach or even in the top five, but he's along way from the worst line coach we've ever had.

Without any proof to the contrary, yes. Nothing in the papers or on the services about his wavering, so my assertion is much less preposterous than yours.

Yes, the omniscient view. You know every article that was ever written about Cann's recruitment so you are the final word. The facts are:nobody tried to recruit Cann when it was announced his position coach was leaving and Elliott simply faxed him the letter of intent in February of 2010 THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP.

Yes, the omniscient view. You know every article that was ever written about Cann's recruitment so you are the final word. The facts are:nobody tried to recruit Cann when it was announced his position coach was leaving and Elliott simply faxed him the letter of intent in February of 2010 THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP.
Ummm, you were the one initially stating that Wolford had nothing...zero...to do with his recruitment. You got corrected...and a now doing the fastest backstroke I've seen in a while.

And I actually read a few articles regarding recruitment after Wolford left and Elliott was hired....no mention of Cann wavering in any manner. Did you bother to look before you made your statement....I did.

Ummm, you were the one initially stating that Wolford had nothing...zero...to do with his recruitment. You got corrected...and a now doing the fastest backstroke I've seen in a while.

And I actually read a few articles regarding recruitment after Wolford left and Elliott was hired....no mention of Cann wavering in any manner. Did you bother to look before you made your statement....I did.

You had a chance to research 4 months worth of 2009-2010 articles; did it all in an hour. Man you are good! Let me just say this if you can show me where I said Wolford had zero to do with his recruiting I will send you a certified check for a hundred dollars. NEVER SAID IT, NEVER THOUGHT IT. Having said that I can't believe I'm arguing with a gasbag acting like he knows all of the minutest details of an offensive lineman's recruiting process from 9 years ago.

You had a chance to research 4 months worth of 2009-2010 articles; did it all in an hour. Man you are good! Let me just say this if you can show me where I said Wolford had zero to do with his recruiting I will send you a certified check for a hundred dollars. NEVER SAID IT, NEVER THOUGHT IT. Having said that I can't believe I'm arguing with a gasbag acting like he knows all of the minutest details of an offensive lineman's recruiting process from 9 years ago.
Post # 61:

Gradstudent posted:

Brandon Shell and?

AJ Cann committed to Wofford in 2009, but I guess played under SE so I dont count him as a player SE scouted and got to commit, ie one of his recruits etc

Your response:

"WOLFORD was gone in 2009 taking the Youngstown State job before the bowl game. A.J. Cann and Corey Robinson signed in 2010 after Elliott was hired. Neither ever played a down or attended a practice coached by WOLFORD."

61 WOFJRP,

taking an official visit this weekend. He's a former 3 star offered out of high school by South Carolina, UNC, Auburn, Florida, NC State, Clemson, and Tennessee. Muschamp is bringing in transfers left and right. This could be transfer number 4, I think? 1. Former UNC RB Williams, 2. former Wisconsin RB Kinlaw, 3. former Clemson CB Chalmers, 4. former UNC DB Hughes?

I don't remember any transfers under Spurrier besides Johnson and Kelly. I could easily name a dozen that transferred out, but I can't seem to recall more than two transferring in. Can you guys think of anyone else?
Ibe too. He could have finished out at Rice.

Post # 61:

Gradstudent posted:

Brandon Shell and?

Your response:

"WOLFORD was gone in 2009 taking the Youngstown State job before the bowl game. A.J. Cann and Corey Robinson signed in 2010 after Elliott was hired. Neither ever played a down or attended a practice coached by WOLFORD."

61 WOFJRP,

What part of that don't you understand? Eric Wolford left after the regular season 2009 before the bowl game. To give Eric Wolford credit for identifying A.J. Cann as a talent is goofy. By the time Eric Wolford was on campus South Carolina had been recruiting him for 2 years. If you want to give somebody credit for identifying him as a talent you might try Shane Beamer. By the time Eric Wolford got here A.J. Cann was a 4 star recruit.
I notice you didn't provide a link to those articles that said "A.J. Cann is not wavering and is just waiting for whatever flunky South Carolina hires to fax them a letter of intent in February 2010".

What part of that don't you understand? Eric Wolford left after the regular season 2009 before the bowl game. To give Eric Wolford credit for identifying A.J. Cann as a talent is goofy. By the time Eric Wolford was on campus South Carolina had been recruiting him for 2 years. If you want to give somebody credit for identifying him as a talent you might try Shane Beamer. By the time Eric Wolford got here A.J. Cann was a 4 star recruit.
I notice you didn't provide a link to those articles that said "A.J. Cann is not wavering and is just waiting for whatever flunky South Carolina hires to fax them a letter of intent in February 2010".
He committed to Wolford, period. What part of that do you not understand? You made the allegation/insinuation that he wavered...not me....you look it up and post articles where he did. Absent that...all you can prove is that Elliott's involvement is nothing more than a deliveryman sending a fax.

He committed to Wolford, period. What part of that do you not understand? You made the allegation/insinuation that he wavered...not me....you look it up and post articles where he did. Absent that...all you can prove is that Elliott's involvement is nothing more than a deliveryman sending a fax.

You are either really stupid or you have no reading comprehension skills at all. I never said he wavered. You said "I read articles about recruiting after Wolford left and there was no mention of A.J. Cann wavering"
and yet you provided no links to those articles. My guess is you didn't read anything that made reference to that but you said it it to buttress a pretty stupid claim.

I have no idea whether he wavered but I know when a recruit is 4*, in the Rivals 250, played in the Under Armour game and Shrine Bowl and was heavily recruited by Georgia, Tennessee, and Clemson; rated the #2 center in the country to think that all you have to do to keep a recruit like that is to hire a "deliveryman capable of sending a fax" strains credulity. You have to believe that for the 3 1/2 months after Eric Wolford left until Cann signed that nobody made an attempt to turn Cann and that the only reassurance he needed was to confirm that Elliott knew how to operate a fax machine.

You are either really stupid or you have no reading comprehension skills at all. I never said he wavered. You said "I read articles about recruiting after Wolford left and there was no mention of A.J. Cann wavering"
and yet you provided no links to those articles. My guess is you didn't read anything that made reference to that but you said it it to buttress a pretty stupid claim.

I have no idea whether he wavered but I know when a recruit is 4*, in the Rivals 250, played in the Under Armour game and Shrine Bowl and was heavily recruited by Georgia, Tennessee, and Clemson; rated the #2 center in the country to think that all you have to do to keep a recruit like that is to hire a "deliveryman capable of sending a fax" strains credulity. You have to believe that for the 3 1/2 months after Eric Wolford left until Cann signed that nobody made an attempt to turn Cann and that the only reassurance he needed was to confirm that Elliott knew how to operate a fax machine.
Dumbass....if there is no mention of Cann wavering, there is nothing to link. I can't prove a negative....no one can. I looked for information indicating he may be wavering....nothing, thus nothing to link. That's why I asked for you showing for one that he was....absent that, Elliott didn't do shit with him, period!!!

Right and he came here. Elliott was good coach who got thrown under the bus by people like you. But I never heard a word outta you when we were winning 33 games out of 39. You know who else thinks he great coach? Marcus Lattimore, what do you know that he doesnt? Not a damn thing thats what.
Shawn it is not professional for you to be on here defending yourself. You know better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT