ADVERTISEMENT

Founders Park Hosting Super Regional

atl-cock

May 3, 2006
Atlanta (Beaufort native)
Surprised that Charlottesville apparently did not submit any kind of hosting bid. They probably thought that they would not be in a position to host, i.e., high enough seed, and felt the expense wasn't worth it. Unlike ODU's park, Davenport Field is "hostable."

Just curious - in the history of Super Regionals, is the DBU - UVA Super the first time a Super has been held at a "neutral site?"

Also, is anybody planning on attending any of the games?

Last edited:
Surprised that Charlottesville apparently did not submit any kind of hosting bid. They probably thought that they would not be in a position to host, i.e., high enough seed, and felt the expense wasn't worth it. Unlike ODU's park, Davenport Field is "hostable",

Just curious - in the history of Super Regionals, is the DBU - UVA Super the first time a Super has been held at a "neutral site"?

Also, is anybody planning on attending any of the games?
A few innings on TV for me will be plenty

This year it was deemed that all Regionals/Supers had to take place at one of the 20 predetermined sites. UVa probably didn't bid because they knew they wouldn't be a high enough seed. I heard last weekend that ODU had looked at using the Norfolk Tides ballpark, but for some reason that did not work out.

This year it was deemed that all Regionals/Supers had to take place at one of the 20 predetermined sites. UVa probably didn't bid because they knew they wouldn't be a high enough seed. I heard last weekend that ODU had looked at using the Norfolk Tides ballpark, but for some reason that did not work out.
Right. The Tides play at Harbor Park, which is owned by the City of Norfolk.

I checked the Tides' schedule. They were on the road last weekend, and on the road this weekend too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT