ADVERTISEMENT

Fournette

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Remember a few years ago I made a post that I didn’t think he would succeed in the pros ?!! Jags just released him . Crazy how guys like him , McFadden , Trent Richardson , even Hershel Walker to an extent are so dominant in college and just don’t pan out . So weird . Guess they never learned that you can’t bulldoze NFL safeties and LBs . Now is his defense he did put up 1100 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards last year so it’s kind of an odd move

Agreed. His numbers were not THAT bad. I think it speaks to what the running back position has become in Pro football and highlights a big difference between the levels. McCaffrey is sort of the new model, run, catch, do whatever, and do it alot.

His issue wasn’t skill as much as just not caring which according to him was based on the poor way the Jags are being run. Even an out of shape unmotivated Fournette was the best player on that team.

Remember a few years ago I made a post that I didn’t think he would succeed in the pros ?!! Jags just released him . Crazy how guys like him , McFadden , Trent Richardson , even Hershel Walker to an extent are so dominant in college and just don’t pan out . So weird . Guess they never learned that you can’t bulldoze NFL safeties and LBs . Now is his defense he did put up 1100 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards last year so it’s kind of an odd move
I think it says more about the Jags tanking for whatever reason. They had the best defense in the league just two years ago. They have traded or let go everyone off of that defense with the exception of Myles Jack and he's probably next. Fournette gained 1,152 yards last season. So, I don't think him be released is any sort of indictment on his play.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Rift developed years ago between Jags front office & Fournette. He let that affect his want-to & ultimately his marketability. Hope he finds the right spot and thrives.

like a lot of professional athletes they think they can do as they did in college. I always thought fournette was a

back that needed to touch the ball at least 30 times a game. The longer the game went on the better he got.

I watched a few jags games last year and they ran him into the ground . They said he had a bad attitude but I think it had a lot to do with not embracing the tank . I remember him at LSU as being a really good kid and he donates tons of $$ to youth programs in New Orleans where he’s from . I hope he gets in a good situation . The kid was literally all they had offensively .

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
, even Hershel Walker to an extent are so dominant in college and just don’t pan out .

Walker was twice an NFL pro bowler and twice a USFL all star. In the NFL he had 61 TDs and 8225 yards. Compare George Rogers at 7176 and 54 TDs and Rogers didn't waste three of his best years in the USFL. I wouldn't call Walker a "not pan out" or remotely close to that.

Walker was twice an NFL pro bowler and twice a USFL all star. In the NFL he had 61 TDs and 8225 yards. Compare George Rogers at 7176 and 54 TDs and Rogers didn't waste three of his best years in the USFL. I wouldn't call Walker a "not pan out" or remotely close to that.

Yeah I wouldn’t necessarily group Hershel with guys like McFadden and Trent but I don’t think he ever really lived up to the insane expectations he had . I think if he would have skipped the USFL he would have put up monster numbers . He had a few pro bowl years in Dallas but if I remember correctly I don’t think he ever had another 1000 yard season after the trade . Again he was definitely a great player but I think most expected him to be one of the greatest RB’s ever . I’m still miffed by McFadden . I really thought he had Adrian Peterson type potential . Too many injuries I guess .

His issue wasn’t skill as much as just not caring which according to him was based on the poor way the Jags are being run. Even an out of shape unmotivated Fournette was the best player on that team.

Not caring? How much was he gwtting paid?

Not caring? How much was he gwtting paid?
Enough to not care. Money doesn’t make people all of a sudden care more. It may encourage some people to keep making money but at the same point for some people money can stop motivating them. We’ve seen guys walk away from money multiple times when they were tired of being the best guy on the worst team.

I watched a few jags games last year and they ran him into the ground . They said he had a bad attitude but I think it had a lot to do with not embracing the tank . I remember him at LSU as being a really good kid and he donates tons of $$ to youth programs in New Orleans where he’s from . I hope he gets in a good situation . The kid was literally all they had offensively .

After the home game we played at LSU, didn't he auction off his game jersey with proceeds going to the flood victims in SC? He seems like a good guy. There's always two sides to everything.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Yes
After the home game we played at LSU, didn't he auction off his game jersey with proceeds going to the flood victims in SC? He seems like a good guy. There's always two sides to everything.

Yes and he still does a lot of outreach in New Orleans . I have friends over there who are close with his family and they say you couldn’t ask for a better kid . I think his attitude with south when the Jags started unloading talent to tank . If you guys remember Jalen Ramsey got traded for “attitude” issues and he’s been a model teammate since the trade . Funny how that works . You unloaded your 3 best players and they “All” had attitude problems ?!! Sounds fishy

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yes

Yes and he still does a lot of outreach in New Orleans . I have friends over there who are close with his family and they say you couldn’t ask for a better kid . I think his attitude with south when the Jags started unloading talent to tank . If you guys remember Jalen Ramsey got traded for “attitude” issues and he’s been a model teammate since the trade . Funny how that works . You unloaded your 3 best players and they “All” had attitude problems ?!! Sounds fishy
Well, if wanting to get paid is an attitude problem, that might shed light into it.

Well, if wanting to get paid is an attitude problem, that might shed light into it.

Yeah I think wanting to get paid and not being beating your body to death on the worst team in the league who is actively trying to lose might create and “attitude” problem . Especially when your gonna get 25 carries a game into a stacked box

Yeah I think wanting to get paid and not being beating your body to death on the worst team in the league who is actively trying to lose might create and “attitude” problem . Especially when your gonna get 25 carries a game into a stacked box
I was referring to all their top "attitude problems." Best players on the team get paid, but it doesn't seem like the Jags were generous with the cash flow. But yes, Fournette as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT