ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin may very well...

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
have the best men's program this year at USC. Hard to believe that could be the case a few years ago.

The MBB team is going to be much improved this season. I think we will definitely be in the NCAAT.

Frank Martin started building a solid foundation the first day he took the job. Some on this board who live in a "microwave mindset" and want it now, will disappear from being negative about Martin or lie and swear they were on board all along.
Anybody with any basketball knowledge could see what Martin was building.
SC will be a "basketball school" soon...at least until a football staff is hired that enjoys recruiting

Frank Martin started building a solid foundation the first day he took the job. Some on this board who live in a "microwave mindset" and want it now, will disappear from being negative about Martin or lie and swear they were on board all along.
Anybody with any basketball knowledge could see what Martin was building.
SC will be a "basketball school" soon...at least until a football staff is hired that enjoys recruiting

I have been behind Martin from day 1 .. Lot of fans don't like him . I wish we had a few football people on our football staff had his style

I rarely post anymore. As you get older, sports is not as important as in your youth. If you have not experienced that feeling, you will. But I have to respond here. Frank Martin was not my first choice for Head Coach. The one who was had also been my first choice before Horn was hired and my first choice before Odom was hired. Having said that, only someone deaf and blind would not recognize that Martin's program has improved every year he has been here. Our conference wins have increased in total in each one of his 3 seasons. Last season was our first overall winning record since Horn's first season here. His recruiting, unlike I hate to say this, in football, provides evidence of even better days ahead on the court. With Frank and Dawn, we are on the verge of some great days in basketball. I hope Tanner does what it takes to keep them happy. I wish I felt the same way about football and baseball. I like Steve Spurrier. He is the best thing to ever happen to our football program. I hope we name fields, buildings and streets after him and build a statue to him. But, I don't have a good feeling about our football program. I hope Steve proves me wrong. Oh, how I wish he would.

I have been behind Martin from day 1 .. Lot of fans don't like him . I wish we had a few football people on our football staff had his style

I'm in the "like him" camp, too. He may be a little rough around the edges, but I know he wants to win as much as I do. I have replaced football away game trips with men's and women's basketball road trips. I greatly enjoyed the WBB Regional in Greensboro and the Final Four in Tampa last year. The CLAW is sure going to be rocking for many years to come.

He acts like a maniac, and Tanner suspended him over his behavior. How many times did that happen to Frank McGuire or Dean Smith? Bobby Knight's outrageous behavior eventually got him fired at IU. Is that what we want?

He acts like a maniac, and Tanner suspended him over his behavior. How many times did that happen to Frank McGuire or Dean Smith? Bobby Knight's outrageous behavior eventually got him fired at IU. Is that what we want?
Looks like that's exactly what YOU want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT