ADVERTISEMENT

Freddie Kitchens

detective29

Oct 17, 2002
Just saw where Kitchens was hired as an analyst by Beamer. This guy could be very valuable in the film room and in helping get these kids prepared for the next step. Anytime you can get a former NFL head coach on staff is good. What say the rest of you?

WOW! That is a fantastic hire.
That's one of the many things that bugged me about Muschamp. He didn't want a bunch of analysts even tho other teams were hiring them left and right.
Seems like a great move by Coach Beamer.

I think it’s a great move. Guys want to go to the NFL. Here’s one of the few guys walking Earth with NFL head coaching experience. He obviously knows football.

The only negative I can see is that he may not stay long but when you have the chance to make these type of hires you do it. Great hire by Shane Beamer.

For those of you that know me as a poster here you know I don’t hand out these types of compliments often. I’m usually quite skeptical. This is a good move for us.

a paycheck and a chance to own a house on the lake. Also near all beaches and mountains.

I don't see a downside at all.

It's great to have someone with that experience that maybe has more freedom to give the coaches feedback that they need to hear but might not want to hear.

The scary part about his resume?

He's described as a "VETERAN" college and pro coach - - - and he graduated college after me.

Reactions: PC31
He totally flamed out at the browns but his experience at the college and pro level will help. On second thought , imo, most on this board could give help to Satt with the offense !! I really believe sadly, we may see Kitchens in the oc role before this season is over. Since he played and coached qb's he be a big help with rattler as well.

It's all about the Jimmy's and the Joe's. There is no magical coaching play calling, etc., that many want to believe will suddenly change a teams fortunes

It's all about the Jimmy's and the Joe's. There is no magical coaching play calling, etc., that many want to believe will suddenly change a teams fortunes
Sorry to disagree, but if you think a coach can’t make a player better lots of programs are wasting a bunch of money!

Sorry to disagree, but if you think a coach can’t make a player better lots of programs are wasting a bunch of money!
It's all about talent. Recruiting. Think about it, it is amazing that the supposedly greatest college coaches are always the ones with the most talent. Now I guess Kitchens is a good coach, with knowledge of the game. But if he had the magical playbook, he would still be in Cleveland leading them to Super Bowls. It's always the Jimmy's and the Joe's.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
It's all about talent. Recruiting. Think about it, it is amazing that the supposedly greatest college coaches are always the ones with the most talent. Now I guess Kitchens is a good coach, with knowledge of the game. But if he had the magical playbook, he would still be in Cleveland leading them to Super Bowls. It's always the Jimmy's and the Joe's.
I sure am glad I didn't come out of high school thinking I had nothing left to learn and knew everything!

I agree with the premise but I submit this.. Do you think Urban Meyer had the best players at Bowling Green? Won 11 games there and pulled some power conference upsets. Do you think Saban had the best players at Michigan State? Did Spurrier at Duke? My point being that sometimes it takes a coach who can recognize that kid who maybe didn't get the best coaching in high school but has some measurable and find a way to get that kid to play above their supposed limits. Sometimes it takes a coach smart enough in the beginning to tailor the offense and defense to what they have and bring success to a program which will then allow them to get the attention of the higher level recruits. Can't get Jimmie and Joe till you prove you can win with lesser talent. All those guys I mentioned above proved it with lesser players FIRST.

Not here for sure, because ray tanner did not have the insight, balls or intelligence to hire, when he had the opportunity, one of the best offensive minds in the college game , when he was the oc at Oklahoma and wanted this job.
Thanks for proving my point. He had coached at places where my mom could coach the talent and win games.

Seriously! You're telling me with some training and COACHING that you can't cut time off your 40, get out of here!
You can possibly cut 5/100s or even on rare occasions 1/10th off a forty time with proper training and work, but if you run a 4.7, you will never run a 4.4 no matter how much you train or how much coaching you get. That is simply a God given talent. You also cannot learn to be taller. That too is God given.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Recruiting is probably 70-75 % of college coaching , and no one is saying talent is not important , but to be a successful COACH , you not only need to get the talent, but how to develop, as well as coach them, before and during the game . It takes a lot to develop a staff and run a program. But if you think just anyone can run a p5 football program, whether it it is a blue blood program loaded with talent, or a small college program with very little talent , you are wrong. Coaches are hard to find that are good ones . And if you think Riley only won at Oklahoma because he had good talent , you may want to apply for the ad's job at Texas and show them how to win with talent they have , since anybody can win 10 wins as an average a year while he was the hc at Oklahoma. I know you may not realize it, but he is considered the best offensive mind in the college game by most all experts , but maybe you know more than everyone else.

Thanks for proving my point. He had coached at places where my mom could coach the talent and win games.
If that were true, your mom could be very rich and get you a better education and even hire some people to help you with reality and how to use common sense and logic. You obviously have never played, coached or understand much about the game of football to make a statement like that,

If that were true, your mom could be very rich and get you a better education and even hire some people to help you with reality and how to use common sense and logic. You obviously have never played, coached or understand much about the game of football to make a statement like that,
Your insults are ridiculous. I played D1 college football at Gardner Webb. I coached Hs ball for 9 years.

You got to have the talented players but you also have to know what to do with them once you get them. When equal talented teams meet, the best coached team will win.

Reactions: 864guy
There it is. The condescending tone. She did not. My comment was tongue in cheek. Of course mom can’t coach football. It was an exaggeration to prove a point.
No, it was a comment that had no realistic or logical thinking , that you tried to use to prove a point that was WRONG , as my post stated. You were trying to say all a program needs is talent to win, and that a coach did not make a difference , which like your premise in general, is not true. To say that coaching does not make much, if any difference, makes no sense at all.

No, it was a comment that had no realistic or logical thinking , that you tried to use to prove a point that was WRONG , as my post stated. You were trying to say all a program needs is talent to win, and that a coach did not make a difference , which like your premise in general, is not true. To say that coaching does not make much, if any difference, makes no sense at all.
I didn’t say that. I said my mom could coach the talent at OU. Of course it was sarcasm, but please continue to show us how intellectually superior you are on a message board. I promise you I’ve been around more great coaches than you’ve watched on TV. Everyone who coaches at the college level knows ball, knows more than I could dream of, and has forgotten more about football than you and I know combined. But, that is NOT what makes them good. How they manage all the personalities and the egos, and the expectations, and the process, etc is what makes guys great coaches. Football hasn’t changed that much. Block, tackle, run, catch, throw.

I didn’t say that. I said my mom could coach the talent at OU. Of course it was sarcasm, but please continue to show us how intellectually superior you are on a message board. I promise you I’ve been around more great coaches than you’ve watched on TV. Everyone who coaches at the college level knows ball, knows more than I could dream of, and has forgotten more about football than you and I know combined. But, that is NOT what makes them good. How they manage all the personalities and the egos, and the expectations, and the process, etc is what makes guys great coaches. Football hasn’t changed that much. Block, tackle, run, catch, throw.
A person does not have to be an intellectual to believe that coaching does not make a difference in football. By the way, you have no idea who I am or what I know about football. But it seem every post you make, brings more non truths. The game has evolved a ton just in the past few years, but keep stepping your foot in the bs you spew.

Interesting comment on Heath's show yesterday saying the schools that had the most 3 star recruits drafted, #1 was UGa., I believe CU and OSU were at the top of the list. Now I don't know if that was just great recruiting or staffs coaching them up, but you would have to admit coaching was involved

Reactions: 864guy
A person does not have to be an intellectual to believe that coaching does not make a difference in football. By the way, you have no idea who I am or what I know about football. But it seem every post you make, brings more non truths. The game has evolved a ton just in the past few years, but keep stepping your foot in the bs you spew.
The game is the same. These “innovative” schemes were all the rage in the 40’s and 50’s. Teams have been running the option which is what RPo is for forever. I challenge you to diagram a play you’ve seen run recently that is groundbreaking or earth shattering or innovative in the eyes of the analysts. And I guarantee you I can show you where it came from long before we were born. I heard Andy Reid a couple weeks ago on Dan Patrick discussing where they come up with these “innovative” plays. You know what he said? “We have a team of young guys who are all techie, they get on the internet and find old film from years and even decades ago. And we just make it fit our system. Football has not changed. You can window dress it with formations and motions. But it’s the same my friend.

Interesting comment on Heath's show yesterday saying the schools that had the most 3 star recruits drafted, #1 was UGa., I believe CU and OSU were at the top of the list. Now I don't know if that was just great recruiting or staffs coaching them up, but you would have to admit coaching was involved
Let him rant away , sometimes people have ideas that are not logical and will do and say anything to prove them. A wise man once said , you should not argue or reason with a fool or a drunk , because others will have trouble knowing the difference between the two. He may be both probably.

Let him rant away , sometimes people have ideas that are not logical and will do and say anything to prove them. A wise man once said , you should not argue or reason with a fool or a drunk , because others will have trouble knowing the difference between the two. He may be both probably.
Typical. Accusations when you can’t provide proof to refute my “illogical”” statements.

Let who rant?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT