ADVERTISEMENT

Free Article: What Does Baseball Need To Do To Make A Regional?

The experiment is over... Time for a change from the top down. When we go from premier to mediocre at best when there is no good reason to have done so (other than bad hires) then the one who made them is equally culpable in the programs decline. I can almost excuse the Chad hire but to not learn from that and go out and get somebody who is so inconsistent that you sweep A ranked team and lose to a team that has single digit wins all year is inexcusable. Time to cut bait and move on.

Ray has failed miserably as our AD. No other SEC school would still have him on the payroll.

Very true. But I am afraid that the issue goes far deeper than Ray. Look at the coaching searches of late. Hiring on the cheap seems to be the main objective. Beamer, Paris......there wasn't another SEC school that would have remotely considered either of them. Why? Everybody else, with the possible exception of Vandy, is very serious about winning. As long as they get to cash that big SEC check every month, I don't think the powers that be care if USC wins, or not.

To make a regional, Kingston needs to get Ray Tanner to buy the team tickets to one of the regionals. Ray can let them pick which one.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT