ADVERTISEMENT

Fried fish

How about Parklane Seafood? I know they still cater but have not eaten at the restaurant in ... since the early 90s.

Reactions: punydevil
Blue Ocean in Clinton has catfish or flounder with the bone in. Fish is better with the bones. They also have a great platter with crab legs, boiled shrimp and ?? don't remember for about $22.95

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
What about Charlie’s fishermen wharf on lake Murray?havent been in a while but was good the last time I was there..

If I were in Cola, where would I go to get a good old fashioned fried fish dinner? You know, slaw, beans, etc. A couple hush puppies maybe.[/QUO
If I were in Cola, where would I go to get a good old fashioned fried fish dinner? You know, slaw, beans, etc. A couple hush puppies maybe.

Capt. Steve's in Ft Mill is the only seafood restaurant left and there is nothing else left in Columbia. Food is excellent and fesh

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
One of my favorite hole in the wall places for years is the Windmill down Hwy 5 about 20 miles outside of Lugoff. The fish and seafood was fantastic but is not what it once was in the 90s. Lake Wateree is there.

Shealys on Tuesday night. Flounder and shrimp and catfish stew - to go along w their normal fare.
We go there often and always on Tuesdays. However, that fish is not flounder - it's catfish fillets.

Whooooo! Just had some awesome catfish and grits last night at Yesterday's in 5 points. Got the collard greens with it. It was awesome.

Blue Ocean in Clinton is exactly what you are looking for. It's right off the exit on I26.

If Captains Galley/Fairfield Cove is still open in Winnsboro then that's good fried seafood too

No offense, but Blue Ocean might be some of the worst seafood I've ever had, specifically their fried seafood platter. I lived in that cesspool of a town for 4 years and only made the mistake of eating there one time.

DO NOT RECOMMEND.

One of my favorite hole in the wall places for years is the Windmill down Hwy 5 about 20 miles outside of Lugoff. The fish and seafood was fantastic but is not what it once was in the 90s. Lake Wateree is there.
I had a place at Wateree for 11 years near the Windmill. Ate some acceptable meals there. Went for breakfast one morning, ordered, waited about a half hour, and then the waitress comes back and says, "The cook has decided he isn't cooking any more breakfasts today. Do you want to order lunch?" That was my last visit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT