ADVERTISEMENT

From my currently occurring observation here @ Willy B., a couple things...

Gaimcock

Nov 18, 1998
First off, and Lord knows all y'all feel free to correct me here, but it seems to me that when the new Rooster Statue was initially unveiled, 99% of us fans mentioned the lack of Spurs and such pretty much eradicating the term "Spurs Up!". Well, and forgive me for being unaware of such until today, but The Spurs are now certainly on the Rooster!!! A Big "F'n-A" as far as I'm concerned, and I'll leave that right there as far as ceasing any additional comments!!

Secondly, and forgive me for this as-well, but I simply Do Not Have The Time to shoot a couple of photos, post them on the web and then link them here, but as-far-as the actual garnet color of the new banner (i.e., Welcome Home) is concerned, that color is DEAD ON CORRECT!!! The existing sign that's located up above the new banner has simply faded a shade or two or three, and no longer matches the exact PMS Color of our garnet!! If I recall correctly, that sign was severely damaged back when we had to play our home game in Baton Rouge after that storm ravaged Columbia back in 2015.

WADR to the company that manufactured that particular sign, its angle is such that it is simply BAKED by the sun darned near every day!!! Hence, barring several clear coats post the final paint layer, there is simply No Way that sign can maintain our exact garnet PMS color for an extended amount of time!!

Anyway, JMHOFWIW while I'm driving in this d_mned Cola Traffic for the first time in several years!!! And as aggravating as traffic can be and is here in Cola., it ain't got shitte on Charlotte By Far!!!!!!!

Later

Gaim

From what I recall, they added the spurs later after everyone bitched about it.

I also hear-tell that Coach Beamer removed his own fillings, melted them down and formed them into the spurs with his bare hands and stuck them on the rooster himself, thus transforming it into the most glorious Gamecock known to man. Then he donated his own blood to dye the banner which IS the perfect shade of garnet. He also drives a Dodge Stratus.

They added Spurs a couple months ago. Someone said they had always been planned but were going to be added at a later date and then covid threw everything out of whack?

I’d like to see the sign replaced with a block “C” with gamecock in the middle and light it up at night. No sign to fade, just a block “C” with gamecock.

Reactions: SaludaRooster
From what I recall, they added the spurs later after everyone bitched about it.

I also hear-tell that Coach Beamer removed his own fillings, melted them down and formed them into the spurs with his bare hands and stuck them on the rooster himself, thus transforming it into the most glorious Gamecock known to man. Then he donated his own blood to dye the banner which IS the perfect shade of garnet. He also drives a Dodge Stratus.
Yes, that is what I heard as well. Seems plausible.

Awesome!! Totally AWESOME!!!! =;-p

First off, and Lord knows all y'all feel free to correct me here, but it seems to me that when the new Rooster Statue was initially unveiled, 99% of us fans mentioned the lack of Spurs and such pretty much eradicating the term "Spurs Up!". Well, and forgive me for being unaware of such until today, but The Spurs are now certainly on the Rooster!!! A Big "F'n-A" as far as I'm concerned, and I'll leave that right there as far as ceasing any additional comments!!

Secondly, and forgive me for this as-well, but I simply Do Not Have The Time to shoot a couple of photos, post them on the web and then link them here, but as-far-as the actual garnet color of the new banner (i.e., Welcome Home) is concerned, that color is DEAD ON CORRECT!!! The existing sign that's located up above the new banner has simply faded a shade or two or three, and no longer matches the exact PMS Color of our garnet!! If I recall correctly, that sign was severely damaged back when we had to play our home game in Baton Rouge after that storm ravaged Columbia back in 2015.

WADR to the company that manufactured that particular sign, its angle is such that it is simply BAKED by the sun darned near every day!!! Hence, barring several clear coats post the final paint layer, there is simply No Way that sign can maintain our exact garnet PMS color for an extended amount of time!!

Anyway, JMHOFWIW while I'm driving in this d_mned Cola Traffic for the first time in several years!!! And as aggravating as traffic can be and is here in Cola., it ain't got shitte on Charlotte By Far!!!!!!!

Later

Gaim

The Spurs were added a couple of months ago. The banner on the building was replaced within the last month with the “correct color”…… garnet.

Well, I can certainly translate your collection of capital letters although they're not nice and not something I would say. Perhaps you have the gift of translation and can help me out with Solo's shit.

Well, I can certainly translate your collection of capital letters although they're not nice and not something I would say. Perhaps you have the gift of translation and can help me out with Solo's shit.
Oh I meant no actual insult w/ the KMA and the FOAD references!! Rather just an ironic reference, that's all!!!

Besides, JohnnySolo, from what I recall in regards to his previous posts in reference to previous subjects, is actually a pretty darned cool and Very Darned Awesome Poster on This Board, and possess just as wonderful a since of humor as any other poster on this board!!

Oh I meant no actual insult w/ the KMA and the FOAD references!! Rather just an ironic reference, that's all!!!

Besides, JohnnySolo, from what I recall in regards to his previous posts in reference to previous subjects, is actually a pretty darned cool and Very Darned Awesome Poster on This Board, and possess just as wonderful a since of humor as any other poster on this board!!
That's nice. So you can't translate that for me? I am a big fan of cool awesome humor.

Rumor is that they extended the sewers to come out at the visitor’s bench at WB.

The-Lizard-Man.png

Later

Gaim
Oh, hell, now you’ve brought out all the boards art critics 😖

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT