ADVERTISEMENT

Frost: Nebraska ready to play outside the B1G

Looks like they will have a lot of possible opponents to take them up on it....

I'm torn between pulling for Nebraska or Arizona St as my new team after almost 50 yrs. I always liked Nebraska's uni's as a kid and when they came to WB in the 80's I was there. We gave them a good game but just didn't have the horses to finish.

Arizona St - because at least their head coach knows "you play to win the game."

I don’t think it is Frost’s decision though. And the B1G doesn’t really need Nebraska with their average athletics program anyway. Unless Nebraska is sure Texas and OU would allow them back in the Big 12, they best not piss off those who control the B1G.

Everyone is speaking from an emotional standpoint right now but you hit the nail on the head with this. If you jump out on a limb away from your conference you best be prepared to join another conference permanently or become an independent. If Nebraska were to jump ship while others chose not to play, I doubt very seriously the conference would let them stay.

I don’t think it is Frost’s decision though. And the B1G doesn’t really need Nebraska with their average athletics program anyway. Unless Nebraska is sure Texas and OU would allow them back in the Big 12, they best not piss off those who control the B1G.

Ryan Day was asked if OSU would consider playing outside the B1G. He responded "we need to look at every option."

The B1G most certainly needs OSU.

Looks like they will have a lot of possible opponents to take them up on it....
Who would they play? The remaining Power 5 are playing only conference games. The MAC and UCONN already dropped out, ND is in the ACC. The WAC is about to drop and the IVY league and many FCS schools are calling it quits for the year. That leaves BYU and...

But a lot of coaches are ready to play now...

Don't be surprise if you see some conferences canceled college football this fall, some of these coaches will jump ship to other schools that end up playing this fall...

And if these president may cancel college basketball too this fall... Keep your eye on this...

These colleges need fans and big money donors to keep them afloat...

More jobs will be lost bu not playing this fall, the little guys from parking cars to all sorts of vendors... And that will take a bigger toll on the colleges, specially in small towns who need college football...

If the SEC plays, and the ACC doesn’t - look for Clem and FSU to join the SEC. the invitation has been extended.

Who would they play? The remaining Power 5 are playing only conference games. The MAC and UCONN already dropped out, ND is in the ACC. The WAC is about to drop and the IVY league and many FCS schools are calling it quits for the year. That leaves BYU and...

Yeah, I need to work on my sarcasm font usage....

This is an idle threat.
The Big10 just called Nebraska into the principals office.

B1G commissioner just shout that down, and if NU wants to think about leaving all they have to do is pony up 50 million. Ouch

Big Ten commissioner shoots down Nebraska’s hopes of playing outside conference this season

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-co...aska-after-critical-statements-023133028.html

I wonder how much Nebraska stands to lose if they don't play this year? Even if technically it's more, I don't think they get through a whole season (so I think projections would be off).

I wonder how much Nebraska stands to lose if they don't play this year? Even if technically it's more, I don't think they get through a whole season (so I think projections would be off).
Never make a big decision on just the here and now. Take into account long term consequences. Then decide.

But a lot of coaches are ready to play now...

Don't be surprise if you see some conferences canceled college football this fall, some of these coaches will jump ship to other schools that end up playing this fall...

More jobs will be lost bu not playing this fall, the little guys from parking cars to all sorts of vendors... And that will take a bigger toll on the colleges, specially in small towns who need college football...

I’m not sure how coaches are going to jump ship to other schools that end up playing, there has to be an opening. Now, once the season is over and some contracts are up for renewal, then it might be open season.

I agree, the financial ramifications on a lot of “little people” is going to be big. Lots of people depend on income from football. You also have to look at the impact on other men’s and women’s sports that depend on football income to support them.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Yep saw that coming. Nebraska has contracts in place and they violate them by playing they will pay that and probably be kicked to curb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT