ADVERTISEMENT

Funny watching these football games

They should have the resources to stay in their own bubbles while outside the building and on the field.

I'm also for them playing, if they choose to do so, because as a spectator it gives me something to watch.

Playing to an empty stadium is odd but I enjoy hearing the audibles and like the more raw broadcast. It will be interesting to see how the ratings do with all things considered.

with 22 people on the field , breathing, bleeding, snotting grabbing and laying on each other in a pile but you cant go sit in the stands and watch with a facemask on. Hilarious what they are doing to us.

That’s why they have extensive testing throughout each week. Rapid and consistent testing is the key. The NFL is certain to a very high level of probability that none of those players and coaches have it.

Hopefully the reports of a widely available test that has results in 15-minutes and only cost $5 are true. It could be a game changer moving forward. Then you could have fans tested in the parking lot and let them in after they’re clear.

Reactions: wcocat
Meanwhile my post asking how people would feel if we show up with political messages on our helmets is deleted in literally two minutes. So friggin done with this pc bs.

Reactions: redrogers
Well, they were tested. Why test then if you're going to compare teams to the general public?
Using the CDC-developed diagnostic test, a negative result means that the virus that causes COVID-19 was not found in the person’s sample. In the early stages of infection, it is possible the virus will not be detected.

I was watching the Redskins until I heard the players went inside for the national anthem but came out for the black national anthem. Nothing said about innocent officers being assassinated though.
I used to think I couldn't imagine life without sports, now I'm thinking I can't imagine watching any sports.

I was watching the Redskins until I heard the players went inside for the national anthem but came out for the black national anthem. Nothing said about innocent officers being assassinated though.
I used to think I couldn't imagine life without sports, now I'm thinking I can't imagine watching any sports.
I'm there. Just finding I don't need them. It's liberating.

And that's why I think they should not be playing at all.

So you don't believe that adults should be allowed to make their own decisions? Bottom line is that it is their life and their decision. Agree or disagree, we shouldn't get to tell other people what they can or can't do. TBH, if my son were playing, I'd be a lot more worried about CTE than COVID. At least there is a test for COVID and you are tested several times a week. You may suffer from CTE and not know it until it's too late.

Reactions: 01fatboy
So you don't believe that adults should be allowed to make their own decisions? Bottom line is that it is their life and their decision. Agree or disagree, we shouldn't get to tell other people what they can or can't do. TBH, if my son were playing, I'd be a lot more worried about CTE than COVID. At least there is a test for COVID and you are tested several times a week. You may suffer from CTE and not know it until it's too late.

Adults did make the decision. The teams/league/gov decided not to allow fans to enter their stadium. What you're really saying is you want to impose your wants on people who've decided they don't want you in their facility.

with 22 people on the field , breathing, bleeding, snotting grabbing and laying on each other in a pile but you cant go sit in the stands and watch with a facemask on. Hilarious what they are doing to us.
Yes, and can someone explain why the coaches are wearing masks during the game? Aren’t the coaches around the players all week? The masks seem to be a public relations prop........it’s comical.

Yes, and can someone explain why the coaches are wearing masks during the game? Aren’t the coaches around the players all week? The masks seem to be a public relations prop........it’s comical.
Not only are the masks PR BS, they're the kind that don't do anything. If you can breath easily through it, it's not an effective barrier. I guess maybe it's better than nothing, but only marginally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutal Rooster
Adults did make the decision. The teams/league/gov decided not to allow fans to enter their stadium. What you're really saying is you want to impose your wants on people who've decided they don't want you in their facility.

Keep up better if you are going to jump in. Feel free to join in, but please read what was said before you respond. Our conversation was about letting the players play, nothing about letting people in the stands. He said players should not be allowed to play, I disagreed because they should have the freedom of choice as adults. Maybe you looked at a different thread, not sure.

That’s why they have extensive testing throughout each week. Rapid and consistent testing is the key. The NFL is certain to a very high level of probability that none of those players and coaches have it.

Hopefully the reports of a widely available test that has results in 15-minutes and only cost $5 are true. It could be a game changer moving forward. Then you could have fans tested in the parking lot and let them in after they’re clear.
I like this solution far better than the prospects of mandatory vaccinations.

Keep up better if you are going to jump in. Feel free to join in, but please read what was said before you respond. Our conversation was about letting the players play, nothing about letting people in the stands. He said players should not be allowed to play, I disagreed because they should have the freedom of choice as adults. Maybe you looked at a different thread, not sure.

Go read the OP, you are 100% wrong. His post was griping about people not being allowed in the stands when players were breathing on each other in piles etc. The exact opposite of what you posted. You asked if adults should have freedom of choice. I answered that adults did make a choice. Does that freedom to chose also allow a school to refuse admittance into the stadium or even refusal to sanction the games at all, or is it reserved for the players and/or fans who want to go to the games. If administrators at a school make a decision that they don't want to sanction an event that brings 80,000 onto their campus in the middle of a pandemic should they have that freedom of choice? I mean they're adults, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock
The crowd noise in New Orleans-Tampa game was so late, it kept tricking me, thinking there was a fight or something. Play was dead 5 seconds, and play was small and didn't matter anyways then the crowd gets loud, LOL.

Then i remembered there was no crowd.

Go read the OP, you are 100% wrong. His post was griping about people not being allowed in the stands when players were breathing on each other in piles etc. The exact opposite of what you posted. You asked if adults should have freedom of choice. I answered that adults did make a choice. Does that freedom to chose also allow a school to refuse admittance into the stadium or even refusal to sanction the games at all, or is it reserved for the players and/or fans who want to go to the games. If administrators at a school make a decision that they don't want to sanction an event that brings 80,000 onto their campus in the middle of a pandemic should they have that freedom of choice? I mean they're adults, right?

Jeez dude, you still didn't read. READ what was said and who it was said to. READ. You again, didn't READ. I didn't reply to the OP. I replied to the guy that said the 22 guys shouldn't be on the field. You just took what I said and didn't even read who I replied to. I didn't say anything about people in the stands. I didn't reply to anyone who was talking about people in the stands. We are talking about players being able to play. If you aren't going to read the post that I replied to, don't jump in the conversation. It's a poor look when you aren't even talking about the same thing that me and that guy are talking about.

Reactions: 01fatboy
IMO, while it's true that one ideally should have the ability to conduct one's life 100% as one sees fit, we don't live in a vacuum, and thus need to take others into consideration.

Public institutions, such as the University of South Carolina, have to be concerned about liability should someone fall ill as a result of attending a function on campus. Balancing the desires of many school supporters with public health concerns is not an easy task.

It seems that these days that too many people are concerned about their "rights" and not enough about the responsibilities which are an integral part of our rights.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

You are right on rapid tests. This is what must happen to get sports and other live entertainment back closer to normal. . Not to mention schools.

He wasn't responding to the OP. How did you get that far into the conversation without following what came before?

This not a new concept. The government has been telling adults what they can and can't do since this country was established. Why do you think the Covid Pandemic would be any different?

Wasn’t it supposed to be by Easter of this year?
correct- it will be gone by April of 2020. That was the promise and I have the utmost faith in our leaders so I still believe it. Damn this has been a long March!

Fire Calvi!

I am going to get a rapid test done tomorrow... A girl I was hanging out with this weekend tested positive today... SMH! Can’t wait to get a Q tip shoved into my frontal lobe...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT