ADVERTISEMENT

Future College Ticket Prices

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
A Univ of Tn ticket vs USC in Knoxville in 1999 was $27.00 vs $65 for last Sat's.game in Columbia.

Based on the above single tickets in another short 19 years will be some $160.

Just a dose of reality this morning.........

$65's nothing. Did you see the price of the Georgia ticket? ($110) There's potential to be three $100+ home games next year with Bama, Clemson and Florida all on the home schedule.

The tater game hit $100 last year I believe. Alabama will be a high demand ticket next year, it's not often you get the #1 team coming into your house.

$65's nothing. Did you see the price of the Georgia ticket? ($110) There's potential to be three $100+ home games next year with Bama, Clemson and Florida all on the home schedule.

And I get them all for $200/ticket with the Young Alumni deal SmokinSmile

giphy.gif

Get out of the vacuum. Compare our prices with others. Others are not going down.

I’ll be going to Bama because I know my niece that just started there will want to go. Hope we pull the upset of the century

One big weekend of football travel, Tix, hotel, food, the money spent I can add another 60" flat screen to my house and two wknds I can get one of those 65" QLED Samsungs. And then I can go to the lake for half a day also. I think these great TVs, increases in ticket and travel cost is going to start backfiring in College football seasons soon. I think this is what caused the NFL and Nascar to nosedive so hard.

Reactions: robertfootball
I think the mandatory donation to the Longhorn Foundation this year was around $1,500-2,500 per ticket for sections 3/6 and $3,500-5,000/ ticket for sections 4/5 and that is just for the opportunity to then buy the tickets at face value. So for good seats between the 40 yards lines, it takes about $1,000 a ticket including the less desirable games. Even in bad years there are plenty of takers.

I think the mandatory donation to the Longhorn Foundation this year was around $1,500-2,500 per ticket for sections 3/6 and $3,500-5,000/ ticket for sections 4/5 and that is just for the opportunity to then buy the tickets at face value. So for good seats between the 40 yards lines, it takes about $1,000 a ticket including the less desirable games. Even in bad years there are plenty of takers.
It's a big state and a prosperous state. We are the poorest of the poor outside of Mississippi.

One big weekend of football travel, Tix, hotel, food, the money spent I can add another 60" flat screen to my house and two wknds I can get one of those 65" QLED Samsungs. And then I can go to the lake for half a day also. I think these great TVs, increases in ticket and travel cost is going to start backfiring in College football seasons soon. I think this is what caused the NFL and Nascar to nosedive so hard.
I look at it this way. For the total price spent going to one game these days (ticket, parking, gas, food, etc) I can easily cover a couple months worth of Dish Network bills. Really not a hard decision.

I look at it this way. For the total price spent going to one game these days (ticket, parking, gas, food, etc) I can easily cover a couple months worth of Dish Network bills. Really not a hard decision.
And it's a shame it's come down to this. It is rendering money spent earlier to expand stadiums as retroactively excessive, as well as eliminating many everyday people from the joys of attending college football games.

Reactions: uscalumni
And it's a shame it's come down to this. It is rendering money spent earlier to expand stadiums as retroactively excessive, as well as eliminating many everyday people from the joys of attending college football games.
It doesn't help when renovations are announced that cater to high dollar donors, when the average fan experience is sub par, at best, and has been for years.

Reactions: king ward
It doesn't help when renovations are announced that cater to high dollar donors, when the average fan experience is sub par, at best, and has been for years.
The easy things that need to be fixed aren't being fixed (bathrooms, more concessions, running out of food, etc).

A Univ of Tn ticket vs USC in Knoxville in 1999 was $27.00 vs $65 for last Sat's.game in Columbia.

Wait until the athletes get paid beyond the supplement they already get. Tickets prices will really take off then.

my 1st set of season tickets n mid 70's cost $56........$8 per ticket regardless of opponent.......'bout ruined my drawers when a fla/jawja ticket was $35.

Lots of empty seats across the country in college football these days. Loss of ticket sales revenue has been replaced by TV money! I've seen empty seats at UGA, AU, BAMA, CU, and even at the UF/UGA game last Saturday.

Lots of empty seats across the country in college football these days. Loss of ticket sales revenue has been replaced by TV money! I've seen empty seats at UGA, AU, BAMA, CU, and even at the UF/UGA game last Saturday.

those missin' ticket holders from jawja/fla game were later spotted floatin' n st johns river:)

Why pay that much for tickets, when you can watch it on TV, listen to the radio, find a link and etc....

It just not worth it...

Especially when your team isn’t very good. Trust me if we were where Klempson is I would feel differently. To compound it, it doesn’t feel like our administration is willing to put football first on the priority list. Sorry just don’t care about women’s cricket.

Why pay that much for tickets, when you can watch it on TV, listen to the radio, find a link and etc....

It just not worth it...

I have been a season tix holder for 39 years . I'll be glad to dump mine if the keep jacking it up. I'll just get baseball and basketball tix . We have a 65 Vizio that's just awesome

Especially when your team isn’t very good. Trust me if we were where Klempson is I would feel differently. To compound it, it doesn’t feel like our administration is willing to put football first on the priority list. Sorry just don’t care about women’s cricket.

I disagree, when we went 11-2 three years in a row, I went to the game maybe 3 or 4 times because I was offer free tickets... Other than that, just didn't go...

Too crowded, wasted a Saturday where I could do something, catch it on TV...

With Spurrier, you could a Carolina game on TV...

The number of home games i have missed over the last 30 years might fit on one hand. This year i have only been to the uga game. I have small children, less $ to spare on it, and i guess i am less tolerant of bad football. Lord knows i tolerated a lot of it and still went. Priorities change but also if I don’t sense the program being run effectively and no stone unturned then my commitment fades.

I have been a season tix holder for 39 years . I'll be glad to dump mine if the keep jacking it up. I'll just get baseball and basketball tix . We have a 65 Vizio that's just awesome

My father had season tickets for 30-40 years or so and his tickets were in section 7 right on teh 20-25 yard line they were great seats... He paid the min. of $150 for Gamecock level membership for two season tickets... When he passed away in 1997, I kept his season tickets and Gamecock Level for that year, but couldn't renew his membership, because they wouldn't transfer to a non-spouse...

We gave up the tickets...

So for the person who is sitting in Section 7, row 23 seats 9 & 10... I really hope you enjoy them as much as my father did...

Last edited:
Reactions: Noonoo-33
Not only is expensive now but man have they screwed up the traffic making it a huge pain to get out after games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT