ADVERTISEMENT

Future schedules

Sep 17, 2010
As a Gators fan, for the future three permanent games I want Georgia, South Carolina, and Auburn. I like geography and tradition. Those are the three closest SEC schools to Gainesville. Georgia and Auburn are historical rivals. We played Auburn for like 75 or so years straight before the 2012 conference rescheduling. South Carolina is regionally, geographically, culturally, topographically, politically, and climate similar to Northeast Florida. Plus I live in SC so being able to catch the Gators up here every other year is fine for me.

Who do you guys want for your permanent three?

As a Gators fan, for the future three permanent games I want Georgia, South Carolina, and Auburn. I like geography and tradition. Those are the three closest SEC schools to Gainesville. Georgia and Auburn are historical rivals. We played Auburn for like 75 or so years straight before the 2012 conference rescheduling. South Carolina is regionally, geographically, culturally, topographically, politically, and climate similar to Northeast Florida. Plus I live in SC so being able to catch the Gators up here every other year is fine for me.

Good conversation. I personally think Georgia, Florida and Tennessee would be the 3 we should get. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kentucky is swapped out for you guys. I’m sure the SEC wants Florida to have Georgia and now you’re down to 2. My guess would be Tennessee and LSU. Those are games I think the SEC wants to see continue annually.

Obviously the Spurrier and Muschamp connection has added some spice to our game over the years. Not to mention the fact that Billy Napier spent a lot of time in South Carolina and got rejected for the head coaching job here.

Good conversation. I personally think Georgia, Florida and Tennessee would be the 3 we should get. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kentucky is swapped out for you guys. I’m sure the SEC wants Florida to have Georgia and now you’re down to 2. My guess would be Tennessee and LSU. Those are games I think the SEC wants to see continue annually.

Obviously the Spurrier and Muschamp connection has added some spice to our game over the years. Not to mention the fact that Billy Napier spent a lot of time in South Carolina and got rejected for the head coaching job here.
Even though I love the annual LSU game and dislike their trash ass fans which adds to the spice of the rivalry, I don't think the Gators will get to retain them as a permanent going forward because there are other closer options for both teams. I think LSU might get aTm, Arky or Bama, and Miss St or Ole Miss as their three. If Gators don't get my preferred Uga, USC, Aubie, then they would get Uga, Tenn, LSU or Uga, Tenn, UK....but I hope not because UK is boring and is a far drive. Articles are mentioning OK as a permanent for UF but that doesn't excite me because they are far and there is no rivalry there so I don't want.

As a nonGamecock fan, I think USC should have Uga, Tenn, and UF as their permanents but that's probable not going to happen. That would work for me and also, those are the three closest SEC schools geographically to Columbia I think.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

I love the idea but the reality is that the road to Atlanta is hard enough without picking up Auburn. We are stuck with UGA and UF so that requires talent and luck and no injuries. Clemson has the perfect plan. Easy pathway with no injuries and a chance to run the table in the playoff. I would add Ole Miss before Auburn. Not Texas A&M, MSU, or Bama.

Permanent opponents will come from the other division. Right? Our current "permanent" game now is Texas A&M.

Food for thought: what about a 4 division conference after we add Texas and OU. Then all 4 division winners get a playoff berth. No other conference could justify a similar setup. Do away with Atlanta.

Permanent opponents will come from the other division. Right? Our current "permanent" game now is Texas A&M.

Food for thought: what about a 4 division conference after we add Texas and OU. Then all 4 division winners get a playoff berth. No other conference could justify a similar setup. Do away with Atlanta.
One area the ACC got it right is in scrapping divisions. I’d like to see us do the same and just let the two best teams go at it. Would have to have tiebreaker scenarios well thought out but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Even though I love the annual LSU game and dislike their trash ass fans which adds to the spice of the rivalry, I don't think the Gators will get to retain them as a permanent going forward because there are other closer options for both teams. I think LSU might get aTm, Arky or Bama, and Miss St or Ole Miss as their three. If Gators don't get my preferred Uga, USC, Aubie, then they would get Uga, Tenn, LSU or Uga, Tenn, UK....but I hope not because UK is boring and is a far drive. Articles are mentioning OK as a permanent for UF but that doesn't excite me because they are far and there is no rivalry there so I don't want.

As a nonGamecock fan, I think USC should have Uga, Tenn, and UF as their permanents but that's probable not going to happen. That would work for me and also, those are the three closest SEC schools geographically to Columbia I think.
Kentucky is going to get someone and no one really fits with them. I can see them getting Vandy and Tennessee, but I have no clue who that 3rd team would be. Kentucky and Tennessee is an underrated rivalry, but Tennessee has many others as well.

If Vandy & Tennessee were in the same division and Kentucky got a permanent opponent from elsewhere I would have no clue who would be a fix for Kentucky. They are an outlier that’s for sure.

To me without seeing divisions Florida is going to play Georgia and Tennessee every year. The conference will protect that. I just see each team having to give a little on scheduling to accommodate a mega conference. That’s where I think South Carolina and Florida may be on the chopping block. But I’d like to maintain the rivalry with the Gators.

UGA, UT, Vandy ( for obvious reasons).
I would miss playing UF but geographically we are closer to uga and ut…..vandy is to help soften the schedule since we play Clemson ooc.

Where in SC is North Jersey? I know South Ohio is also sometimes known as "Hilton Head" but I don't know where NJ is located.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT