ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, Finebaum and John Adams (writer for Knoxville Newspaper) both just said there is no way

Did they explain why?

Not really but just basically said the UT job would be better. Finebaum said Freeze was interviewed by him several years ago and Freeze told him he and his wife were driving by Neyland many years ago and Freeze told his wife wouldn't it be wonderful if he could ever be the coach for the Vols. Basically that was what was said in so many words.

I do not care if he is interested in the SC job or not. I just do not see where they think the Tennessee job is so much better. I know UT has a tradition of winning and we do not. A winning history is a source of pride but not much else. We can pay a coach as much as UT can. We have as good or better facilities. Tennessee's stadium is old and showing its age. In the past dozen seasons Tennessee's record is 75-75, South Carolina's record is 92-63.

They may revive the "death penalty" for any school who would hire him knowing of his past.
giphy.gif

I’m still wondering why there are so many people who believe he is a serious candidate after his stint at Ole Miss and the fact SC now employs the former president of West Point. Not a stab at the OP at all, but Freeze was probably never a serious option.

Reactions: Flameout12
I do not care if he is interested in the SC job or not. I just do not see where they think the Tennessee job is so much better. I know UT has a tradition of winning and we do not. A winning history is a source of pride but not much else. We can pay a coach as much as UT can. We have as good or better facilities. Tennessee's stadium is old and showing its age. In the past dozen seasons Tennessee's record is 75-75, South Carolina's record is 92-63.

I didn't know we were that much better. Well, you have to remember Finebaum is a UT grad and John Adams is a sports writer for the Knoxville Newspaper.

To quote a Finebaum caller from a few weeks ago "Neyland Stadium looks like a dump truck convention is taking place there.

I didn't know we were that much better. Well, you have to remember Finebaum is a UT grad and John Adams is a sports writer for the Knoxville Newspaper.

To quote a Finebaum caller from a few weeks ago "Neyland Stadium looks like a dump truck convention is taking place there.
You can thank Steve Spurrier for that record.

I’m still wondering why there are so many people who believe he is a serious candidate after his stint at Ole Miss and the fact SC now employs the former president of West Point. Not a stab at the OP at all, but Freeze was probably never a serious option.
Dunno....

He's a grad but not a fan. Think Phil Kornblutt.
How do you know he is no longer a fan of his alma mater? Why wouldnt he be? I know on his show he tries to not display any bias, but that is obviously just for his show.

Wow

He's a grad but not a fan. Think Phil Kornblutt.
Paul seems to be more of an Alabama fan, but I see your point. My Gamecock friends call Kornblut tiger Phil. My clemtech friends call him Korncoot 😂. I visit his site to keep up with recruiting. That seems to be Phil’s forte.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT