ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, Finebaum and John Adams (writer for Knoxville Newspaper) both just said there is no way

I do not care if he is interested in the SC job or not. I just do not see where they think the Tennessee job is so much better. I know UT has a tradition of winning and we do not. A winning history is a source of pride but not much else. We can pay a coach as much as UT can. We have as good or better facilities. Tennessee's stadium is old and showing its age. In the past dozen seasons Tennessee's record is 75-75, South Carolina's record is 92-63.

Damn! I love this ^^^^ post!

How do you know he is no longer a fan of his alma mater? Why wouldnt he be? I know on his show he tries to not display any bias, but that is obviously just for his show.
I haven't listened to him recently. I don't even know where to find him, but I listened to him for years on the old SportsTalk program. He always seemed enamored of UPC to me, and I'm not the only one who had that impression. I think he likes the glow of a winner.

I do not care if he is interested in the SC job or not. I just do not see where they think the Tennessee job is so much better. I know UT has a tradition of winning and we do not. A winning history is a source of pride but not much else. We can pay a coach as much as UT can. We have as good or better facilities. Tennessee's stadium is old and showing its age. In the past dozen seasons Tennessee's record is 75-75, South Carolina's record is 92-63.
You are not wrong... a decade ago UT was a much better job. Today... Not so much!

Sitting here pondering why Finebaum thinks the Tennessee job is so much better. Then it came to me. Finebaum is a Tennessee grad.
He hates South Carolina. Said Clowney would never be good in the Pros. Tanner went after him not to get the SEC
Network job. That's one that I wish Tanner had won. Finebaum has been a "bomb" since his Atlanta days. He's got to be the ugliest announcer on TV. He's one of those guys who thinks he is smarter than everybody else. Looks to me like he could never play a sport. Would be the last guy picked for any playground game.

I believe Tennessee demands a successful football program. South Carolina hopes for a successful football program.
They been dreaming and demanding I guess. Gruden lol now freeze I’m not sure fat Phil wants anyone that might be better than him I think he might want to steal the job again

He hates South Carolina. Said Clowney would never be good in the Pros. Tanner went after him not to get the SEC
Network job. That's one that I wish Tanner had won. Finebaum has been a "bomb" since his Atlanta days. He's got to be the ugliest announcer on TV. He's one of those guys who thinks he is smarter than everybody else. Looks to me like he could never play a sport. Would be the last guy picked for any playground game.
Chess club maybe

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
Lots of posts not worth reading because I only have one thought...

If this is true, then F him. Move on...

Not really but just basically said the UT job would be better. Finebaum said Freeze was interviewed by him several years ago and Freeze told him he and his wife were driving by Neyland many years ago and Freeze told his wife wouldn't it be wonderful if he could ever be the coach for the Vols. Basically that was what was said in so many words.
I guess he forgot the part about them being crazy and having unrealistic expectations. UT fans are like a guy with 2 inches of manhood and an overdrawn account who expects to be banging supermodels.

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Dissagre.

I guess he forgot the part about them being crazy and having unrealistic expectations. UT fans are like a guy with 2 inches of manhood and an overdrawn account who expects to be banging supermodels.

Never heard that before but I know a lot of guys that fit that description. LOL!

If he’s learned how to do it better.... ;)
Don't tell me he met the Illustrious Potentate Dabo in secret meetings in the dead of the night with mysterious sanctimony, in accordance with prescribed rituals of time honored ceremony where matters of grave concern were weighed with dedicated caution.

Maybe not a much better job but it is a better job
UT has more historic success than us... Virtually ancient history in the eyes of most of today’s recruits, but it exists. I cannot say with confidence what besides that truly makes their job better than ours today. Virtually identical records this season. We have a better overall record over the past 15 years or so... Their stadium is a little bigger, ours is a little nicer/newer... Facilities are similar overall, perhaps ours are better at this point.. Knoxville is no better than Cola, I have been there.. Both have rabid fan bases with perhaps over inflated expectations. Both have SEC money. Are their boosters richer than ours? Deeper pockets? Perhaps... I have to say though we surprised with the firing of Muschamp I thought his buyout would be prohibitive to us making that move and paying for a new staff. We made the move mid season during this pandemic.. Our pockets are plenty deep...

Someone please, explain what advantages they have over us. None of great substance beyond history that dates back decades ago before any HS recruit was alive/ paying attention to FB.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Never heard that before but I know a lot of guys that fit that description. LOL!
It's not really an expression. That's just how I could explain what I see in them. Remember their last coaching search? I think they got their 7th pick. They are kind of like the Nebraska of the SEC. If you watched them in the 1990s they were really something, but now they have spent too long basking in past glory and they believe the press clippings. (The possible difference being that I don't think Nebraska will ever be that level of good again and it's possible that UT could.)

It's hilarious some folks are convinced that one of the hottest head coaches in the US, who just had to claw his way back into relevance because of a huge scandal at his former stop, would risk the career he just fought to resurrect to come to a coaching graveyard like SC. Lou and SOS have spoiled us, we think we can just go hire anybody lol.

Fat Phil should just fire JP and make himself King ummm I mean HC again. That way if he flops he can fire himself.

You answered your own comment. Tradition. SC has none UT has plenty.

He has always hated USC that's for sure.

even though UT has been struggling the last few years, even worse than us at times, they are still a National Brand thats why Freeze would rather be there.

You answered your own comment. Tradition. SC has none UT has plenty.
I do not believe today the Tennessee job is better than the South Carolina job. We can match anything UT can offer a coach or recruit. Aside from Tennessee, tradition isn't helping several teams in college football today, Nebraska, Penn ST, and FSU. Is this due to poor coaching? Perhaps tradition isn't luring the recruits.

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Fulmer would tell Freeze to bring the hookers with him

ADVERTISEMENT