ADVERTISEMENT

Game Cancelled

As mentioned on the other thread, key word is cancelled. Not postponed. So will be interesting to see if that was intentional or not and what will happen if we have 5 wins heading into final few weeks of the season.

We all knew this was inevitable, it is the right call

Yep, and quite frankly, if there was a game on the schedule that was going to get cancelled, I’m glad it was this one. Any SEC game and probably the Clemson game would be played regardless (rescheduled). We need the other two wins with Coastal and Chattanooga. Not much to gain in this tricky matchup.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Heath Cline just mentioned we would try to schedule a 12th game later in the season.

I don’t think you can blame anyone but Mother nature for this one. The storm was supposed to go north of us for the longest time then within the past 24hours the Euro model has it hitting SC directly.

Do we still have to pay Marshall?

No there is an insurance policy the conference has that pays us according to our people up here.

Was looking forward to the game but eveyoeve stay safe. I'm sure we will schedule again at some point.

They have already been talking about us adding another game on our off week possibly against ECU or UCF.

Then why is clempson playing ?

Have they played yet? That will be cancelled too. Also, Columbia is closer to the coast than Pickens County. No doubt sends theirs..whether the county sends theirs or not I don’t know.

I mean...this has been talked about extensively in previous instances. It’s the reason the game 2 years ago wasn’t moved to LSU. The weather was fine on that Saturday. It was the flooding that had first responders, water shortages, etc...that kept the game from being played.

No there is an insurance policy the conference has that pays us according to our people up here.

Was looking forward to the game but eveyoeve stay safe. I'm sure we will schedule again at some point.

They have already been talking about us adding another game on our off week possibly against ECU or UCF.
there will be a number of teams in the southeast with a similar problem

there is no need for hysteria, even here, where it's a daily routine

good luck with florence

be safe

go cocks!

They changed it to12:00 noon .

Not sure what they are thinking. The storm won’t hit that area until later so they will get it in I suppose. Again, not my call whether or not to send responders. But it’s the right thing to do.

Well, after the last game, maybe this cancellation isn't so bad. Our coaches and players can do a little soul searching.

Honestly I think it’s a little irresponsible for Clemson to host a game when their own state is about to get hammered by a hurricane. The amount of water consumed alone could make a huge impact in the aid of those on the coast who will go days without water supply.

Of course this is the school that takes any opportunity to trash it’s own State Capital because their rival’s school is located there.

I still won’t be shocked if that game isn’t eventuall cancelled. They are putting a lot of people’s safety at risk by asking them to come out to a game.

I don’t think you can blame anyone but Mother nature for this one. The storm was supposed to go north of us for the longest time then within the past 24hours the Euro model has it hitting SC directly.
The Euro model is put together by a bunch of Commies! Trust American. Listen to JR Berry on Wltx channel 19. Just sayin....

Actually less major hurricanes in the last 20 years than the previous 20. But all of the climate change talk is big business for the likes of Al Gore, etc., Who continually line their pockets and fly around in private jeta as their minions fall for every word they say.
Yep. There was a hurricane back in 1954 that makes this one look like child's play. Storm of a lifetime by butt.

Are there more hurricanes than before???

No, not necessarily. It's not the amount of storms --- it's the intensity. Storms are more powerful now --- they bring more rain due to warming air and sea surface temperatures. Plus, as sea level rises, the potential for damage increases.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Actually less major hurricanes in the last 20 years than the previous 20. But all of the climate change talk is big business for the likes of Al Gore, etc., Who continually line their pockets and fly around in private jeta as their minions fall for every word they say.

You should actually turn off Hannity and think for yourself. Do your own research. Talk to real people instead of yelling at libs on twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT