ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread! UNC VS USC

One does have to wonder how we'll fare against decent SEC teams if this is how we looked against a weak asheshe team, with a terrible defense and no Oline.

At least we have hope to outscore some people, now that Satterfield is gone.

O line can’t be fixed. D line couldn’t get pressure. Spencer looks great. And I don’t blame him for throwing it up to get picked. No RB 5-7 wins max. Sucks

This is a 2 or 3 win team at best.

For the LOVE of GOD do not let Ray Tanner TOUCH another H/C hire in football again. It’s early in the season. But We look like the the worst team in the SEC so far.

This is a 2 or 3 win team at best.

For the LOVE of GOD do not let Ray Tanner TOUCH another H/C hire in football again. It’s early in the season. But We look like the the worst team in the SEC so far.

We have two patsies and vandy, three wins is the floor for any team with a pulse.

One does have to wonder how we'll fare against decent SEC teams if this is how we looked against a weak asheshe team, with a terrible defense and no Oline.

At least we have hope to outscore some people, now that Satterfield is gone.
outscore people!?! We just put up 17 against one of the worst d's in power 5... a team playing without it's starting cb's. Loggains might make us reminisce on the satterfield days.

How many time we throw short on 4th down?
It's hard to throw long when the QB is scrambling for his life or on his back. One of the worst offensive line performances I have ever seen from the Cocks. 5 on 3 and they are bull rushed and back peddling.

outscore people!?! We just put up 17 against one of the worst d's in power 5... a team playing without it's starting cb's. Loggains might make us reminisce on the satterfield days.
There was a little bit of sarcasm there.

We fired a moron offensive coordinator, and it looks like we went out to prove we could find someone just as bad.

I'll give the new guy a chance to make some sort of adjustments, but I have doubts. He was hired despite a pretty bad history. The OC we should have hired is in Clemson right now.

There was a little bit of sarcasm there.

We fired a moron offensive coordinator, and it looks like we went out to prove we could find someone just as bad.

I'll give the new guy a chance to make some sort of adjustments, but I have doubts. He was hired despite a pretty bad history. The OC we should have hired is in Clemson right now.
That seems like a stretch. You have to be realistic. Why would Riley choose South Carolina over Clemson? Clemson is top 5 in talent and play in a weak ACC so they only have to get up for 2-3 games a year to make the playoffs. Last year, they were one or two Big Stinko plays from going to the playoffs again. They also pay their coaches more and are always in the news (especially if they beat FSU in a few weeks and move into the top 5 or so) so a coordinator who wants to HC at a top program will get more exposure.

That said, I agree with the rest (though I'm not giving up on DL). Briles or Kittley were more gettable and were more proven. Kittley would have been easy to get and his offense would work well with South Carolina's personnel.

That seems like a stretch. You have to be realistic. Why would Riley choose South Carolina over Clemson? Clemson is top 5 in talent and play in a weak ACC so they only have to get up for 2-3 games a year to make the playoffs. Last year, they were one or two Big Stinko plays from going to the playoffs again. They also pay their coaches more and are always in the news (especially if they beat FSU in a few weeks and move into the top 5 or so) so a coordinator who wants to HC at a top program will get more exposure.

That said, I agree with the rest (though I'm not giving up on DL). Briles or Kittley were more gettable and were more proven. Kittley would have been easy to get and his offense would work well with South Carolina's personnel.

I agree on the OC. There were rumors he was ours, or close to, on some Insiders boards. But I wonder how true that was.

The Clemson gig is definitely an easier stepping stone.

But I refuse to believe our position is such that "the worst playcaller in the nfl" is our best option. Surely we can go after a coach at a smaller school that has a pulse? Some aggressive coach that wants to prove himself in the SEC.

I agree on the OC. There were rumors he was ours, or close to, on some Insiders boards. But I wonder how true that was.

The Clemson gig is definitely an easier stepping stone.

But I refuse to believe our position is such that "the worst playcaller in the nfl" is our best option. Surely we can go after a coach at a smaller school that has a pulse? Some aggressive coach that wants to prove himself in the SEC.
Beamer keeps hiring his buddies and the results stay the same. Go figure…

Reactions: Lurker123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT