ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread. USC/ UNC..

I like CWM as a person but with every chapter the story becomes more clear.
Time to sell that lake Murray home!

It is Bentley, but what worries me the most is muschamp doesn't change a thing ever, keeps doing the same shit over and over
This loss is very similar to the loss to Florida. We had a 4th and short after we were shown we could not stop them. Muschamp would not gamble to get the first down. Also, our running game is just as bad as last year, but surely Bently could have tried a pass play for a couple of yards?

I realize I am armchair QBing, but gee we are bad. We have good players, but not good coaching.

Reactions: nc38
GAWD, UNC even has a total screw up by taking a knee instead of kicking a punt, and then we .....
Never mind, I can't go on with this.
I'm now going to sip on some Basil Hayden, put on some nice jazz and salvage my evening.
Good night all

Reactions: ACT ONE
Felt like multiple dental extractions,no anesthesia.Won’t spend 3 1/2
hours again anytime soon watching this pathetic crew.Anyone still worried about Clemson,Georgia being superior?Ha!Get your head around Virginia,UNC owning us.And Muschamp makes how many million $’s/year? Back to the bad old days of Gamecock football.”My Carolina” indeed.

Reactions: nc38
The look on Muschamp's face as he meet Mack Brown told the whole story: "I am not a D-I head coach."
Honestly, he really did have a lot of a “dead man walking” look. The kneel at the half, and the punt from inside the NC 40, indicated the staff has no trust in the players.

Reactions: howard13
NC o line got after blocks. Our defensive scheme is vanilla at best. Receivers not named Shi cant get separation. Our rpo is simply a handoff. And for Bentley not to heave the ball to the end zone is inexcusable

I said he made bad throws but when the oline can’t block, the defense can’t tackle, the defense can’t defend the pass, the coaches can’t figure out that only one RB can go forward I just dont think anything would change with another QB. Best hope at this point is Muschamp moves on and a new coach gets to work with Hilinski.

Bentley hits a simple pass to Shi Smith and South Carolina wins this game. He over threw an open Bryan Edwards many times. He made terrible RPO reads. He flat out is reason they lost this game.

Didn’t think I’d ever look back fondly on Sparky Woods but Muschamp has made that possible.

Reactions: howard13
Summer hype wins again. You could see it gradually gain momentum just like every year. And most everyone bites on it.
And if he stays by next August 15th some will predict 8-9 wins again. Will isn’t the guy who can walk in that locker room right now and convince guys we are winners going forward.
He’s a coordinator in the press box. NOT a head coach!
But of course we had to be the ones to try him again!

Bentley is and always will be one of us, but something needs to change. It’s just how football should be.

Bentley hits a simple pass to Shi Smith and South Carolina wins this game. He over threw an open Bryan Edwards many times. He made terrible RPO reads. He flat out is reason they lost this game.
Bad, yep. Terrible, check that box. You’d hope you could put the game on the shoulders of a fourth year QB and at least have a fighting chance.

But again, I don’t think this staff instills the belief that they believe in the kids. The staff can’t stay out of their own way.

Now we will hear about how we had so many turnovers and you cant win the game with turnovers blah blah blah. Instead of just saying - i failed as a coach -

Last edited:
Feel like we are back to the 90’s with this program. Good luck with a winning season. Bama tix for sale. Name your price.

He’s not but he certainly didn’t do anything special to overcome all of the other problems. Tom Brady couldn’t do anything with this staff around him.

To be honest with everyone - I believed we would win this game but I am sitting here not shocked by the loss -

as bad as the team played - with a college team you gotta put most of the blame on the coaches and staff. tanner needs to make some changes. i was giving champ and tanner the benefit of the doubt - but they need to go. this is ridiculous. we need to make a change and it needs to start with the coaches/leaders of this program

Feel like we are back to the 90’s with this program. Good luck with a winning season. Bama tix for sale. Name your price.
Nah. In the 90s the team was new to the SEC and still trying to find their way. 30 years later we shouldn’t still look like a D2 program with a D3 coaching staff.

He’s not but he certainly didn’t do anything special to overcome all of the other problems. Tom Brady couldn’t do anything with this staff around him.

Jesus man. You can find Thousands of people in this world who could have easily made that simple throw to Shi Smith to win the game. Could not have been easier. Wide open guy, middle of the field, clean pocket. The guy just sucks at throwing a football with any consistency. Defending his performance is absurd.

Can anyone honestly say this team has played better under our current coaching staff in the last four years? The quarterback roles looked reversed today on the field...one playing like a senior and one playing like it was his first game out of high school. Our defense is again soft against the run and pass having allowed two drives in excess of ninety yards in the game. Our offensive line, as big as they are, seem unable or unwilling to move anyone out of the way to create running lanes for the running backs. We seem to have no deep ball threat at wide receiver this year and for someone that came here claiming he can recruit...I just do not see the depth at that position. A long year just got to be a very long year for our ever suffering fan base. Our head coach proved he could not win at Florida but in their wisdom someone somehow believed he could win here...at a school that have never won an SEC Championship in the sport called football. Perhaps this will be the year our coach looks into the camera and says "I just don't have what it takes to be a head football coach. I am offering my resignation and returning my salary to the university. It is only fair as the long suffering fans from USC deserve better."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT