ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread vs Duke: 4-2 Carolina wins!

They hit good enough today, did they not?
I hope no one was satisfied with that performance today. It's ok to be happy with the win, but UNC-W scored 11 runs on them yesterday, against what I presume was a better pitcher than the one they put on the mound today. For almost 8 entire innings, one pitcher had us shutdown for all but two runs, and then we finally got the winning run in the T9th. This team has some SERIOUS issue in the batters box, with every aspect of hitting and bunting. If this doesn't send a message to CH to make some coaching staff changes after this is over with, then he's a lot denser/dumber than I ever imagined.

I hope no one was satisfied with that performance today. It's ok to be happy with the win, but UNC-W scored 11 runs on them yesterday, against what I presume was a better pitcher than the one they put on the mound today. For almost 8 entire innings, one pitcher had us shutdown for all but two runs, and then we finally got the winning run in the T9th. This team has some SERIOUS issue in the batters box, with every aspect of hitting and bunting. If this doesn't send a message to CH to make some coaching staff changes after this is over with, then he's a lot denser/dumber than I ever imagined.

Spot on!!!

We were lucky to win this game with lack of hitting and baserunner blunders...

Sammy!!! WTF were you think at 3rd???

Chad!!! WTF were you thinking asking Alex to bunt????

What's going on with our starting pitching????

Brian!!!! WTF are doing with our hitters?????

Ball Boys!!! WTF??? Where are the Bat Girls?????

Last edited:
Spot on!!!

Sammy!!! WTF were you think at 3rd???

Ball Boys!!! WFT??? Where are the Bat Girls?????
Esposito had to have taken his eye off the third baseman...and just waived the runner on in.

Last edited:
What about last night? What about Hoover? Great job, they needed a clutch hit in the 9th inning of an elimination game.
And they got it. Why is that a bad thing for you?

Why can you not realize that the regular season and the SEC tournament are over, and none of that matters now.
We're in THE tournament, and we're still playing. That's all that matters. And fans should pull for their team WHILE THEIR STILL PLAYING and not appear angry when they win.

Then again the only time you post is when your angry or complaining, so...

Spot on!!!
Are you British?
Bottom line is we score more runs. The other stats don't determine the winner. That's baseball.
Sammy!!! WTF were you think at 3rd?
No argument...SE needs to go. He's a good recruiter but as shitty of a base coach as I've ever seen.
Right situation to bunt, but wrong player. A good batting coach would have all players able to lay down a bunt when you should. But AD can't, and CCH shouldn't have tried it.
You mean the freshman that will be pitching for a major league team next year and the one that blew up a lot of teams and helped us get to the point we are? Yeah, he struggled today the 2nd time through the order. But re-read the 4th word in this response.
Well it might appear he is struggling, but the team overall is hitting better than last year. He's young but he can't fix everything with every player in one year. He needs more freshman and time to work with them, as anyone would.
Ball Boys!!! WTF??? Where are the Bat Girls?????
Some feel America is still great and there is no reason to feel we should go back to the way things were. I say they're wrong :)

That's even worse...you have to know where the third basemen fielded the ball to be able to instruct the runner.
Bottom line is he gambled, in a situation that he didn't need to.

Reminded me of a youth tournament league coach I coached against (14-15 y/o's) that coached 3rd and would always run the baseline with runners rounding (ala Jackleg). It was amazing how many times he would be running with a kid and try to turn him around halfway down the base line. And every time he got a kid put out he would blast the kid for not listening to him.

I think Sammy has good coaching qualities, but a base coach he is not...imo. At least not at the SEC level and he's proven it time after time.

my wife bought me a foam brick.....you guys should try it.....serenity now!!!!!....im going to need a new one shortly
I decided years ago I will never buy another plasma flat screen TV. Pitched my remote during a football game right in to the screen that left a permanent scar, and heard about it for years because I went and bought a new 60" LED.
Funny you posted though. I remember my wife buying me a sponge and telling me to keep it beside the recliner when I watched football!

Reactions: Out of Conference
I decided years ago I will never buy another plasma flat screen TV. Pitched my remote during a football game right in to the screen that left a permanent scar, and heard about it for years because I went and bought a new 60" LED.
Funny you posted though. I remember my wife buying me a sponge and telling me to keep it beside the recliner when I watched football!
its very theraputic....i have a real foam brick....looks like the real thing....women never understand, but they are patient.....thank god for that or i would have been put on the curb years ago

its very theraputic....i have a real foam brick....looks like the real thing....women never understand, but they are patient.....thank god for that or i would have been put on the curb years ago
IDK, my wife is/was a huge Steelers and Pirates fan, and back in the day she would throw a few things too in the heat of battle.
Thank God we have both mellowed since then. There were plenty of times that I wanted to throw her throw the TV :D

Reactions: Out of Conference
IDK, my wife is/was a huge Steelers and Pirates fan, and back in the day she would throw a few things too in the heat of battle.
Thank God we have both mellowed since then. There were plenty of times that I wanted to throw her throw the TV :D
dont let her know that....lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT