ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread......

We've got some clueless defensive and offensive players on this team.

The good news is Holloman, Zandi, and Moody have no more eligibility. All 3 were liabilities tonight.

Looking forward to seeing what the young guys can do in the future.

Wasn't looking pretty all game but helluva comeback from our boys. Despite the loss I'm happy that we went out strong rather than losing in another blowout. Here's to next year.

Wasn't looking pretty all game but helluva comeback from our boys. Despite the loss I'm happy that we went out strong rather than losing in another blowout. Here's to next year.
Wow. What a loser mentality. It was South Friggin' Floriduh. I dont care how many of you make them out to be this powerhouse of a football team, we should have beat the wheels off of them. We are a terrible, pathetic football team and Kurt Roper is an idiot.

Reactions: Brace1
You guys are really tough on yourselves. That was a hell of a comeback. Bentley had a great game in spite of the interceptions. You may have another Connor Shaw, though I hope not.

Reactions: Brace1
Dang it, boy! Entertaining game, hate we lost. A lot of 'ifs' but I wish we would've tried FG in 1st half.
GO COCKS!

Ultimately the 2 fumbles only cost a few minutes as we got the ball back and scored anyway....the pick 6 was the ultimate diff.

Wow. What a loser mentality. It was South Friggin' Floriduh. I dont care how many of you make them out to be this powerhouse of a football team, we should have beat the wheels off of them. We are a terrible, pathetic football team and Kurt Roper is an idiot.
We ain't beatin the wheels off if anyone. Didn't against WCU either. The current reality and where we should be is wide as the Grand Canyon

Not convinced Roper is the man, but you can hardly complain when you score 39. You score 39, you should win every time. Even with turnovers deep in your opponent's territory. Today showed what we already knew, we are bad upfront on both sides if the ball. Some were blaming the scheme...when you rush 3 and drop 8 and they still get behind you, that is on the players. Middle school is taught in zone your safeties must be deeper than the deepest receiver. Same for their TD in OT...can't let receivers behind you in anything other than cover zero (not that that is good either, there is no safety help).

We dug ourselves a hole to start the game and played from behind the whole game. They never laid down though, even down by 18 they continued to fight. If you would have told me before the game that we'd give up 46 points and have 5 turnovers I would have thought we'd lose by at least 20. Flowers was as good as advertised. There were times where I thought the defense played well but he just made some spectacular plays. He made some throws after scrambling and running that were pretty amazing. Jake started slow but played very well with the exception of the 2 picks. The offensive line continued to play poorly. Glad Zandi is graduating. The late hit out of bounds was just stupid. We had a shot to tie it up in overtime with a good throw to Edwards but unfortunately he and the DB got their feet tangled and he went down. That hurt because the throw was right there. I can't help but feel we let one get away.

The good news is Holloman, Zandi, and Moody have no more eligibility. All 3 were liabilities tonight.

Looking forward to seeing what the young guys can do in the future.
Unfortunately there are some major liabilities on defense and offense returning.

Not convinced Roper is the man, but you can hardly complain when you score 39. You score 39, you should win every time. Even with turnovers deep in your opponent's territory. Today showed what we already knew, we are bad upfront on both sides if the ball. Some were blaming the scheme...when you rush 3 and drop 8 and they still get behind you, that is on the players. Middle school is taught in zone your safeties must be deeper than the deepest receiver. Same for their TD in OT...can't let receivers behind you in anything other than cover zero (not that that is good either, there is no safety help).

I can name a lot of teams that score 39 and lost. List the teams with 5 turnovers including a pick 6 that won.

I'm not gonna look it up but I think the first tater pass after halftime was a pick 6 against Louisville. Also same with nc state.

Louisville game it wasn't returned. It was a diving interception off a tipped ball (though Louisville scored later). NC State game was 4 turnovers.

Louisville game it wasn't returned. It was a diving interception off a tipped ball (though Louisville scored later). NC State game was 4 turnovers.
Okay, picked deep in Clemson territory and a quick TD offensively in it. Basically the same as a pick 6 but technically bob was right then. Sorry I'm not a tater expert.

Okay, picked deep in Clemson territory and a quick TD offensively in it. Basically the same as a pick 6 but technically bob was right then. Sorry I'm not a tater expert.

Louisville returned that INT to the Clemson 36. USF returned one of our other turnovers to the USC 46. Only ten yards difference. Both Louisville and USF scored in exactly 7 plays after that. So, by that logic, we basically had the same a 2 pick sixes. One actual pick 6 and one INT that was basically the same.

Turnovers that lead to scoring drives are bad. Turnovers that lead to immediate scores are terrible. We had both in this game. One turnover on downs inside your own 20. Bad. THREE fumbles inside your own 10 yard line. Horrendous. We had all that in this game.

Very few teams could survive this against a team with a very good QB and offense. Should have been 53-32 or 60-32.

Bob despite the turnovers, and I know they were terrible, how can you continue to give the D a pass when they get hurt twice on situations where they flat out blow coverage? No, the O doesn't get a pass. They scored enough to win but left some points. But the D shouldn't get a pass either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT