ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread......

Gotta try to turn them over...Gamecocks are going to have an extremely hard time scoring in the half court offense tonight. Hanging in there because of their defense...

They are going to leave everyone else open and surround Thornwell with 3-4 guys...big shot by Notice.

if we hit 35 percent of our shots, we would be ahead.....when we turn them over we have to push it harder to the basket....we cant play half court with them

Wonder what the score would be if we occasionally tried a different offensive strategy than heaving it wildly from half court.

Really playing hard...7 point game all because of effort and heart. They might run out of gas and the game might get away from them, and you can't blame 'em. But if they hit a couple of shots early in the 2nd, look out.

Really playing hard...7 point game all because of effort and heart. They might run out of gas and the game might get away from them, and you can't blame 'em. But if they hit a couple of shots early in the 2nd, look out.
all we have to do is shoot 40% in the second half and we may win

Reactions: USC1832
Duke is playing a defense specifically designed to make them shoot three pointers. Can't even get the ball to Thornwell because there's three guys around him.
No doubt, Dook is forcing the 3s, but feels like there's a bit of panic, too. Still, they're holding their own.

I'm not sure they can win this game without Dozier hitting a few. They are letting him shoot whatever he wants.

30-23..not bad .after having 1 of our 6 or 7 minutes draughts.
Agree. Had cold shooting but held the line enough to have a chance in the second half. If we can get Duke in foul trouble we can win this. According to Duke fans, if they don't score forty at the half, they tend to lose.

We just need to relax. We are playing intense...but we have to relax that intensity to shoot.
Silva has gotten absolutely hammered inside a couple of times. No call. Jefferson is intimidating us a little inside I think. That's why we are taking so many outside shots. They are good shots though. We're just not making them or we would be ahead. But we have Duke all outa sorts. We just need to settle down and make some shots and we can win this game the way we are playing on D.

We just need to relax. We are playing intense...but we have to relax that intensity to shoot.
Silva has gotten absolutely hammered inside a couple of times. No call. Jefferson is intimidating us a little inside I think. That's why we are taking so many outside shots. They are good shots though. We're just not making them or we would be ahead. But we have Duke all outa sorts. We just need to settle down and make some shots and we can win this game the way we are playing on D.

I agree with you and disagree with people complaining about shot selection. They are getting open shots. At some point you have to make some of them...you can't just pass them up.

I believe I could randomly pull four people off the street, and shoot better than 7/35. Once again...I've been saying all year, how do you get a D1 Scholarship and not be able to put the ball in the basket?

I'm not sure they can win this game without Dozier hitting a few. They are letting him shoot whatever he wants.

Dozier has had some good looks. It his shot is awful. He needs to learn a better shooting technique.

Commentators saying that this is the best defense they have seen this year. But as they said "if you don't score, you don't win."

Dozier has had some good looks. It his shot is awful. He needs to learn a better shooting technique.

He was so much better at the start of the year. Something messed him up, mentally, with his jump shot. He's got an offseason ahead of him.

He played much better Friday against a smaller lineup; Duke has a long quick backcourt that is very athletic.

Yes, he played great...but still didn't make jump shots, that I remember. Duke is hardly guarding him, and making him make jumpers.

ADVERTISEMENT