ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Jermaine playing so well has allowed us to keep AJ at point and go a little bigger at 3 with Bryant and Minaya (or Frink) at 4, while keeping Moss and Bolden on the bench more. That's going to be crucial going forward.

We better learn to shoot free throws or we WILL NOT win any close games and we're not blowing anybody out.

Honestly was impressed by this win, not particularly in how we played, but how we won despite being in a huge deficit with free throws and foul trouble. A road win under distress is what this team needed. Still a long way to go as a team. I think we have some good individual pieces at times, but we still lack a true team chemistry that's needed against superior teams.

Reactions: vacock#
When Kotsar was in the game and had the ball he tore their press to shreds especially in the second half. He is really a smart ball player except for his occasional bonehead fouls like in the first half.

Reactions: vacock#
Honestly was impressed by this win, not particularly in how we played, but how we won despite being in a huge deficit with free throws and foul trouble. A road win under distress is what this team needed. Still a long way to go as a team. I think we have some good individual pieces at times, but we still lack a true team chemistry that's needed against superior teams.
Excellent and accurate assessment.

I have much loftier desires for our men’s basketball program.

Ditto, but after Boston U, and our joy ride on the slide in Cancun, I regressed. Those non-conference losses will be like a shackle that follows us all year (Boston & UNI more so that Wichita) . The tournament loves us so much we can't afford to be in those bubble conversations because they love to pop ours (even with 20 wins)....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT