ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock Basketball Recruits

ansoncock

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2001
Good things may be happening.

Wildens Leveque has verbally committed. Wildens is from Haiti and is relatively new to the game. At 6'9", 240 lbs he is a physical specimen! I have to believe there is a lot of upside to his potential development. He has been playing New England prep BB and there is not much out in the way of videos. He is smart to choose USC because Coach FM has a history of developing players.

We seem to be high on the list for Donta Scott 6'6", 200 lbs. Scott is a sleeper 4* according to 247 Sports from Imhotep in Philadelphia (same school as David Beatty). Seems like a quality recruit.

Coach FM does not seem to recruit outstanding domestic raw talent and has to work to find it, but these two are indeed promising IMHO.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
We were the first school to recruit Scott - - Perry Clark called him before our final four game when he was in 9th or 10th grade - know a lot of people question Clark’s role - but he knows a lot of high school coaches and how to work system. One final four does not automatically open doors for us - the ACC does a good job of touting their basketball superiority which no longer exists and the AAU group in S.C. does little for us.

Wildens Leveque has verbally committed. Wildens is from Haiti and is relatively new to the game. At 6'9", 240 lbs he is a physical specimen! I have to believe there is a lot of upside to his potential development. He has been playing New England prep BB and there is not much out in the way of videos. He is smart to choose USC because Coach FM has a history of developing players.

We seem to be high on the list for Donta Scott 6'6", 200 lbs. Scott is a sleeper 4* according to 247 Sports from Imhotep in Philadelphia (same school as David Beatty). Seems like a quality recruit.

Coach FM does not seem to recruit outstanding domestic raw talent and has to work to find it, but these two are indeed promising IMHO.

Kid sounds like he was destined to be a Cock!

We should know something on Scott one way or the other today!!! Maryland making a huge push!!!

Leveque’s parents are from Haiti. He was born in Massachusetts.

Oh good lord, I hope not. We'll have to listen to the commentaries talk about it EVERY game.

We should know something on Scott one way or the other today!!! Maryland making a huge push!!!
It looks like, according to the latest "Crystal Ball", that Maryland has won over Donta. Maybe it is just my cynicism, but for some reason my first thought is that substantial cash is involved.

Why would I think this way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT